Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who's Good?

• 06-03-2006 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Just out of curiousity, I was wondering who people would have put on their good list from the original lost camp.

It's plain to see that Sawyer and Charlie probably wouldn't have been on the list for the others to kidnap, I doubt Locke would've been either.

but off the top of my head a few on the good list would've been:

Jack
    Hurley (mightn't be the easiest to drag away, so may not have made the other's list by default)
    Kate
    Boone
    Rose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

sorry ... should've put spoilers in the title for people who don't know about lists and such

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Kate, the murdering criminal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Cactus Col wrote:
    sorry ... should've put spoilers in the title for people who don't know about lists and such

You should probably go and do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Depends on what the Others mean by "good" though, doesn't it? We don't know much about those on the list that were taken from the Tailies, so we don't know if they were morally "good". They left Bernard and Libby behind, both of whom seem harmless enough. "Good" could refer to health, genes or those with useful skills or potential. Maybe they should dig Ethan up to see if he had a first draft in his pocket...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

DS wrote:
    Kate, the murdering criminal?

you forgot pathological, sociopathic, 2faced, conniving and just plain annoying:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

you forgot pathological, sociopathic, 2faced, conniving and just plain annoying:D
    damn hot though!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

they tried to take Ecko didn't they, the murdering drug dealer, he was not 'good' at the time, though repentent now. Also, they took tailies on the first night didn't they - would have had no time to get a moral reading on the majority. I reckon good simple refers to health, age, physical attributes and some other attributes we don't know about yet (walt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Tauren wrote:
    they tried to take Ecko didn't they, the murdering drug dealer, he was not 'good' at the time, though repentent now. Also, they took tailies on the first night didn't they - would have had no time to get a moral reading on the majority. I reckon good simple refers to health, age, physical attributes and some other attributes we don't know about yet (walt)

Yeah i have to agree with this. I mean we really dont know if the others are taking people purely on the basis that they are "good" people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Thanks for spoiling it...*rolls eyes*

would it hurt to put 'US' in the title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

Perhaps the reason why they wanted to take him the 1st time was so he wouldnt be a threat for future kidnappings... i.e. getting the tough ones out of the way before they even know they have to guard themselves

put spoiler warnings on this thread... that other person didnt really like reading all of this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well Zeke asked Ethan to make a list of the survivors so maybe they already know the names of the people they want and its just a case of kidnapping them. Who knows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

If some of the castaways were manipulated into getting onto Flight 815, then maybe the Others/Dharma knew some of the people they wanted before the plane crashed. Ethan and Goodwin could have been checking up on the other survivors to see if they were "good" as well.
    It's interesting the way that Locke almost worships the island. It's his faith. Maybe the Others have been there so long that they have a genuine island religon of sorts going. When they say "good", it might mean mentally/genetically/whatever "good", but to them it's religously "good" as well. Nutters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I find it interesting that they tried to take Mr. Eko, ergo labelling him a good person. Despite getting involved in what he did for the sake of his brother, he is depicted as quite an evil man, save for the moment where he spared the childs life. Maybe that is the turning point in his life and his soul, so to speak, was becoming more and more "pure" from that moment, up til present day?

Advertisement