Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE domain registration

Options
  • 06-03-2006 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

hi, sorry to butt in on your thread!

But I need somebody to explain to me in plain English what is required to get a .ie domain!

I wanted to get one a few years ago but I was told I couldn't because I wasn't a registered Irish company or some crap like that!

I just want to do a personal site. Kind of like an online CV/Portfolio. Something like www.py2006.ie or www.myrealname.ie

Can this be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have a look at:
    http://www.mneylon.com/blog/archives/2006/02/11/registering-an-ie-domain-as-an-individual/

It's not definitive by any means, but it might be a starting point

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nogihno

You just need to prove that you have an affiliation with the name you are trying to register. You may need to fax through a request on headed notepaper or something requesting the domain and reasons for doing so. .ie domains are relatively in its infancy and I can see the registrars relaxing the conditions of registration in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

nogihno wrote:
    You just need to prove that you have an affiliation with the name you are trying to register.

No. It's not exactly that simple. If it was my life would be a lot simpler

nogihno wrote:
    I can see the registrars relaxing the conditions of registration in the future.
    I presume you mean registry. At present there is no such thing as a registrar for IE domains.

Advertisement