Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinion!

• 06-03-2006 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok there is this girl that i really really really like infact im obsessed with her,
    she is like perfect. Anyway there just a number of issues that stop us
    getting together. 1) she's outta my league 2) she's going out with my mate!!!!

We talk quite alot and get on well but she's been in my head for months now
    and it just isnt healthy lol!

I just cant get her outta my head! And i dont think i can!!!!!!!!

She's the perfect girl and she's really sound!

Why is it that you like the people you cant get!

Any opinions on what i could/should do? cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

48unreg wrote:
    2) she's going out with my mate!!!!

good luck with that....

find someone of your own tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Nobody is out of anyones "league". Massage their ego and you can get anyone. Going out with your friend - well that depends on what sort of friend you are. Personally i wouldn't.

As for you only wanting her because she's taken, its probably true. Forbidden fruit and all that. I suspect that you are only seeing her for short periods or when she's going out. This is far too short a timespan to judge someone as perfect.

My advice is leave it alone. If she breaks up with your bud you can move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

That's a tricky one my friend...well to answer some of your questions imo:

The reason you like the girls you can't get is because you can't get them and the thought of having something you can't have makes it more exciting!

Also, there are two ways to get a girl out of your head:

1/ Out of sight, out of mind. Usually what people do in the early stages after relationships...

2/ Replacement therapy!! :D Meet another girl, start having a relationship..most of the time when you really like someone you would love to go out with them! But what is so true, but impossible to see when you're in that position is that 90% of the enfatuation is an actual relationship...the 10% is she'd be the perfect one to be in it with...cause everyone loves having a g/f for all aspects of a relationship..closeness, friendship, intamacy, sex and good old fashioned plain fun! Maybe that's what you're after..so get a different girl that you like (she dosen't have to be "perfect") and start a relationship...soon you'll see that that was probably what you were missing/wanting all along.

And if you can't get another girl for whatever reason, it also works in the mind!! :D Pick another girl you like...could someone famous, could be the hot chick that works in spar, could be a girl you are friends with...could be a girl you are chasing..and whenever you think of the "perfect girl" stop yourself and start to think of the replacement girl and what you like about her, and how hot she is...soon you'll be able to giggle about it, and the "obsesive thinking" wont be so intense! :)

Ahh, getting over girls you really liked, unfortunatly I've had a fair bit of paractice, so I learned a few tricks along the way ;)

:(
    **AWWWWW** sniffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

stay clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'd say stay away. You sound like you might become a bit of a stalker if you hung around her too much tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

You say you're obesessed with this girl, this indicates to me you've already taken an unhealthy interest in her, I don't think can revert to being the 'normal' boyfriend to her after placing her on such high a pedestal you've developed an obsession with her.
    48unreg wrote:
    She's the perfect girl

No she isn't, no girl is, everyone has their flaws, as soon as you realise this you won't be as obsessed over her and then maybe see how things develop with her in the future..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Rockstar*

Unlucky that you're mad about your mates girlfriend but seriously forget about it...1.shes prob not interested in you and 2. its likely you wont have this MATE anymore if anything was to happen and

Im just putting myself in your mates shoes: what if you found out your mate had a thing for your girlfriend?? Im not much the jealous type but it would bug the **** outta me if i knew about it....Thats a no access area im afraid as far as mates are concerned-in fact thats exactly how some people find out who they can really consider their mates

Im sure you'll find someone else which will help you to stop thinking about her like this..best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

If you were coming in for a landing on an aircraft carrier they'd be screaming 'wave off wave off'.*

*I was watching discovery wings last night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

48unreg wrote:
    2) she's going out with my mate!!!!

how could you do that to someone you call a mate?
    leave her be and find someone who isn't attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Firstly there is no such thing as the perfect girl & secondly if she wanted you, she wouldn't be going out with your mate....

I think if you respect your mate & want to keep him as a mate then find someone that is not dating a friend of yours...

It's the very fact we can't have certain people that makes them all the more alluring & if we actually got these people, we would find they are not as wonderful as we imagined them.....not worth loosing your mate over.....move on......best of luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement