Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

apope8 wrote: »
    Did you say you woke up during the op?

Oops no meant in the recovery room but I can definitely see how it looked that way. Honestly the anaesthetic yesterday was probably the most powerful I've had. I was out almost instantly and came to about an hour later and apparently 40 or so minutes after the operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Nip The Tip

It's starting to get a little sore now and looks absolutely atrocious but this thread has led me to believe it's normal. Am pissing normally again and feeling pretty decent about the whole thing.

Wearing loose boxers but rubbing hasn't been a huge issue. Terrified of going to sleep in case I get a rager but I guess I'll have to just risk it at some point. If anything I described here sounds fishy to any of the veterans please tell me.

Really, don't worry about how it looks at all at all right now. Not for a week or so. It always looked like a dog chewed it for a several days. The other lads will agree I'm sure.
    How did the 1st night go? If you try to sleep in the foetal position or at least kind of curled up it will really help minimise midnight damage from involuntary rodding.

It was grand actually. I drank a lot of water so was up and down to the bathroom all night and actually noticed it looking better than the first time I saw it.

Am a bit worried about this business of the bandage having fallen off last night and the fact I wasn't prescribed antibiotics. I don't think I should be going near the salty bath since if it was for removing the bandage and that's already gone I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

That said no pain just a pit of discomfort with it rubbing about. Am back in work on Thursday morning so I hope to give wearing jeans a go tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Nip - Don't worry about the size dude! You need to wait until you're healed up properly I'd imagine for it to function 100%!

Here's a case study that you might want to read about people post-circumcision: http://www.cirp.org/library/sex_function/fink1/

Am a bit worried about this business of the bandage having fallen off last night and the fact I wasn't prescribed antibiotics.

That said no pain just a pit of discomfort with it rubbing about. Am back in work on Thursday morning so I hope to give wearing jeans a go tomorrow.

Hmmm I'd say ask your doctor about the antibiotics asap. I'd say if I didn't ask for mine, they wouldn't have bothered prescribing them.

As for going back to work on Thurs after an op on Mon, you're brave. Was it a full circ? I'd recommend tight jocks and a vazeline'd gauze around it going to work.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'll definitely be asking the gp about antibiotics tomorrow. Seems a bit weird to me they weren't prescribed. As for work it's only four hours on Thursday and Friday so it should be grand.

Yeah I'll definitely be asking the gp about antibiotics tomorrow. Seems a bit weird to me they weren't prescribed. As for work it's only four hours on Thursday and Friday so it should be grand.

What kind of work? Better not be selling yourself :pac:

Ha it's mainly sitting so I'll be grand. Tried on the jeans with tighter underwear and had an amble about was grand until I walked in on my girlfriend getting changed to tell her how good it felt and that I'd be fine. I wasn't so fine in the immediate aftermath of that incident but it's grand. Scary as **** though the first time that happens!

...had an amble about was grand until I walked in on my girlfriend getting changed...

Pics? :D

If I did I'd be avoiding looking at them with the effect they'd have! Work was fine since the tighter underwear and jeans kept everything solidly in place but I wouldn't exactly be signing up for overtime.

Swelling and bruising seem to be chilling out a bit so it would seem I'm pretty much on the same path I've seen people describing in this thread. I would say that this is more of a minor frustration day to day than anything painful. Anyone who's in doubt don't be scared noone ever batted an eyelid and it doesn't hurt at all once you're careful.

• Advertisement

Day 28 - 1 month since op

Well I got back to very gentle sex last Friday and then got a bleeder on Sunday so had to quarantine the little dude for the week.
    Was planning on leaving it 2 weeks before attempting again but the missus got a bit randy last night and coerced me into it.

Had to stop a few times to make sure it was ok, managed to blow a massive one (2nd one in a month) and she had hers too :) with no damage. We did use loads of lube but no condom this time.
    However the little bit of remaining inner skin did go all white and puffy for an hour or 2 after, suppose it's still very sensitive and not used to the abuse.

My dinkle is sore now, so I'll be leaving it a few days before going again I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi lads,
    I tore my banjo string 3days ago while having sex, went to the doc just to double check, got antibiotics incase of infection.
    Just wondering how long it will until I can have sex again?

