Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nursing Degree in WIT

• 06-03-2006 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hello,
    just wondering if anyone has a clue about the Nursing degree in WIT. Im returning to study as a mature student (i know total madness) and im wondering about the course especially the clinical placement. can't make up my mind about which college to go to. been to UCC already and don't fancy UL so it's between dublin or waterford.
    also whats college life, accomodation etc like.
    any advice appreciated, ta :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭meow

Hey,

I'm starting a nursing degree (intellectual disability) in WIT in Sept as a mature student.

Have you gone though that whole process yet, apptitude, interviews?
    Want any tips, I'll be glad to help. The interview prep questions can be tricky for some but you're given plenty of time to work on them.

As far as the clinical placement goes, I think it can sometimes be arranged for you to do your placement in your locality at home (only sometimes though, suppose it depends where you're living)
    If you're looking for specifics duration of placements, and how they're broken up I'm sure its available on the WIT or CAO site. You could also try the Nursing Board website (all links on CAO site)
    I don't know if WIT have had their Open Day yet but thats always a good way to scope out what on offer down there.

Waterford itself is a nice city, things are pretty centrally located and the college is within walking distance of the city.
    Another benefit is the new nursing building that has recently been built and is now in use on the main campus. I hear its fab and intend to check it out very soon.

What discipline are you hoping to study?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shorain

hi,
    thanks for the reply. im hoping to just do General Nursing. I should have been more specific in my post.im not actually applying through the mature student route although i will be mature if you know what i mean. i have the points to do the course so im just trying to decide where the best place is to do it. in a bit of a pickle financially so just trying to save for fees etc!!

waterford sounds nice as im living in dublin at the moment so a change would be nice. i wondering what hospitals in and around waterford the clinical placemet takes place in as it just lists the South Eastern health board on the Nursing Careers website and the WIT website doesn't really give much detail.

I'll just contact the student liason down there and get some info. Best of luck with the interviews etc :)

Advertisement