Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question on pre-outs for car stereo

Options
  • 06-03-2006 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Guys i'm in the market for a car stereo which has an auxillary input. Does the fact that a stereo comes equipped with a pre-out mean i can use this to connect my iRiver to it via its line out socket?

Hope someone can explain..
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I got this stereo, so you can simply connect your iRiver to it using a standard 3.5mm jack connection....comes with an Aux-in on the front...oh and if you have an iPod you can also connect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Duffler

Cheers Fletch. I've seen this one in argos and halfords but thats the cheapest i've seen it yet. Any hassles connecting it up?I've an almera, which i already have a new facia for fitting purposes.

Thanks

You'll probably need an aerial adaptor and a Harness Adaptor to change your Nissan connection to ISO....as far as I remember the unit comes with an adaptor to then convert from ISO to Sonys connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

Duffler wrote:
    Hi Guys i'm in the market for a car stereo which has an auxillary input. Does the fact that a stereo comes equipped with a pre-out mean i can use this to connect my iRiver to it via its line out socket?

Hope someone can explain..
    Cheers

Nearly - Pre-outs are feeds for amplifiers.
    You need something with an "aux-in" socket of some description. Various manufacturers have various types. Most stereos have them these days, just need the right adapter.

M.

Head to Maplins and pick yourself up a 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plugs Leads, you might even have some lying around your house.....its basically just a headphone socket at either end
    42530i0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you still need somewhere to plug the lead in.....

colm_mcm wrote:
    you still need somewhere to plug the lead in.....
    Yeh the Sony headunit I linked him to above has an Aux-in on the front of the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Duffler

Thanks lads;fletch i'm going to buy the stereo you recommended it seems the job alright!

Cheers
    D.

Duffler wrote:
    Thanks lads;fletch i'm going to buy the stereo you recommended it seems the job alright!

Cheers
    D.
    You wont be disappointed....you can add a sub on to it at a later stage if you like too

Advertisement