Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naked Camera series 2

• 06-03-2006 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

I heard it's starting in about 2 weeks - is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

What do ppl think of the new charachters?? Im not a big fan of the director dude who spits in his pocket but the dutch lads from last week were TOTR.....Yesh my friendsh thinks you looks like hish fashther ! Classic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Sizzler wrote:
    What do ppl think of the new charachters?? Im not a big fan of the director dude who spits in his pocket but the dutch lads from last week were TOTR.....Yesh my friendsh thinks you looks like hish fashther ! Classic!

Jake Stephens is still great, I think there is potential beyond NC for that character.

It was sad to see Jake do a few ads after the 1st series tho...he shud have kept that stuff tucked away till the series had run its course...we dont want to see him get tooo much profile tho...needs to catch out a few more punters first :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I dunno, I think its kinda loosing its originality this time around. Tho I have to admit the skit with the Dutch was hilarious!!!!

Surprised people havent copped on yet

Marshy wrote:
    I dunno, I think its kinda loosing its originality this time around. Tho I have to admit the skit with the Dutch was hilarious!!!!

Surprised people havent copped on yet

Well I heard PJ Gallagher on the radio last week and he said the ratings are at 250k for each week...so that means theres another 3.5m ppl that havent seen it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Marshy wrote:

Yeah i agree its a pity they didnt introduce more new characters.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 townparks

Anyone see Star Sunday yesterday?

They tracked down the real Jake Stevens who PJ Gallagher based the character on. (The bloke who whistles in blue suit with newspaper)

Worked with PJ in an Air conditioning company in 1998. Huge picture of him, talking about PJ.
    They said he sounded like Jake and even whistled like him !!!

PJ Gallagher from Naked Camera was interviewed confirming it was this guy and that he couldn't believe they found him.

Well worth tracking down a copy.

Tonights episode was one of the funniest ive seen ! CLASSIC !! The "fix it" guy getting driving lessons....woooof ! LOL

Yea good episode alrite! Thought the supposed orange march member was priceless!!!!

"We dont play hurling in the North, thats what you do in the south," thought that was brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yeah last nights episode was really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Jesus Christ. I gave this a second chance tonight after writing it off during the first episode of season 1 and - to be honest - I'm really not seeing anything special. The Orange March guy was alright/good... but the driving lesson was retarded, and could've been thought up by the laziest hack (i.e. me) in ten minutes..... I can't even remember the other stuff; that's how dire this show is.

Oh wait: The Romanian House Expo. That was pretty pathetic too. And the pregnancy test was executed on the basis of a misunderstanding - BUT THE SHOPKEEPER DIDN'T GET THE JOKE (Hint: This is where you go elsewhere and reshoot it instead of having a back and forth of Maeve Higgins trying to explain the joke.). There was more, but it wasn't much better. Boo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

The guy who woofs and whistles is rarely funny, he actually did my head in last night cause it wasn't in the slightest bit funny....the funniest part of the whole show wasn't actually in the show...it was when the drivin instructor rang her boss to tell him/her that her student got out of the car to go have a sh1te"....the only two good characters are the girl who does be looking for love and the aul one lookin for a ride on Moore Street....other than that...it was funny the first time but I'm kinda borin of it.

I think some of the early material is hard to beat...eg Jake going in to learn how to speak english as a foreign language !

The woof guy, last night he got the reaction he was looking for, its fair to say she has seen her fair share of fruiters in her time so the ending where she foned her boss proved they nailed her.

