Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eqii

Options
  • 06-03-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Anyone still playing this? I ordered my copy last week with the newest expansion, it should be arriving this week, the sooner the better =)

What's the PvP and Raiding like in EQII? Hope the PvP isn't similar to WoW... you know BG farming... it's so boring! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

haha, PvP in eq2... hahahaha!

Seriously though, they just added it in, in a patch there recently or something. EQ2 is not exactly PvP centric, for the longest time it was purely PvE. I wouldnt expect that too much, imho. Anyway, lemme know how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i play on the US servers as i cant stand multilanguage servers, i hate not being able to understand other languages but thems the breaks.

PvP - is decent, reminds me a lot of old UO pvp. dont bother leaving your city until you are level 17 or so, and even then you will get ganked in the noobish areas (i made an assassin got to level 10 started in the graveyard and was killed 5 times in my first hour by a higher level slayer)

if you fancy it join me on Lucan D'lere (us server) im in a 200+ guild and they are a decent bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The question is should you play on the pvp enabled buy items for cash server!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

and what server is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ive started playing this game more now. I find it alot better than WoW.

I play on the kitchicor server on the US servers, it used to be the Neriak Server but we were merged with kitchicor.

I have a level 40 Bruiser, 35 Defiler, 30 Necromancer and 27 Ranger. My fav so far being my level 40 Halfling Bruiser :D

Havent got the new expantion yet though, i dont see a point as i have bought the first expantion desert of flames and have yet to even touch off that expantion. Although i will soon >=D

• Advertisement

hrmmm I'll avoid Vox then.

OK, i'm in Darathar in EU servers with the ingame name of Senritsu, anyone else in this server?

I know this may be looking a little far ahead seeing as I'm level 18, but what's end game raiding like in EQii? Similar to WoW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ripclaw

I'm on Darathar as well (Jinpaw).

Have to say, so far I like the PvP. And overall I like EQ2 more than WoW, but thats more a matter of personal taste i suppose. Anyway, can really recommend to anyone to try it out.

Just tried DDO out, which of course is completely different. And I think it definitely needs more polishing...

• Advertisement

Quaynosian or Freeportian? I'm Freeport

I found the dark side so depressing. I mean it's like always raining in the city. Boo!

tbh tho the euro servers suck balls
    i did not have fun on them at all. im having a great time on us servers. i finally got around to getting to level 30 on my wizzy

Yeah i just dinged 42 on my Halfling-Bruiser, US servers pwn Euro servers. I always play on US servers, euro servers just seem so... lame!

Jag how ya finding wizzy? I'm thinking bout rolling one, trying to find an ideal alt to switch to from bruiser.

Defiler didnt cut it, got him to 36 then SOE made them look ****.

Ranger was my first class, didnt like them. **** at close range (which is always where the enemy is)

Necromancer is ok, but ehh just not my cup of tea i guess. I may go back to him some day.

Well the Euro servers are slowly improving...

I have a 21 Troubador, my favouritest class ever! =) Well actually I found Dirge more fun, but I wasn't bothered to make another alt... I've tried a Wizzy, and they pwn, but the problem is they, being cloth wearers, are very frail =(

Demeant0r wrote:
    Well the Euro servers are slowly improving...

I have a 21 Troubador, my favouritest class ever! =) Well actually I found Dirge more fun, but I wasn't bothered to make another alt... I've tried a Wizzy, and they pwn, but the problem is they, being cloth wearers, are very frail =(

I love the scout classes, but they are the hardest class to solo with. My experience however has only been with the ranger. Most of the Rangers attacks are ranged so you can only get a few shots off before the targets up close and your meleeing with it, then you can only do most of your melee skills either from behind or in stealth which is useless when in the middle of a fight =-/

Bruisers are the best class IMO, and believe me ive done alot of testing =P

Bruisers can tank, DPS, mezz, and heal themselves =D

lol nice, I wish Bards could do some AOE healing or Healing over time like Bards in Ragnarok could do...

i love my wizzy, i have become intimate with most of the floors of norrath.

i rolled an SK a few days ago man sk's rock my socks off.

I've gone a little crazy the last few days, I've leveled from 20 to 27 since Friday, lol... won't be able to do that again with the exams creeping ever closer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭seanok

I bought the game and played it all over Christmas. Very addidctive...:D

Started playing again this month. I am level 18 Bezerker.

I wonder if there is an Irish guild I could join?

