Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Sky Digital

Options
  • 06-03-2006 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

Having signed up with Sky in September of last year they have blocked my viewing a total of 7 times, each time claiming that the Direct Debit had not been set up and saying I owed money. This is despite me having sent 6 Direct Debit mandates to Sky (they have all my account details on their system) and even resorting to me directly sending a mandate to my bank asking them to set it up (on the advice of Sky).

To this day I continue to get blocked every few weeks and the direct debit has not been set up. Sky say that it's the banks fault and the bank say it is Sky's fault and that they have had numerous problems with Sky over the years.

Sky each time add on an 'invoice administration' charge of €5 to cover the fact that they are unable to get money from my account. (by the way, the problem isnt with lack of funds in the account....there is enough money there....they just cant seem to set up the mandate correctly)

I'm completely stuck now as to what to do!?! I'm stuck in the middle and Sky are no help whatsoever. I've sent various letters to heads of departments and on two occasions have received apologies and credits totalling about €90 yet still they cant sort it out. Any advice at all?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you actually gone into the back and checked that the dd mandate is in order? It's always best to do this in person, if you can at all.

If the dd is such a hassle, switch to paying it yourself every month, you can do this eeasily with online banking, once you've registered your Sky account details with the bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Or you can also use your credit card. It will automatically be charged to your card each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

problem with not paying by DD is that they charge you an extra €5.08 per month (an "invoice admin" charge!)

do you know if there is any form of ombudsman to complain to? They obviously arent regulated over here so there's not much can be done here. Problem today is that the bank do have the DD set up correctly, however Sky have wiped all my account details from their system. It's total incompetance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Threaten to disconnect. Using terms such as "chorus" or "ntl digital" might help also ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If there's one thing Sky is good at its getting money ! If there's one thing that many people complain about regarding baks it's their inability to set up DD correctly.

I suggest you call into your bank and see exactly what the story is - of course they are going to say it's Sky's fault..

Sky are a big business and you can be damn sure that they know by now how to request direct debits....

• Advertisement
Advertisement