Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Why not consider getting the full job done ?

I've read scary stories about shortened erections and soreness and tightness when erect....so loose sounds better ;)

Trying to get appointment with urologist...hoping for quick appointment ......

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Nip The Tip

2 months since op

Actually it's been 8 weeks and 2 days, but who's counting!

Yeah so I'm having regular intercourse with Mrs. Nip :) but the sensitivity of the cut and the remaining inner skin is a bit annoying sometimes. It's getting better gradually though.

Have to say I'm glad I got it done and have no regrets.

Think the rod length is just about back to normal :)

2 months since op

Actually it's been 8 weeks and 2 days, but who's counting!

Yeah so I'm having regular intercourse with Mrs. Nip :) but the sensitivity of the cut and the remaining inner skin is a bit annoying sometimes. It's getting better gradually though.

Have to say I'm glad I got it done and have no regrets.

Think the rod length is just about back to normal :)

Does it feel 'tighter' when erect that it did before?

Also has there been loss of sensation? especially around the frenula area?

Finally, you obviously got the 'loose' cut..what prompted that?

Sorry for all the questions....

Zip

Zipppy wrote: »
    Does it feel 'tighter' when erect that it did before?

Also has there been loss of sensation? especially around the frenula area?

Finally, you obviously got the 'loose' cut..what prompted that?

Sorry for all the questions....

Zip

Howdy Zip

I don't "feel" any tighter now than before, all I feel when I'm on a rod is that I want to stick it into something :pac:
    But the skin along the shaft is a lot tighter than before, but not stretched. It's right on perfect.

Technically yes there is a loss of sensitivity, but you still feel everything, just in a different way - if you know what I mean.
    I liken it to... if you have a plaster on your arm let's say, for a few days. When you take it off, the skin underneath is hypersensitive, but that goes away and it returns to "normal" where you can still feel everything. Ya know?
    My frenulobanjolum was removed so yes there is a loss of sensation in that particular place for me, but what I feel more now (that I didn't feel before) is around the coronal ridge thingymajig...

As for "loose" cut, I'm not sure where you got that idea but it's not loose.. I asked for a low (close to the head) and tight job, which I got.

Don't worry about questions, that's what I'm here for! Just trying to give something back :)

Howdy Zip

I don't "feel" any tighter now than before, all I feel when I'm on a rod is that I want to stick it into something :pac:
    But the skin along the shaft is a lot tighter than before, but not stretched. It's right on perfect.

Technically yes there is a loss of sensitivity, but you still feel everything, just in a different way - if you know what I mean.
    I liken it to... if you have a plaster on your arm let's say, for a few days. When you take it off, the skin underneath is hypersensitive, but that goes away and it returns to "normal" where you can still feel everything. Ya know?
    My frenulobanjolum was removed so yes there is a loss of sensation in that particular place for me, but what I feel more now (that I didn't feel before) is around the coronal ridge thingymajig...

As for "loose" cut, I'm not sure where you got that idea but it's not loose.. I asked for a low (close to the head) and tight job, which I got.

Don't worry about questions, that's what I'm here for! Just trying to give something back :)

Thanks for that Nip...

Have appointment with urologist on 22 Dec and, if needed, there are surgery slots early january......

Wish me luck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Worth the wait, all I'm saying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭westskipper

DAY 10

Progress update for anybody who is interested:

Today is day 10 and recovery has been good, after a long hot bath tonight i decided the stitches should come out, as they appeared on close scrutiny to be of the non dissolving type (blue colour) so the longer left the more they would possible leave marks and skin tunnels. this was very easy and not painful or anything - no blood, they all slipped out very easily, the skin has knitted together well, and as i suspected, the ring of stitches was causing much of the problem. one they were out i could retract the foreskin easily over the rim.

I think possibly the surgeon may have left it a little loose, but its probably way to early to say yet, i wouldnt declare a loose cut until a month at least has passed, as it looks like will take another while to settle down fully, the old shaft skin is still quite 'puffy', i presume this will go down in time and tighten back a bit. the surgeon did say that it was better to take to little off than too much, as it could always be tightened more if desired but not the other way around!

still, its great to say that after day 10 all stitches are out and everything looks OK.

Next 'signpost' date is day 14 i suppose - lets see how it is looking then cool.gif

Ah yes the old puffy shaft skin, that will go down gradually but everyday should be a visual difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Well lads after two years waiting in the public sector I finally had my circ yesterday! :D

So taught I'd post my experience for any one interested.

