Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom vs Esat BT

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

viking wrote:
    Seems to be pretty obvious as to whats the better value. BT must be selling BB at cost or at a loss.
    I doubt it very much, things are cheaper when you rent in bulk...
    so therefore they must be getting it at a reasonably cheap price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

god's toy wrote:
    I suggest you read up on that... you are wrong.
    Blank statements like that aren't much help to the discussion. Please elaborate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭federerfan

Eircom:
    Pseudo state organization. Actually private company used to rip off the Irish public several times. Staffed by middle aged women.

Esat:
    Pseudo sleek and cool organization. Actually completely overwhelmed by demand. Unable to cope. Staffed by incompetents.

All of above learned by personal experience..

YOU CHOOSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,200 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im with BtIreland (esat/bt) and find the prices great but as everyone else has said the billing and customer care is nothing short of criminal. The lions share of the problems all seem to be with new customers so if you are prepared to ride the storm then go for it.

I had several problems with them in the past and had to go to Comreg on one occasion and it was resolved almost instantly. On another occasion when I contacted them about a particular bill I got this guy who told me that he could not answer my query as he did not have permission to access my account. Unbelievable!!! After a bit of sweet talking he eventually confirmed that he was student doing part time work. This is the type of people who are supposed to help you in the evenings and at weekends.

The only thing I can say in their defence is that they have given me quite a lot of hours free on the old BB. I think I have received about 3 or 4 different 2 monthly periods of free broadband as "a gesture of good will"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I haven't had a problem with BT at all. Billing is spot on, connection solid and CS helpful and pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

kaizersoze wrote:
    I haven't had a problem with BT at all. Billing is spot on, connection solid and CS helpful and pleasant.
    likewise but maybe that was because i subscribed in summer 2003 nearly at the start of the broadband rollout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

god's toy wrote:
    I suggest you read up on that... you are wrong.
    Excellent, a helpful and informative post.
    Thank you for taking the time to correct my misconceptions and misreading of Esat's website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

I'm another one of those customers who has never had a billing issue, I hope you're lucky enough to be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

mayotom wrote:
    It appears to be down at the moment.,
    I have a pdf file of all the details if anybody wants me to mail it to them

www.cinergi.ie/

Not really the best sign, is it?

Advertisement