Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Reports in Business

• 06-03-2006 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

I'm just wondering...how exactly do you ''write a report'' in Business, like what's the layout?

For Example, a question like this:
    (B) The directors of Bingo Ltd, Sligo supplied the following figures for the years 2000 and 2001.

2000 - 2001
    € - €
    Sales - 530,000 - 560,000
    Net Profit - 120,000 - 110,000
    Current Assets - 36,000 - 24,000
    Current Liabilities - 16,000 - 32,000
    Capital Employed - 380,000 - 460,000

- Assume you are Pauline Willis, Management Consultant, Double Entry Road, Wexford.
    - Prepare a report, on today’s date, for the directors of Bingo Ltd comparing and commenting on the performance of the business over the two years, 2000 and 2001.
    - Use the following three ratios in comparing the performance:
    -Net Profit Percentage; Return on Capital Employed; Current Ratio. (34)

Apologies if that's hard to make out.
    But how the hell would you do a question like this?
    At Christmas, I did this question and basically said something along the lines of...em...:

''Yeah your Business is doing great, keep up the good work. Just don't spend as much here and there''

It wasn't actually like that but it was along those lines. The point is I got no marks for it.

So how do you actually do a question like this? My book doesn't cover it.

A quick reply would be appreciated as the mocks are very soon...

Advertisement