Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: Locke & Sawyer connection? **possible Season 2 Spoilers**

• 07-03-2006 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

This has probably been posted before, but has anyone else made the connection between Sawyer and Locke?

Locke's father (who conned Locke out of a kidney), is in fact the REAL Sawyer. The one that our Sawyer is sworn to kill. He made his riches as a confidence man in his younger years, including Locke's mother.

This is why John seemingly knows a lot about Sawyer. Rewatch the episode from the first season where Sawyer is hunting the boar that is attacking him. And remember that Locke knows Sawyer by his first name. He claimed it was on the manifest I believe, but Sawyers reaction was pretty shocked. The writers wouldn't include the scene if it didn't mean something later on.

Or what if Locke IS Sawyer?!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is that speculation about Locke's father being the real Sawyer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Or what if Locke IS Sawyer?!

I really dont think so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

locke isnt sawyer, lockes father is sawyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

locke isnt sawyer, lockes father is sawyer
    There you have it folks....proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

*head explodes*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

From another forum
    In todays Ask Ausiello column, Ausiello says that Locke's flashback ep is suppose to air in March or April, a surprising connection to Sawyer will be revealed. This probably means that Locke's ep is 2.17 which is Lockdown.

More on the same theory
    The thing that makes me think that the real Sawyer is Locke's dad was their conversation they had while trying to find Michael.

(after Sawyer calling Locke Mr. Clean)

Locke: Why did you pick that name?
    Saywer: Aint it obvious, all you need is an earring and a mop.
    Locke: No, your name. Why did you pick Sawyer?
    Sawyer: What do you mean pick?
    Locke: After the census, Hurly gave me the flight manifest your name was James. James Ford
    Sawyer: Whats it to you?
    Locke: Just an interesting name to choose, thats all. Where did you get it from.
    Sawyer: Who says I got it from anybody?

Then we hear gunshots and the conversation stops.

It seems obvious to me that Locke does know the name Sawyer from somewhere. Combining his knowing the name from somewhere, and his dad being a conman makes for a rather large possibility of his dad being the real Sawyer.

The private investigator that found out all the information on Lockes parents could have also listed Anthony Cooper's aliases. It could also be his middle name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

........ so when hurley was doing the census did sawyer give him his real name? (I forget these things)

Given last nights RTE episode I thought Id give this a bump and ask for a merge with the other new thread on this topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

More on the same theory

The thing that makes me think that the real Sawyer is Locke's dad was their conversation they had while trying to find Michael.

(after Sawyer calling Locke Mr. Clean)

Locke: Why did you pick that name?
    Saywer: Aint it obvious, all you need is an earring and a mop.
    Locke: No, your name. Why did you pick Sawyer?
    Sawyer: What do you mean pick?
    Locke: After the census, Hurly gave me the flight manifest your name was James. James Ford
    Sawyer: Whats it to you?
    Locke: Just an interesting name to choose, thats all. Where did you get it from.
    Sawyer: Who says I got it from anybody?

Then we hear gunshots and the conversation stops.

It seems obvious to me that Locke does know the name Sawyer from somewhere. Combining his knowing the name from somewhere, and his dad being a conman makes for a rather large possibility of his dad being the real Sawyer.

The private investigator that found out all the information on Lockes parents could have also listed Anthony Cooper's aliases. It could also be his middle name.

And again at the end of the episode he calls him James. Although in later episodes Locke always calls him Sawyer

sorry pullmyfinger never read your spoiler!

• Advertisement
Advertisement