So fought through the snow and arrived at the hospital at about 7:15 yesterday morning. Had a few jitters the night before but slept soundly enough. So first thing I had to do was go to the day ward reception, was waiting there for awhile and was brought to my bed at around 8. I was asked to change into the gown they give you and the "Special underwear" which basically look like that surgical hat with two holes for your legs! :rolleyes:

Doctor came in about 9 and explained the procedure to me. She was lovely and really informative, really cured some of the jitters. One thing I will say about the public sector is that I was waiting for ages before going to the theater. It was around 12:45 when I was walked down. But the nurses were lovely and kept me company. Between seeing the doctor and going down to surgery I was asked to take a painkiller Difene, which is a suppository and a completly new experience for me!:confused:
    Needless to say it was very weird and uncomfortable at first but it subsides after about 20 minutes!
    When I was brought down to surgery I was greeted by a drop dead gorgeous surgeon and my initial reaction was "Feck I dont want you seeing my thingy in these circumstances :eek: "! But thankfully she was just the assistant to the anesthesiologist. I then met the surgical team who im happy to say were all middle aged ugly men ;)
    We chatted about the weather and other things for awhile which completely relaxed me and then I was put to sleep. I awoke what seemed like instantly in the recovery room and by looking at the clock I could see I was out for around an hour and a half. Was brought back to the ward and decided to have a look. All I saw was a bandage and the lad was completely numb. It was funny trying to hold it and have a look when you cant even feel it in your hand! This numbness lasted all day yesterday and still somewhat this morning.
    Back in the ward my blood pressure was tested a few times and I had to eat, drink and pee before they would let me leave. Thanks to the lads on this thread I knew to sit down while peeing to avoid the "Me, Myself and Irene" incident :cool: so thanks for that lads!
    Was able to walk out of the hospital by myself and had pretty much a normal day yesterday due to the fact the lad was completely numb. Was given two more suppositories to take, cant wait until their over with! Took one last night and theres one for tonight just so you can have a pain free sleep.
    Was awoken this morning by a sharp pain due to a woody but this went away pretty quickly. Numbness weared off a bit and it is not painfull but more so uncomfortable. But I just took painkillers which will hopefully ease that off,

Well hopefully that helps someone out I will post updates of my progress over the next while and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask or pm me. I will get back to ya as soon as I can.

Can't say I had the pleasure of a suppository :D now you have me jealous, why didn't I get one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭BigProblem

Hi People

Any advice would be really appreciated.
    Here is my problem...I am a 30 year old virgin (i know that is a problem in itself mad.gif) I have been going out with my gf for past 4 months and now we are ready to have sex. My problem is my foreskin does not roll back and my penis does not come beyond the foreskin. The foreskin is tight! Is this normal? Do I need to get circumcised? Should the penis not go outside the foreskin? When I eventually have sex with my gf, will i have problems having sex or will foreskin split? Obviously I am really worried about this because this could be really embarrasing when i am with my gf. i dont fancy getting circumcised, do strectching exercises work? has anyone done the exercises and worked for them?

Thanks for reading and any advice would be really appreciated!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Hey bigproblem, none of us are medically qualified and none of us can see what you see - the only way you can get advice is to drop in to your doc and get them to have a look. Don't be embarrassed - everyone posting on this thread has done it.

DAY 16

Things continue to improve and settle down. Resumed normal marital duties on day 14 - everything works OK, although still a tiny bit tender around the scar line, nowever no adverse affects.
    Proximal shaft skin still a bit puffy, but slowly going down. 2 weeks from Op to sex aint bad eh ?
    So I guess things will continue to gradually settle down and 'reorganise' themselves as the healing progesses and the scar line continues to disappear more over time.
    Stll havent got full length or full power erections back, but i am probably being impatient - the doc said that could take 4-6 weeks before everything is back to normal.

BigProblem wrote: »
    Hi People

Any advice would be really appreciated.
    Here is my problem...I am a 30 year old virgin (i know that is a problem in itself mad.gif) I have been going out with my gf for past 4 months and now we are ready to have sex. My problem is my foreskin does not roll back and my penis does not come beyond the foreskin. The foreskin is tight! Is this normal? Do I need to get circumcised? Should the penis not go outside the foreskin? When I eventually have sex with my gf, will i have problems having sex or will foreskin split? Obviously I am really worried about this because this could be really embarrasing when i am with my gf. i dont fancy getting circumcised, do strectching exercises work? has anyone done the exercises and worked for them?

