Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hear of Carrera bikes?

Options
  • 07-03-2006 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

From another recent thread:
    rob1891 wrote:
    Carrera Racing Bike. Leinster Laois €450.00
    1yr old, ex cond, small/medium frame, b&w, 18 spd gears, with 105 rear mech & gear & brake levers, €450.

I was thinking of investing in a training bike, and rob1891 mentioned the above in another thread. Everything seems good, only I have never heard of carrera as a brand name - has anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

Yes, I used to have one. Never had any probs for 5 years

Carrera Podium as they are now known, have been around for a long time. Some of you may remember Stephen Roche, Claudio Chiappucci , Marco Pantani etc. riding them.

Like all manufacturers, they make bikes for all types, starting from the entry level bike all the way to carbon fibre models.

Nice bikes.

Check out the site http://www.carrera-podium.it/eng/home.html and find some distributors where you can compare pricing for whatever model is being sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Genghis wrote:
    Everything seems good, only I have never heard of carrera as a brand name - has anyone else?
    I saw Carrera road bikes in Halfords. Same thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

Genghis wrote:
    From another recent thread:

I was thinking of investing in a training bike, and rob1891 mentioned the above in another thread. Everything seems good, only I have never heard of carrera as a brand name - has anyone else?

ye they are exclusive to halfords, from what i have heard and seen they are very solid bikes with good parts e450 with shimano105s is a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Genghis

Thanks for the feedback lads. The Halfords connection is true - that sent a couple of worry signals out for me - but it seems that they are after all a good bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

Just make sure you compare similar brands. 450 sounds pretty cheap for a 105 bike so maybe the frame isn't as good as you could get for a little more.

Carrera like other, makes a variety of bikes so I can only assume from the price that this frame is from the lower end spec.

• Advertisement
Advertisement