Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City vs Dungannon

• 06-03-2006 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

on setanta now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Cork down to 10 [O'Donnovan off]. Goergie's having a shocker! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

1-0 Cork - O'Flynn

Not a bad game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

what the **** was o'donnovan at?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Roy was so bloody stupid, but if anything, its simply hardened Citys resolve to go on and totally outclass Dungannon. The fact City were a man down for the majority was never really a factor, as they didnt change formation and kept playing fast, slick football. Mick Devine pulled off 2 fantastic saves to deny Dungannon, but in truth, once the 2nd went in City played within themselves, and neevr really needed to go back into second gear.

Great result also between Portadown and Drogheda 0-0. Good to see Doolin whinging again.

On a side note, Dungannon should pull out of the IFA after the latters arseholery regarding the lack of release of Rodney McAree, the managers son, who works for the IFA in a grass roots development role. They had an induction course today/tomorrow, and would not release him to play for his club tonight. Biggest pile of crap I have ever heard. (I am looking for a link to this but am struggling).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

gimmick wrote:
    On a side note, Dungannon should pull out of the IFA after the latters arseholery regarding the lack of release of Rodney McAree, the managers son, who works for the IFA in a grass roots development role. They had an induction course today/tomorrow, and would not release him to play for his club tonight. Biggest pile of crap I have ever heard. (I am looking for a link to this but am struggling).

Here ya go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

good performance by city. really knuckled down after roy's sending off. very stupid from roy but i reckon he panicked, he didnt even get the right player FFS!

Nice to see city finally score from a free kick too, it's about shagging time. beautiful goal from george. and flynny's goal will give him a huge confidence boost as well..

gamble and o'donovan are suspended for the trip to swifts next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

City were miles the better team. I would put Dungannan at the standard of a Bray or a UCD.

IFA made a terrible decision not allowing the manager's son play. It does nothing to promote the great things about the competition so far.

Flynny looked sharp and its great to see him chasing down the channels and making it hard for defenders to clear their lines.

Negative is the that the team looks unbalanced without a natural left footer on the left. Debatable whether Vinny Sullivan can make a differece there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

The IFA really showed the level of their competence with that decision. Shocking stuff altogether. Hopefully Setanta will give them a bloocking.

Decent enough game, Dungannon looked decent enough on the break, but Cork, despite coming out of 2nd gear, probably never went further than 3rd. Comfortable with 10 men says it all really.

Dungannon's spirit was something else tho, and had it not been for some classy saves they could have got a point.

Advertisement