Thanks for reading and any advice would be really appreciated!!!

Hi Mate,

As TBH said the best thing to do is go the doctor. I know its very daunting and the fact that your 30 and still, ya know, I can tell that this would be something you would probably be uncomfortable with. I can only share my experience. I had tight foreskin, I was able to have sex worry free but the odd time it would be uncomfortable and sometimes even painful, depending on the mood and the position. Condoms definitely help. The experience with the doc is pretty quick. You walk in explain you think you may have Phimosis, He'll ask to have a look and will give you advice. Thats it! Will take two minutes I promise, and will seriously be one of the most relieving experiences of your life! Hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask or pm me.

Can't say I had the pleasure of a suppository :D now you have me jealous, why didn't I get one :pac:

I guess I was lucky patient 100 :rolleyes: trust me no jealously required ;)

Update day 2 for anyone whose interested!

Yesterday was interesting, was a bit sore and uncomfortable. Bath helped alot! Took the bandage off and got my first look at the head without foreskin the first time! Their wasnt that much swelling just a bit of bruising around the ridge, still very sensitive but thats to be expected for skin that hasnt had any contact for 25 years!

Left it unbandaged for awhile to let the air at it. Tried to put on clothes but the head was way to sensitive so wrapped some gause around it which helped alot. Pain killers are working a dream. finding it hard to walk around with it rubbing off clothes but its just uncomfortable, not painful at all.

Didnt have anything to drink after ten last night which seems to be the key because I wasnt greeted by any morning glory this morning. Which I'm very happy about because yesterday mornings one was very uncomfortable.

Thats all for now, I'll keep ya's informed!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

lads had mine done 7 weeks ago and all is good getting back to full useage (more over useage ;)) but i was on the public waiting list and was told i would be waiting 2 years then my g.p put me on to these http://www.ntpf.ie/home/ basic jist of it is if ur waiting more then 6 months they will send u privet or to a different hospital to reduce the waiting time by half :D

DAY 16

Things continue to improve and settle down. Resumed normal marital duties on day 14 - everything works OK, although still a tiny bit tender around the scar line, nowever no adverse affects.
    Proximal shaft skin still a bit puffy, but slowly going down. 2 weeks from Op to sex aint bad eh ?
    So I guess things will continue to gradually settle down and 'reorganise' themselves as the healing progesses and the scar line continues to disappear more over time.
    Stll havent got full length or full power erections back, but i am probably being impatient - the doc said that could take 4-6 weeks before everything is back to normal.

2 weeks? You bastard :p You must have some kind of wolverine-like healing powers! I though I was healing quick and without incident :rolleyes: and got back to it quicker than most.. but 2 weeks??
    Wonder does pulling stitches out after a week help it heal quicker?

What's the norm here lads?

Full anesthetic or just local??

What's the norm here lads?

Full anesthetic or just local??

I had full. Wouldn't feel comfortable with the local, mind would be running a mile a minute :pac:
    But at least with a local you can see if they do anything dodgy...

i had local, its fine as youre lying down anyway and probably dont want to see anything except the ceiling for about 30-40 mins. At least with the local anaesthetic you are numbed down below for 6-8 hours, but are fine otherwise, so you can walk / drive home with no effects whatsoever, and no groggyness or ill feelings that general anaesthetic may cause. The only issue with a local is the 3 injections into the base of the penis / groin, but they are very thin needles and just cause a slight 'pinch'. The doc will rub EMLA cream over the area first to dull the sensations anyway before the injection. The doc is very reassuring and will chat happily during the procedure, and he can work alone as there is no need for anaesthetist / surgey nurse etc. But i'm sure it amounts to the same thing in the end :)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys....sure I'll see what doc says on 22nd ;)

Thanks guys....sure I'll see what doc says on 22nd ;)

Bet you five pounds he says "Happy Christmas" at some point!! :)

Bet you five pounds he says "Happy Christmas" at some point!! :)

As I hand over €120 ??? :)

Well guys any more updates? Everyone happy?

My visit is next week.....believe it or not I cant wait ;)

Well guys any more updates? Everyone happy?