It's completely torn, doc recommended getting a circ as it will have a chance of tearing again? I do not understand how it can tear again if it's already snapped? Can someone plz shed some light on this?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Banjo12345 wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    I tore my banjo string 3days ago while having sex, went to the doc just to double check, got antibiotics incase of infection.
    Just wondering how long it will until I can have sex again?

hey fella -
    I've approved your post so you know we saw it, but seriously, I wouldn't advise trusting the wellbeing of your lad to some randomers on the internet. Everyone's different, you know? I'd strongly suggest that you contact your doc again with the questions I snipped out, and just so as you know - the standard advise after a circ is to leave it six weeks before sex.
    It's completely torn, doc recommended getting a circ as it will have a chance of tearing again? I do not understand how it can tear again if it's already snapped? Can someone plz shed some light on this?!
    I'd imagine it'd heal, but not as strong as before (which obviously wasn't strong enough anyway).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Banjo12345 wrote: »
    If its the banjo string why did they recommend a circ? Seems a tad extreme. They can fix the banjo without removing the lot.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

tbh wrote: »
    hey fella -
    leave it six weeks before sex.

Christ, my surgeon told me three but he seems to have been dispensing some absolute howlers advice wise according to my GP.

tbh wrote: »
    ..and just so as you know - the standard advise after a circ is to leave it six weeks before sex..

I found out the hard way not to do it at 3 weeks :rolleyes:

So it's day 13 and practically two weeks since the op. To anyone who's at days 1-4 don't worry it gets better so quickly after that point. Swelling is going down quickly and the stitches are on their last legs, looks like I kept my eh... banjo string. Very pleased with how everything is going and am glad I'm finally sorted.

This thread is probably the best thing online as a resource for this. You can read all the doctor articles you want but nothing helps more than hearing about peoples experience so thanks to TBH, Nipthetip et al for all of the information. I'd say without this thread I probably wouldn't have had it done but if I had I would have been hanging out of my doctors ear 24/7 with questions!

Im 38 and have had phimosis for as long as i can remember.

Have never been able to retract my foreskin either flacid or errect.
    The hole at the top of my foreskin is very small.

And i've never had a problem with it ,actually like it, no infections ever and sex is good not painful. no problems , except with condom use i feel little sensation unless its rough sex, but can still manage to orgasm.

Just wondering if im missing something after reading through this great thread.

Seems many have had full circumcision and dorsal slits but what about this procedure
    Preputioplasty, anyone have this done?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preputioplasty

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

I had the the operation Yesterday. Nothing major to report on the first day except that i fainted in the hospital due to my own stupidity and trying to do too much too soon. Peeing straight is nigh on impossible. Seriously reminds me of Me, Myself and Irene as NTT said. Couldn't stop laughing. Difene wore off during the night and had several morning glories. Other than that i 've had no real problems. Bandage is going to come off later so i'll let you know in the morning. Re NTT great little blog and helped me enormously cope with the anxiety

Im 38 and have had phimosis for as long as i can remember.

Have never been able to retract my foreskin either flacid or errect.
    The hole at the top of my foreskin is very small.

And i've never had a problem with it ,actually like it, no infections ever and sex is good not painful. no problems , except with condom use i feel little sensation unless its rough sex, but can still manage to orgasm.

Just wondering if im missing something after reading through this great thread.

Seems many have had full circumcision and dorsal slits but what about this procedure
    Preputioplasty, anyone have this done?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preputioplasty

Hey - I suppose any answer to this should be prefaced by saying that this is no substitute for medical advice and you should speak to your GP asap and get a referral to a urologist who can advise on your specific circumstances. I asked my urologist about the preputioplasty and other 'semi'-circ procedures. His advice was as follows:

- In some cases, only a full circumcision is advised. Mine is such a case as it involves a skin condition called BXo.
    - In other cases a less invasive approach may be warranted. The problem with these approaches is that they sometimes result in a full circ having to be done at a later date anyway.

Your consultant will be the best person to advise the options that apply to you. As you can see from the thread this is a very common issue and doctors/urologists deal with it every week. This is not something you should avoid so the sooner you decide to contact your GP the better.

Hope this helps..

p.s. My full circ is scheduled for next week. Will post updates as soon as I am able :)

• Advertisement

Did quite a bit of digging around on the net and found the following thread on another forum.
    Hope im allowed to post here.