As for saying any old hack could dream up those gags...hmmm...well as I see it, you could be Mel Brooks genius but of the subject of the joke doesnt react then you have wasted your time.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

This series is nowhere nearly as good as the first. And the programme is miles off being as good as Canid Camera or BBC's Just for Laughs. In the episode that ye talk about above, the orange order gag worked ok while the romania gag & putting the phones in a football gag also worked well too. However, the rest was pretty crap. In last nights episode, There was nothing!
    Does anybody think that it would be better if it was just PJ Gallagher that did the programme? I dont really find the other 2 funny at all.

nollaig wrote:
    This series is nowhere nearly as good as the first. And the programme is miles off being as good as Canid Camera or BBC's Just for Laughs. In the episode that ye talk about above, the orange order gag worked ok while the romania gag & putting the phones in a football gag also worked well too. However, the rest was pretty crap. In last nights episode, There was nothing!
    Does anybody think that it would be better if it was just PJ Gallagher that did the programme? I dont really find the other 2 funny at all.

Patrick McDonnell is TOTR. When he trys to look official and goes around the place ppl just take him as being some sort of officialdom cos hes in a navy suit and wears a peaked cap ! People are so gullible and thats what makes it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

The woman with the wedding dress is quite simply dreadful, not in the least bit funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

joey D wrote:
    The woman with the wedding dress is quite simply dreadful, not in the least bit funny.

Yeah I would have to agree with you on that, she is not funny at all, just head wrecking. I didn't that this weeks episode was as good as last weeks. Hopefully it will be better next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think The Girl in the Wedding dress has some of the funnier moments. I think it's the reaction that she gets from the people. The Hotel Manager who went out to console her. LOL.

The woof and wistle guys mmmm????? sometimes good. The driving test was alright, the temp girl was funny as was the xtravision interview.

The guy trying to feed the dog to the lions because of the dog's cancer was also funny.

I think you like it or you don't but yet again because it's Irish and from RTE we are definately over critical.
    Well I heard PJ Gallagher on the radio last week and he said the ratings are at 250k for each week...so that means theres another 3.5m ppl that havent seen it :-)

Thats a good chunk of the adult audience. (15+) and it's on RTE TWO so it is doing very respectfully for that channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Am I the only one who finds this show totally unfunny and just annoying. Before ye ask "why are you watching it then?", the lads in the house here think it's the best thing since sliced bread so I've no choice but to endure it if I'm in the room (of course they also think Kilnaskully is brillant too! :rolleyes:).

Personally I reckon the only reason this rubbish made it to a 2nd season is because noone watches it so they get away with the "gags".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't get kinnaskully, but then I don't get why Fr. Ted was funny.

I wouldn't call Naked Camera Annoying, but then I think it is funny. I wouldn't call the best thing since sliced bread either, but then I amn't a fan of sliced bread. :rolleyes:
    Personally I reckon the only reason this rubbish made it to a 2nd season is because noone watches it so they get away with the "gags".

No it doesn't work like that. Yet surprisingly Stew got another series :( .

• Advertisement

I don't get kinnaskully, but then I don't get why Fr. Ted was funny.

I wouldn't call Naked Camera Annoying, but then I think it is funny. I wouldn't call the best thing since sliced bread either, but then I amn't a fan of sliced bread.

Killinaskully is a load of ahite. But Fr. Ted was really really class!
    No it doesn't work like that. Yet surprisingly Stew got another series

Another load of ****e!

nollaig wrote:
    Killinaskully is a load of ahite. But Fr. Ted was really really class!

Another load of ****e!

Bullox. Killinaskully is an acquired taste, FR.Ted was instant genius.

Naked Camera redeemed itself somewhat with last nights episode, I thought it was the best of the series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 modret

nollaig wrote:
    Naked Camera redeemed itself somewhat with last nights episode, I thought it was the best of the series
    Especially the poor sap who had to clean up the poo!

