Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 24 Day 5, Hour 11+Hour12 (5pm-7pm) [Spoilers]

• 07-03-2006 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Double entendre last night folks.

Let me hear opinions.

Day5, Hour11+Hour12. 30 votes

Excellent
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    90% 27 votes
    Meh
    6% 2 votes
    Below Average
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hour 11.

Best episode thus far! No if's but or whatever.

First lady is a whore :v:
    Lynn's keycard back in play big time.
    Tony awake and knows Michelle is dead :(
    Curtis saving the hospital from the nerve gas.

****ing excellent episode.

roll on hour12 in a few..

Hour 12 first 5 mins...
    Kim's back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Just finished hour 12. That's got to be one of the most memorable episodes of the entire 5 seasons. Fantastic stuff.

Hour12, best thus far tbh.

Hour11 sets you up, and 12 just blows you away.

Completely unseen ending [in the bigger scale of things]

Really fantastic double episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

just watched Hour 11. lol when Jack shoots yer mans wife in the leg

Hour 12 should be delivered some time soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Just seen em both :eek: The Big man bought it :eek: Think remember someone mentionin in a previous thread they didnt want him no more here :(
    Happy :confused::mad: Nice to see Kim back :D Thought Jack was gonna make the BF not be able to have kids way they he was tryin to stand up in the arguement for her. Woulda liked to seen more of that techie that went & found the bomb & got stabbed in back though :rolleyes:

Roll on next week :cool:

NO MORE EDGAR, HURRAH!!!!
    although to be fair it was a ****ty way to go

next weeks should be most intriguing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

guys whats with the spoilers, its in the thread title, no need for tags :D

in other news, Kim ....mmmmmmmmmm

I put the Kim spoiler in just for the guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That was a damn fine double episode. The first one was great, setting it up nicely for the second.

Where's Lynn though? Hopefully still in an unsealed holding cell all foaming at the mouth. I wonder what Tony will do to Henderson in the medical lab. Maybe Tony will be able to beat the info out of him. Or perhaps he'll just tell them now that his life was nearly ended by the terrorists and the gas?

I thought Mike looked very cagey about the vice prez turning up. Seemed like he really didn't want him there, and not in a caring about the public kind of way either. I still reckon Mike is up to something bad this year. Maybe he's in cahoots with Henderson. It's obvious that Henderson is working with someone fairly high up the ladder, whether it's the government or something else, so maybe it's Mike.

Also, have they no gas masks in CTU at all then? You'd think on a day like this, given the number of times the place has been compromised and attacked, that they'd break out a few.

Notice the lack of ticking sound on the clock at the end. A mark of respect for Edgar perhaps?

• Advertisement

yeah i actually think that the lack of a ticking is good, like any series of a programme it seems more shocking in a way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was holding my breath for the last 20 seconds.... the ending was fantastic TV.

Bravo!

so the majority have voted that the shows were excellent.

Is it too early to ask if day 5 is now the new best?

Dunno Sparky, I only really got into 24 last season but **** me is Day5 exellent.

btw, is it ok to post up about Hour13?
    Herself saw the preview after the episodes last night.

imo it would be ok but in spoiler form
    looks like it will be an episode dedicated to the escape from CTU where someone will have to make the ultimate sacrifice, hopefully Kim's pain in the arse boyfriend, and Lynn is still alive

yeah you can post up, but if you feel a part is too much of a spoiler use the tags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Brilliant stuff alright, I was thinking that season 5 was the best so far even before these 2 episodes. I was sad to see Edgar go to be honest, nice to see Kim back but she is not as hot looking as she used to be, her running around in that white vest top in season 2 was her at her best!!

pretty much what Mossy said
    Gas begins eating thru the seals of the rooms. It could be Bill that takes the hit for the team which would explain why Lynn is still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

fantastic episodes. great tv.
    always wondered why lynn woundn't just tell someone that his keycard had been stolen.. dunno why he was afraid of that.. as ctu could just have disabled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

coward wrote:
    fantastic episodes. great tv.
    always wondered why lynn woundn't just tell someone that his keycard had been stolen.. dunno why he was afraid of that.. as ctu could just have disabled it.
    He was embarrassed to tell them that his sister was a junkie and she got the jump on him. He never suspected that this would happen and just thought he'd get the key card back later in the day.

It was a bit silly for the terrorists to bank everything on the keycard though when it could easily have been disabled by the time he got to CTU. They wouldn't have known about Lynn's pride keeping it from being reported.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I gave it a good...not really sure why but just felt it wasn't as excellent as last weeks. I know he was a bit of an annoying character but its a pity to see edgar go. did anybody find his death a little hilarious? him waddling along with such concentration...then the long pause one the space where he was standing... I half expected him to jump and shout gotcha! ahem
    oh and kim's acting = teh poo.
    I absolutely loved it when jack shot chris's wife in the knee. oh that was classic!
    and curtis doing the football run with the nerve gas was pretty cool.
    so yeah i think they were great episodes, but not fantastic, mainly cause of edgars death and kim not being able to act.

i only copped it now but Jack bauer met robocop :D

now come on Kim wasnt the worst, dont forget she is in shock, and now she feels like an idiot because she has found out that the "protect you" excuse was real.

