Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Citywest

Options
  • 07-03-2006 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Im about to start working in citywest so I want to live somehwere near there(seeing as i dont own a car).

Where would be a good place to look for a a room to rent and what would it cost approximately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hotpotatoes

Just so we're clear you're about to start work in Citywest Industrial estate in clondalkin, that right?

If so there are appartments just off the new nangor road. About a 20 minute walk from there.They're beside a pub called the Waterside, i think.

Alternatively, buy the clondalkin echo or evening herald and you might find something.

There are more apartments up near Bewleys but its a bit more of a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

thats parkwest, citywest is out past saggart near browns barn pub :D

your best bet is either de selby in tallaght ,saggart , newcastle on the otherside of the motorway or lucan in the finnistown area.

i havent a clue about the bus service from the newcaslte/lucan area but the 65x covers the tallaght saggart area comming from town and terminating in citywest.

now for the bad news, houses in de selby rent for 1200 a month and i cant see saggart or the other areas being any cheaper so i hope your going in with someone.
    your probably talking about 100 a week or 400 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Citywest is served by the 201, 202, 50, 65B, and the 77X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

So what would be the best papers to look for accommodation?

And what would be an acceptable deposit to pay for a room?

And where is Eden Quay? I see that the 65B bus route starts in Eden Quay and finishes at Citywest. If I was to get the bus at Eden Quay, How long would it take to get to Citywest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭StJimmy

nollaig wrote:
    And where is Eden Quay? I see that the 65B bus route starts in Eden Quay and finishes at Citywest. If I was to get the bus at Eden Quay, How long would it take to get to Citywest?

It's at the bottom of O'Connell Street, you'll see it here:
    http://www.softguides.com/dublin/maps/p46s48.html

The 65B takes approx 70 mins to complete its journey from Eden Quay to Citywest (though I think it could be quicker).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

actually man just remembered, they're just after finishing building a lot of apartments out in citywest itself. it might be worth checking out if any of em are going for rent (im sure i read somewhere a good few of em are) so that could cut out the bus fare and journey altogether:D

you should definetly be able to rent a two bedroom one with someone else

check out http://www.let.ie at the very least you'll get an idea about the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

A few estates beside Citywest -
    Carraigmore, Verschoyle, Corbally, The Belfry - probably the best places & the closest places to Citywest, but prices might reflect this!
    Ardmore (not too sure about this estate, wouldn't live there myself, but a girl I know lives there & has never had trouble),
    Sundale (I live there - haven't had trouble so far, but we're trying to get out of there at the mo, cos every second house is rented, so the values will start going down)
    Russell Square (don't know much about this estate, seems quiet enough - there are always signs up saying property to let in here)
    Deselby - seems like a nice place to live, the Blessington Road side anyway
    Newhall Court - nice, small estate, again seems nice, but I don't know anyone that lives there!

As someone previously said, there are apartments that seem almost complete on the Fortunestown Lane, but I'm not sure what they're called, or when they'll be available to rent!

Is Rathcoole near Citywest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

nollaig wrote:
    Is Rathcoole near Citywest?
    Its about about 2 miles West. Easily bikeable.

• Advertisement

Uuuh Patsy wrote:
    Its about about 2 miles West. Easily bikeable.

Definitely bikeable, but if you have a car, apparently its becoming a nightmare to get out of in the mornings.
    Someone was telling me that the traffics backed up all along the Kilteel Road. Would love to move back there, but its really lost its small town appeal now with all the apartments everywhere!

The Belfry - probably the best places & the closest places to Citywest, but prices might reflect this!

Ok, Last question, I promise. How long would it take to walk from The Belfry to citywest?

The Belfry is in Citywest, but it really depends on where in Citywest you work - to walk from one end to the other could take you 20mins (I'm guessing - could be more/less)! Its one of the closest places to it though, so you won't get much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

nollaig wrote:
    Im about to start working in citywest so I want to live somehwere near there(seeing as i dont own a car).

Where would be a good place to look for a a room to rent and what would it cost approximately?

I work in citywest and I haven't a car too but I live in city centre. There are 2private buses from O'connel street (with many stops along the road) in the mornig and 2 in the afternoon, it is about 50 mins but it is worth, becasue the 65B or 50 take 1 and half hours :(
    I don't suggest to live in citywest or places like Lucan, you will spend a lot of money in taxi if you want to go to city centre for a night out.

Advertisement