Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moving to Uk.... Just few questions.

Options
  • 06-03-2006 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm moving to the uk on a perm basis in the summer.... Now in June i will have 3 years no claims bonus, and 4 years full lisence... My question is will my no claims and full lis be fully acceptable over there?ie can i keep driving over there on a perm basis with my full lis? Another question i want to buy a car over there anyone have any sites where i can start to get prices etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

motorpoint.co.uk are the place to buy a new car for as little money as possible. do great deals on vws.
    yes the ncb should be acceptable. the license does not need to be changed unless it expires and u are no longer resident in ireland at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I dont really want to buy a new car second hand bmw is my plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 HEATZ

i lived and worked as a driver in the uk for 5 years with my irish licence

Get the same discount as you would with an Uk drivin lisence?What insurance like over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 HEATZ

Get the same discount as you would with an Uk drivin lisence?What insurance like over there?

insurance is a lot cheaper over there i payed £380 for a vauxhall senator 3.0i 24V and £190 for tax!

• Advertisement

I am only 21 but hoping it will still be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

welcome to the uk

You can continue to use your irish licence for a maximum of 3 years and then you must swap it for a uk one.

insurance: get a copy of you NCB and it should be transfered, car insurance is cheaper here then ireland (I pay £172 for full comp, open driven and business on a 2L Mercedes) but it is pricey for the under 25's. it also depends on what group your car is eg a small fiat is group 1 a 911 is group 20, bmw's probably group 10 upwards and it depends on the postcode, where it's parked, annual milage, alarms, and any mods and your profession

Well i will be living in Swansea, I got a Quote of 700 Pound on a e46 318 se 00 from 1 insurance company, thats the plan to get a 318 e46, I will be a student aswell.
    cujimmy wrote:
    welcome to the uk

You can continue to use your irish licence for a maximum of 3 years and then you must swap it for a uk one.

insurance: get a copy of you NCB and it should be transfered, car insurance is cheaper here then ireland (I pay £172 for full comp, open driven and business on a 2L Mercedes) but it is pricey for the under 25's. it also depends on what group your car is eg a small fiat is group 1 a 911 is group 20, bmw's probably group 10 upwards and it depends on the postcode, where it's parked, annual milage, alarms, and any mods and your profession

Advertisement