Im glad kim is in it now, more eye candy, and a better hair style than season 3 anyway.
    Well we know chase is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

:(

Am I the only person that liked and will miss Edgar?

Her and Chloe's little tearful goodbye nearly made even me cry... very Spock and Kirk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I liked Edgar too. When they all made it to the room I was there doing a headcount and trying to see if any main characters didn't make it, then the realisation hit me! It was a horrible way to go too, and with Chloe just watching through the glass really memorable stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Great episodes and ill deffo miss edgar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

very good episode overall but still have some reservations about how easy and prepared they were for getting into CTU. Originally, we were told the gas was being brought out of the country to Russia, and they said they only decided to use it on US soil after being deceived. So if this was the case, how come they were so preprared and organised in getting hold of a CTU pass? I mean they'd have to know that lynn was going to be there that day, that he could be tempted out of CTU by his sister etc..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Absolutly loved these 2 episodes. 2 of the best of all 5 days. I have to say I was pretty sad seeing Edgar go that way. He was a big fool but for some reason I liked him anyway. Pity this series isn't called 48 'cause I there's just never enough of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

yeah, fantastic double bill.
    Great ending... and at least we know Kim won't be kidnapped in the next episode. :-)
    I liked Edgar too, I'll have a double Big King with Bacon in his memory.

now i have to admit, the ending was great, in a sence that the whole sittingroom was quiet, i nearly did shed a tear as you only get to see how attached edgar was to chloe.
    At least it wasnt too dramatic, i was nearly thinking edgar was going to run to the door and plead to be let in, only for us to see him die more closely.

I must say Fox have done their homework well on this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Sparky-s wrote:
    At least it wasnt too dramatic, i was nearly thinking edgar was going to run to the door and plead to be let in, only for us to see him die more closely.

In fairness, he is a big guy could just be holding his breath until they vent the gas somewhere else.

And why the hell does lynn's keycard open up the enviromental room, sure he's a director (or was) but I would of thought there would be no reason for him to be in there.

"Oh **** you guys, I'm turning down the heat in here!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

He just used Lynn's card to get in to CTU with the nerve gas. It looked like most people had access to the enviromental room. ie Edgar, female redshirt

And the nerve gas kills in seconds. Just because Edgar is a fatty doesnt mean he can survive by holding his breath for a while. It might have taken a few seconds longer, that's it. He's dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Great 2 episodes,edge of you seat stuff. From the way Henderson is acting,there must be something big going on. He said it was for the good of the country that he couldn't tell Jack,so I reckon it might be a hugh conspiracy within the government,against the president perhaps? Or maybe just using the president as a pawn. This might be why the vice-president seems to have an agenda,or is it Mike with the agenda? All interesting stuff.

Poor Edgar :( Yes he was annoying to begin with,but he kind of grew on ye,well it was more his interaction with Chloe that grew on ye. It was actually kind of sad,that final exchange where Chloe was crying. Also an interesting situation with Tony locked up with Henderson...at least its a better way to get Tony involved without having his usual superhuman healing powers (remember he got shot in the neck and was back up and about a few hours later :p) Also spare a thought for poor Kerry :D lol It was so obvious she was a goner,those situations are like the red shirted guys in Star Trek.

As with regards to next week
    killing of Edgar was enough,I actually like Bill as head of CTU,they better not kill him off

They should have 2 episodes every week! :D

Roll on episode 13!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Fantastic episodes, thought the final scenes between edgar and chloe with the silent clock at the end was just brilliant stuff. 24 back to its best for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Entertaining stuff! As was already said, 24 back to it's best and the silent clock was a good effect.

Also already said: the only thing was how quickly the terrorists got a hold of the key card. We're not given any clues as to how that happened and they may brush that under Edgar's corpse. But you can allow script-writer's license when they come up with something like that.

I'm loving the way 24 uses double bills to keep us entertained rather than taking mid-season breaks to try and build anticipation like other U.S. shows. However, it does mean the impending time of no more 24 is closing more quickly - but when you have 24 episodes to kill I suppose you're allowed to play around a bit.

My former 24-loving friends (who have gone off it) will have me on their backs about this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

CODE 6 PEOPLE ARRGHH
    Hahahah Edgar died finally. Oh how I happy I am. It was sh*t cool when Curtis was legging it out of the hospital with the canister as well

• Advertisement

code 6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Thats what Beucannon (however its spelt) says when
    CTU is being evacuated

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Pretty good and, so far, a hella lot better than the weak S4 and first half of S3. Admittedly CTU should be used to being compromised and have better security but if we pointed out the reality holes in '24' we'd be here all night..

Gotta say I'll miss Edgar. I accidentally saw people say it was a good ending but I didn't realize what would happen until he ran around the corner. Poor fella. Most affecting '24' death for me in a looooong while.

Kim's back - let the whining commence!

I hope nobody needs to use the bathroom in the next hour...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Poor Edgar. I knew he was in for some bad karma when he was sharp with the tech. :(

I'll miss the poor fellah, won't miss his attitude though. Work is hard enough without being a cranky pants. :)

Advertisement