Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

best mobile for games

• 06-03-2006 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭

whats the best Mobile phone for games in todays market

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i used loads of games on a k750i.the best thing is that i have a software that reduces the size of the games so you can get loads of games on the memory stick.
    the games are very clear on the k750i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Honestly? The Ngage. It sucks as a phone but it's a great games system (at least it would be if it had some excellent games. Most are average but better than most java games)

Failing that, you're best off with a symbian OS phone. I had Lemmings for my P910i. Touch screen Lemmings? Please and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well i looked into it when getting my phone and i got the motorola v3x on 3 though probaably the most powerful one for games is the nokia 6680
    like the guy above me said its symbian phones that have the best graphics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Any symbian phone. Phones like the k750i, v3 etc are absolutely crap for games.

With newer symbian phones from the 6600 up you can not only play N-Gage games on them but you can play the likes of Duke Nukem 3D, Carmageddon 3D, Counter Strike in full 3d, and loads of other high quality 3d games that compare to something like the original playstation graphics wise.

Even the very old symbian phones like the 7650 can play some great 3d games like Doom, Rally 3d Pro and a fair few others. Unfortunately the 7650/3650 don't have enough ram to play most of the newer symbian games.

There are still loads of crap games for symbian phones too in java format, make sure that when you get games they are in .sis format if possible - these are the games that feature advanced graphics as well as proper music and sound effects.

But the point being the only mobile phone good for gaming are ones running Symbian OS. :)

So for gaming I'd go for a 6600/N-Gage/7610 or possibly a SE p900, which has some excellent touch screen games, the best being a command and conquer clone that is fantastic fun to play.

The controls on the 6680/6630 are a little fiddly for games although they have more ram then previous symbian models and are a bit more future proof and better at running certain games. The joystick on the 6600 is perfect for games though and the N-Gage is by far the best option for games.

Another great thing about Symbian is that there are fairly good emulators for NES/SNES/Genesis out there as well so you can play all your old favourite games :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Havok thats great information

can i do anything with a nokia N90

i was looking on sony ericsson website and saw a class phone a SE
    P990i
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ie&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10336

any taughts

that will be good enough right for games

• Advertisement
Advertisement