EQ2 name is seanok on the Runnyeye server

• Advertisement

dunno, but the guild i'm in has another irish person apart from me, guild is <Darkside> on Darathar

Wizzy is about to hit 35 and shadowknight is 25.

Seanok come play on the US servers.

i finished downloading all optional extras today, its really cool. practically every monster that uses a speech bubble has a sound file.

Do I have to start a character from scratch to play on the US servers or can I just use my current char and just log onto teh US servers?

i abandoned my EU characters. the problem with playing on a US server is that you have to re-patch as they get different add-ons to europe.

aint that a kicker. thats one of the reasons why i choose to play there. they get a lot of preferential treatment.

the guilds are bigger, a LOT of euro players play on the us servers. theres people from UK, ireland, sweden, germany in our guild alone.

you can make a new character fairly quickly. didnt take me long to get my Shadowknight to level 25.

the option is there. anyone planning on playing i advise the US servers.

Started on the US Server Darathar.

Was up at level 8 Beserker before leaving the island for Queynos.
    Just arrived there last night and have strated some quests.

See you around the place.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dinh_Gunslinger

Hey Guys,

I've been playing EQ II since it's inception in 2004 and it's easily the best MMORPG on the market and if SOE got the finger out and became more customer friendly they would have a lot more subscriptions!

I've played on Mistmoore since the beginning mainly because there were no English speaking EU servers in the beginning so I went with a U.S. server...play times suited me anyway because I'm a night owl, lol. :p

I tried out a toon on Butcherblock or Blackburrow (don't remember which) when English speaking servers came in but they population was mind numbingly low so I stuck with Mistmoore with it's high population at almost anytime of the day!

A couple of weeks ago I started up a toon on Darathar because a friend of mine played PvP and told me how good it was. I was a little sceptical at first but I actually don't think I'll ever go back from PvP because it's just so damn fun! Yea the server pop could be better but I think it will improve over time. I have a good and evil character, Kilbharrog and Drakonious respectively, but I mostly use Drak because I've gotten used to FP and kind of like it.

We are looking to set up an Irish run guild pretty soon because we had one on Mistmoore <The Dark Tower Guardians> and it was great fun. If anybody is interested and has a toon on Darathar then send Drakonious <Indigo Rage> a tell or PM and we'll organise a guild. Two of my other friends play in the same guild now and we just want to get a core group together so we can go hunt some Q's!

We'll be doing a load of HQ's soon but we need to do them in big groups otherwise we'll be slaughtered because most of them require you to venture to Qeynos a lot.

We are all experienced EQ II heads so even if you don't want to join a guild with us just give a shout if you want to group! ;)

Take Care! :D

Drakonious Deschain
    18 Necro - 20 Sage
    <Indigo Rage>

you have a char named kilbarrack

im gonna have to start a new char on drath to hunt you down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ripclaw

Been playing on Darathar since it went up, all my chars are in the guild "Iron Will". So if you see Grimmbart, Eldren or Jinpaw running around, you know he's from Galway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

been playing eq2 for a long time now..

I play on the splitpaw-EU server, alot of hardcore raiders on there. and I dont know why most of you had a problem but 99% of it is all english speaking.

End game raiding is fantastic, have been MT raids on my 70 berserker for about 6-7 months now and I love every bit of it, raiding is for me what keeps me playing and loving it more and more..

Loot and money wise youll usually find me on my 70 wizard soloing the triple up named around KoS just to try and get some cash up (wiz... solo gods if played correctly as some of you may know)

if im bored or ppl need help i log the ranger (58) or the healer etc but usually always on the berserker or wizard

If your on splitpaw anytime give me a shout, usually am very happy to help with anything I possibly can, from random quests/how to make cash or help with end game raids, have main tanked every t5 zone/every t6 zone except masters prism and every t7 zone except deathtoll and only small parts of halls of seeing

You can also send cross server tells so you know, so if its just to ask for advice dont hesitate to pop me a tell.. chars are:

Bastila (70 zerker)
    Owenie (70 wizard)
    Linzi (58 Ranger)

If your not on splitpaw just use..

/tell Splitpaw.Bastila or Splitpaw.Owenie etc etc..

happy gaming :)

• Advertisement

I do like the cross server tells in the game, and the webpage stats on your character and guild (though they were really really slow when the game first came out). Freeport is so depressing though, it needs more sunny non rainy days and someone to plant some flowers :)

Advertisement