Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.ie registrar

• 06-03-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭

How do i see what registrar a .ie is held with ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

do you mean the acutal registration details of a .ie?

normally you can get that info by going to iedr.ie and doing a search on the .ie and it will return the following info based on the active domain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

Hi

no i mean the actual host that holds the domain. We can see the owner and ns details but from what i can see it does not actually list the registrar (ie was it registered through hosting company A or hosting company B)

Tnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭jmcc

Hi

no i mean the actual host that holds the domain. We can see the owner and ns details but from what i can see it does not actually list the registrar (ie was it registered through hosting company A or hosting company B)

Tnx
    pm me with the domain name. I should have a domain history on most .ie domains here.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Any current registrar can also check that for you via the IEDR reseller console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Any current registrar can also check that for you via the IEDR reseller console.
    Huh?
    If I do a lookup on one of your domains all I'll get is "this domain is not in your account".
    Or do you know of another method?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭eoin@host.ie

Hi

Tnx

While the IEDR doesn't publish the billing contact in its whois the tech contact is often a good indicator of who the billing contact is.

Eoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭jmcc

While the IEDR doesn't publish the billing contact in its whois the tech contact is often a good indicator of who the billing contact is.
    It could also be a data quality issue with IEDR. With increased job mobility, people change companies. So the person listed as admin or tech contact may no longer be with the company. As a result any renewal notices or e-mails to this person might be junked or dropped.

Perhaps IEDR should pay attention to keeping its registrant data current.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement