Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see the Digiweb ads on Sky 1?

Options
  • 06-03-2006 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

Did I hear correctly .. "Broadband in more places than anyone else", or something close to that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ya they said it alright just saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

cgarvey wrote:
    Did I hear correctly .. "Broadband in more places than anyone else", or something close to that?
    Yeah, their radio ads are the same. The claim to be in more places because they offer wireless, DSL AND satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

well seeing as satellite is everywere that dosnt really count
    i wouldnt of thought they would have the best coverage but shows what i know
    anyway ive a question can they only offer dsl if eircom had unbundled the exchange

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well in fairness, even if you exclude Sat they still have more coverage then Eircom. They cover everywhere Eircom covers via Bitstream DSL and then they cover lots of extra ground via Metro wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

bk wrote:
    Well in fairness, even if you exclude Sat they still have more coverage then Eircom. They cover everywhere Eircom covers via Bitstream DSL and then they cover lots of extra ground via Metro wireless.
    I wish they'd increase their existing coverage of wireless!, in County Carlow, the only place you can get their wireless service is Carlow town itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

And the wireless coming to more secret till they have it done locations soon :)

Their aim is to get rid of Satellite. They don't belive in it any more than we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

watty wrote:
    And the wireless coming to more secret till they have it done locations soon :)

Their aim is to get rid of Satellite. They don't belive in it any more than we do.

OH tell me this is really true!! ........ looking at all the wireless points on the map in the add my general area is devoid of them (south west Galway) :( ... oh when will i get non sat access???

Laguna wrote:
    I wish they'd increase their existing coverage of wireless!, in County Carlow, the only place you can get their wireless service is Carlow town itself.
    well in limerick its only in limerick city and in none of towns and a lot of them are bigger than carlow town
    adare,newcastle west,rathkeale,kilmallock abbeyfeale etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Altreab wrote:
    OH tell me this is really true!! ........ looking at all the wireless points on the map in the add my general area is devoid of them (south west Galway) :( ... oh when will i get non sat access???

is there not a wireless GBS around Kinvara ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stuckat28k

1huge1 wrote:
    well in limerick its only in limerick city and in none of towns and a lot of them are bigger than carlow town

In the interests of accuracy, from the 2002 Census, Carlow town's population was 22,443. (Source : Census 2002 Vol. 1 Population Classified by Area, CSO July 2003).
    From the same source:
    Adare 1,042,
    Newcastle West 4,017,
    Rathkeale 1,546,
    Kilmallock 1,362,
    Abbeyfeale 1,683.
    The total for all these is just 9,650, less than half that of Carlow town!

:)

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote:

No. Digiweb available well outside Limerick City. Base is at RTE mast on Woodcock hill. If you have clear LOS it works probabily up to 15km away. I'm 12.5Km from base station and about 8km from City Boundary.

Of course technically all Raheen, most of Dooradoyle, most of Caherdavin and a lot of Castletroy and Corbally directions is outside the city.

What people "regard" as Limerick might have twice the population of the census of the City.

Still Carlow is much bigger than anyplace outside Limerick City, no matter how oddly the census takes account of boundaries.

stuckat28k wrote:
    In the interests of accuracy, from the 2002 Census, Carlow town's population was 22,443. (Source : Census 2002 Vol. 1 Population Classified by Area, CSO July 2003).
    From the same source:
    Adare 1,042,
    Newcastle West 4,017,
    Rathkeale 1,546,
    Kilmallock 1,362,
    Abbeyfeale 1,683.
    The total for all these is just 9,650, less than half that of Carlow town!

:)
    im not saying this to be awkward but do you really trust the census because according to the census most of limerick city is in the county and newcastle west is a good bit bigger than carlow town ive been in both many times and as for the others well maybe not
    can we just agree to disagree?
    because this topic is really about digiweb and i shouldnt of went of topic like that

Maybe there is more than one Carlow and Newcastlewest. I've been to one of each, and while I'm fond of NCW it isn't anything like as big.

Hopefully both will get great Broadband soon. I know some folks at NCW that are hoping for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Eh, I work in Carlow, and I've been in and through Newcastle West a fair few times. Carlow is far bigger. And has plenty of BB options, the MAN, Digiweb, Eircom, BT, Smart etc. etc.

Even on the supermrket comparisons, Carlow has 2 x Aldi, 24hr Tesco, Superquinn, and Dunnes under construction.

Plus, a large bit of residential Carlow is in Laois, so that may not be included in the census.

But I apologise, this is completly off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Patrickof wrote:
    Even on the supermrket comparisons, Carlow has 2 x Aldi, 24hr Tesco, Superquinn, and Dunnes under construction.
    and Supervalue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Laguna wrote:

Permanet seem to have imminent plans for MOST of carlow if you look at this map

http://www.permanet.ie/map1.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Altreab wrote:
    having a bad day that day when i said southwest :) although Kilkerrin, Connemara could be seen as south west Galway too :)
    Nope no sign of BB in any shape or form here (Satellite is not true BB IMHO)
    oh for someone to bring BB to this area :)

Advertisement