Yea undoubtedly best of series. Orange march guy is gr8, wud be even better if his accent was better tho. Poo episode was really funny too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Didn't watch the first series so I can't comment on it but I've been watching this current series for the past few weeks. It's very hit and miss, I find. There's the odd funny bit or funny character in it but, I'm afraid, most of it is fairly crap. I think the Jake Stevens character is probably the best one in the whole show, in my opinion. Thought he was brilliant a few weeks ago when he went to Norway or Finland or wherever it was for the karaoke contest. Especially his fantastic rendition of 'Walk Of Life'. Brilliant! :D

By the way, anyone notice how it seems he's getting more and more recognised on the street these days by the general public? For example, on last's night show there was a bit where he was crossing the street and some of the cars we're beeping at him. Then, if you listened really carefully, you could hear someone on the opposite site of the street shout across to him, in a typically Dublin way, "HA! Jake Stevens YA BOLLIX!" :D

Was probably the funniest bit in the whole of last night's show, unfortunately! :rolleyes:

Also, anyone find the girl on that show (Maeve Higgins, I think her name is) incredibly unfunny? I don't think anyone would even notice if she was dropped from the show, to be honest. I mean, all her characters seem to be more or less the same and just re-hashes in some way of her "looking for a boyfriend/trying to find someone to marry her" character.

And that "aul wan" always looking for a ride isn't funny anymore either. Was okay the first couple of times but now it's just annoying. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Marshy wrote:
    Yea undoubtedly best of series. Orange march guy is gr8, wud be even better if his accent was better tho. Poo episode was really funny too!!

I thought the show was hit and miss but last nights show was excellent, The orangeman was flippin brilliant and the fella interviewing the girl "Dickie Rocks c*ck fell off"!!!!!!

I have to say that I was a serious fan of the first series but the second one hasnt quiet lived up to my expectations. The only highlights for me in the 2nd series was the skanger trying to buy the car and then some car sales bird **** herself when she saw he had handcuffs, then the skanger was down in killarney and the fella with the horse and cart was trying to help him out, that was a cracker.

Maeve is good and her beauty therapist thing last night was gas, the bird she was winding up got stuffed big style. Still cant help thinking the 1st episode was streets ahead though...sorry folks!

Also I think Jake is a victim of his own success with people recognising him, but lets face it his material is prob the best.

THE classic moment for me was when Jake was on the dart and he says to some youngfella...."Im off to the buffet car"....CLASSIC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Was probably the funniest bit in the whole of last night's show, unfortunately! :rolleyes:

Are ya mad man?

"Dickie rocks cock fell off and the dog ran away with it"!

That made me laugh so hard!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I saw one episode of Naked Camera this year, I though Podge and Rodge was on but had the time wrong. I have to say, it's not funny, just sad. Incredibly sad at that. The only bit I laughed at was the Orange man who wanted the restaurant to close the toilets to the general public as he had a friend that couldn't pee in front of Roman Catholics because he got stage fright. The rest of it was just embarrassing. The auld one looking for a roide, pathetic. The American girl in the souvenir shop looking for a Celtic tiger, that's hardly a new joke at this stage. A guy interviewing a girl and wanting her to say bollox or feck :confused:

Congratulations RTE on another waste of my licence fee.

basquille wrote:

Classic !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

that guy that whistles all the time..oh lord..its dire..
    Also, anyone find the girl on that show (Maeve Higgins, I think her name is) incredibly unfunny? I don't think anyone would even notice if she was dropped from the show, to be honest. I mean, all her characters seem to be more or less the same and just re-hashes in some way of her "looking for a boyfriend/trying to find someone to marry her" character.

they are all "unfunny"...incredibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

jor el wrote:
    I saw one episode of Naked Camera this year, I though Podge and Rodge was on but had the time wrong. I have to say, it's not funny, just sad. Incredibly sad at that. The only bit I laughed at was the Orange man who wanted the restaurant to close the toilets to the general public as he had a friend that couldn't pee in front of Roman Catholics because he got stage fright. The rest of it was just embarrassing. The auld one looking for a roide, pathetic. The American girl in the souvenir shop looking for a Celtic tiger, that's hardly a new joke at this stage. A guy interviewing a girl and wanting her to say bollox or feck :confused:

Congratulations RTE on another waste of my licence fee.
    that guy that whistles all the time..oh lord..its dire..

they are all "unfunny"...incredibly

Thank jebus.. I thought it was just me who can't stand this rubbish! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement