Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unscheduled Outage on IBB (Ballymun)?

• 07-03-2006 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else experience an uncheduled outage of about 6 hours last night on IBB (Ballymun Breeze mast)?

Ping stats: http://vertigo.sleepygeek.org/smokeping/index.cgi?target=IBB

Lovely packet loss there, 100% :P

This hasnt happened in a while, does anyone know why this was? I'm hoping it was an upgrade of some sort so my internet connection stops sucking, but I doubt it :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Well is your internet being "Sucky" now???!!! lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I KNEW IT!!!
    All of a sudden I got booted from a game last night due to a lost connection and had to force a reboot since you can't completely shut down the game without an active connection. After this no matter what I just couldn't connect to the internet or anything, tried system restores, double checking all physical and software aspects of the connections, and running a virus-scan. Gar!
    First thing I did when I got into work this morning was check here to see ih IBB were the source of the issue and guess I was right!
    As long as it's working when I get home I won't be too peeved as at least this is the first such instance of this for me (still irritating though, they'd best not make too much of a habit of it!).

And dear god, matching avatars, this will not do, I'll have to go off and change mine now!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Well is your internet being "Sucky" now???!!! lol :)
    actually i managed to get a speed of up to 100K last night, for the first time since October or so. but, eh, today its back to 20-40K.
    :/

at least the packet loss seems low enough...
    *touch wood*

Advertisement