My visit is next week.....believe it or not I cant wait ;)
    Well I'm on day ten now and started back to work today. A lot better today had a rough couple of days last week with real discomfort but by Thursday I was grand was able to get out and drive with little or no discomfort. The lad looks horrible for the first couple of days but its fine now, swelling and bruising have gone right down. Still very sensitive when walking around but apart from that its fine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had it done when I was 10. Not the most pleasant experience from what I remember but glad I got it done for various reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irishkid2010

19 year old male here. just looking for some advice.
    i find my foreskin is too tight to come back over the head of my penis, i never really taught or a circumcision before because i didnt find it that bad. but i do notice sometimes during intercourse & after it can be painful to do it again. espeshially during foreplay if its pulled back over it :(
    so do ye reckon going to my local gp about a circumcision would be a good idea?

Day 26 now - everything is back to normal, healing is well progressed and swelling, redness etc is all but gone. Even the scar has settled down to a hardly noticeable state. At this stage i have forgotten most of the time that i was circumcised, except when i go for a leak or in the bedroom of course.....i can walk, run, cycle etc with no discomfort at all. The exposed part of the glans and foreskin is now a lot less hypersensitive than in the initial post-op period, and doesnt bother me at all now. Sex is great, although different in some ways. While some sensitivity has been lost with the 2" section of foreskin and shaft skin that was removed, other new sensations have replaced it so that the overall experience is different, new and still very sensual - plus i can last a lot longer now with ease.
    If you are thinking about getting it done, my advice is dont be afraid, it all works out for the best in the end. I have no regrets, i love it the way it is now, i like the look, feel and touch of it now and would never go back even if there was a way of turning back time. I do feel much more masculine now with my new look and feel and also the improvement in personal hygeine has been brilliant also. No more 'odours' or even the odd damp feeling after a quick wizz. It is such an improvemnt in every way, i can heartily recommend it from my experience - and i used to be very cynical and suspicious about the whole thing ! Lads, you will never look back....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Day 26 now - everything is back to normal, healing is well progressed and swelling, redness etc is all but gone. Even the scar has settled down to a hardly noticeable state. At this stage i have forgotten most of the time that i was circumcised, except when i go for a leak or in the bedroom of course.....i can walk, run, cycle etc with no discomfort at all. The exposed part of the glans and foreskin is now a lot less hypersensitive than in the initial post-op period, and doesnt bother me at all now. Sex is great, although different in some ways. While some sensitivity has been lost with the 2" section of foreskin and shaft skin that was removed, other new sensations have replaced it so that the overall experience is different, new and still very sensual - plus i can last a lot longer now with ease.
    If you are thinking about getting it done, my advice is dont be afraid, it all works out for the best in the end. I have no regrets, i love it the way it is now, i like the look, feel and touch of it now and would never go back even if there was a way of turning back time. I do feel much more masculine now with my new look and feel and also the improvement in personal hygeine has been brilliant also. No more 'odours' or even the odd damp feeling after a quick wizz. It is such an improvemnt in every way, i can heartily recommend it from my experience - and i used to be very cynical and suspicious about the whole thing ! Lads, you will never look back....

The fact that you feel as though there has been a hygiene improvement speaks more of your toiletry habits than anything else really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

19 year old male here. just looking for some advice.
    i find my foreskin is too tight to come back over the head of my penis, i never really taught or a circumcision before because i didnt find it that bad. but i do notice sometimes during intercourse & after it can be painful to do it again. espeshially during foreplay if its pulled back over it :(
    so do ye reckon going to my local gp about a circumcision would be a good idea?

Hi there, I notice noone had addressed your post as of yet.

Firstly, you need to go to your GP and see if there is any underlying medical condition leading to the tightness (phimosis or somesuch).

Then, armed with advice from your GP, you can then make a real decision on whether a circumcision is really necessary. Circumcision should only be considered when all other avenues have been exhausted, it is completely irreversible.

If your GP does not think a circumcision is in your best interests, he may prescribe you a steroid cream (betamethasone based) which will thin the skin and help you retract without issues. He may not even do this, he may give you advice on how to stretch your foreskin, which is entirely possible, with a routine which may be as simple as sitting in the bath and slowly pulling it back until you are fully retracted and doing this regimentally until the skin is permanently stretched.

There are plenty of people here who can help advise you, but a GP is really your first port of call.

The fact that you are able to have sex is a sign that it may only be a tightness issue.

Advertisement