The person started with pinhole phimosis and by using silicone flesh rings (you know how some young people use in their ears to stretch them) he completely cured his condition.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/244184/thread/1210087455/circumcision+at+26+to+correct+phimosis-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Iceman aka Bobby Drake

Hey lads quick question.. i have started reading this thread as i have the same problem! gonna call the GP this week for an appointment. Just curious though as how much would i be spending on all of this.. GP Fee's? Urologist Fee's? and how much would the operation set you back! any help would be major

:D

well took the bandages off yesterday and had a 5 min bath. Have to say taking the bandages off was very nervous. Small bit of bleeding. Still can't pee straight but it's getting better. Girlfriend said the knob is starting to look better (described it as Frankensteins knob yesterday lol). Had a couple of semis last night which were more than alittle worrying and yes it is sensitive but i expected that. Overall i'm quite happy so far and no bruising yet although it's still a bit swollen. From what i've read here it'll probably be Friday before i see any more changes

Just curious though as how much would i be spending on all of this.. GP Fee's? Urologist Fee's? and how much would the operation set you back! any help would be major

For me;

Doc €45
    Consultant surgeon €120 (initial consultation only)
    Op - (nothing yet, apparently VHI are taking care of it...)
    Meds €20 (didn't need painkillers after though)
    Consultant surgeon €80 (2-week follow up check)

saffron22 wrote: »
    Girlfriend said the knob is starting to look better (described it as Frankensteins knob yesterday lol)

Mind that young wan now, resist the urge to partake in intimacy etc as you could well end up with blue balls :pac: and from my experience I'd say wait 5 weeks for sex (I tried at 3 and bled..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Iceman aka Bobby Drake

For me;

Doc €45
    Consultant surgeon €120 (initial consultation only)
    Op - (nothing yet, apparently VHI are taking care of it...)
    Meds €20 (didn't need painkillers after though)
    Consultant surgeon €80 (2-week follow up check)

Thanks Nip The Tip.

Now another question... about insurance! im 20 now! would i still b on my family insurance with VHI or would i have to get my own insurance??

Thanks Nip The Tip.

Now another question... about insurance! im 20 now! would i still b on my family insurance with VHI or would i have to get my own insurance??

Well I'm plenty older than that and apparently I'm still covered by the family one. I think something changes though when you hit 21, not sure.
    Best to call them & ask!

Right had a good few hardons and woke up with the old morning glory this morning. Nothing too bad to be honest. Kinda used to it now and know what to expect. Nip The Tip just wondering when you started taking showers again. To be honest i think i've been lucky in that i've had no bruising so far. Still a bit bloody (black dried stuff around the banjo area as i decided not to bathe yesterday and just give it one chance to properly heal) However i want to get rid of that today. How much salt were you putting in water?. Otherwise i have to say i'm pretty pleased with how it's coming together and can't wait for a months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Well Lads, after a 2 year wait tomorrow is the big day for me! I'm strangely looking forward to getting it out of the way but nervous all the same! Any recommendations for the day before? (except the obvious spend the night in front of the laptop of course! :rolleyes: ) I'll join in the fun and post my experience of the operation and the recovery aswell.

Wish me luck!!! :D

I'd just recommend giving your bedroom etc a good clean tonight and you bath too. Also a dressing gown is the shot. I've spent most of the last 3 days in it and chosen to let it dangle free and easy. I was prescribed difene which is quite hard on the stomach so i'd get some yogurts to take with it etc. Where you getting it done. I had mine done in Clane and have had no complaints. I'm toying with the idea of going to see Therapy tomorrow night but maybe i'm getting a bit ahead of myself. Best of luck man and try not to worry about it my biggest problem is that due to how severe my phismosis had gotten i've a a bit of permanent scarring on the bell end but sure at least it shouldn't get any worse and maybe even better over time. This scarring was there before the op though. Still a bit swollen but not painful at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

saffron22 wrote: »
    I'd just recommend giving your bedroom etc a good clean tonight and you bath too. Also a dressing gown is the shot. I've spent most of the last 3 days in it and chosen to let it dangle free and easy. I was prescribed difene which is quite hard on the stomach so i'd get some yogurts to take with it etc. Where you getting it done. I had mine done in Clane and have had no complaints. I'm toying with the idea of going to see Therapy tomorrow night but maybe i'm getting a bit ahead of myself. Best of luck man and try not to worry about it my biggest problem is that due to how severe my phismosis had gotten i've a a bit of permanent scarring on the bell end but sure at least it shouldn't get any worse and maybe even better over time. This scarring was there before the op though. Still a bit swollen but not painful at all

Thanks for the reply saffron, I just got a call from the hospital saying they have to cancel the surgery until a later date! Fecking public service, go private if you can lads!
    Hopefully it wont take too long, disappointed now was all geared up to get it over with!

Advertisement