Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

PM sent.

Ta for that ....

Right no going back ... no stretching exercises...going for it..Bye Bye foreskin lol

I will update as I go (ouch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sad face

To start I'd like to say this thread has given me so much information!
    Thanks a lot!
    It's been 7 days after my op and not much has happened.
    At all :(
    I think I've been through the worst of it all but aside from myself getting used to the glans sensitivity, my ol' chap doesn't look or feel like he's healing :confused:
    There's been a HUGE amount of swelling (concentrated on the frenulum some on the sides and very little on the top) and it has yet to die down.
    A stitch popped during the first day (:eek:) and that section has been very painful to touch. I doubt the lack of healing is due to an infection because I haven't seen any pus. Still, better safe than sorry and I'm going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow. I've been getting used to the whole experience lately; nocturnal erections are not so much painful as they are discomforting. I've been using Rolf's technique of applying vaseline to the cut and then wrapping it in gauze for the night then having no bandage and letting it dry and air in the day. I haven't tried that salt water dipping thing but it seems to be working for other people so I will probably give it a try later on.
    I just hope my body pulls itself together and starts to sort up this mangled mess down below :o It seems I have been healing a lot slower than others :(

Sad face wrote: »
    To start I'd like to say this thread has given me so much information!
    Thanks a lot!
    It's been 7 days after my op and not much has happened.
    At all :(
    I think I've been through the worst of it all but aside from myself getting used to the glans sensitivity, my ol' chap doesn't look or feel like he's healing :confused:
    There's been a HUGE amount of swelling (concentrated on the frenulum some on the sides and very little on the top) and it has yet to die down.
    A stitch popped during the first day (:eek:) and that section has been very painful to touch. I doubt the lack of healing is due to an infection because I haven't seen any pus. Still, better safe than sorry and I'm going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow. I've been getting used to the whole experience lately; nocturnal erections are not so much painful as they are discomforting. I've been using Rolf's technique of applying vaseline to the cut and then wrapping it in gauze for the night then having no bandage and letting it dry and air in the day. I haven't tried that salt water dipping thing but it seems to be working for other people so I will probably give it a try later on.
    I just hope my body pulls itself together and starts to sort up this mangled mess down below :o It seems I have been healing a lot slower than others :(

Ouch.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭fantastic98

I ENJOYEDthe description of your circumsion. thanks. did you lose much blood during it? cheers kevin
    BankMan wrote: »
    Hi lads - apologies if this should be in the circumcision sticky. Thought I'd share my experience yesterday for anyone who's interested. Feel free to ask any questions or PM me if you prefer. Apologies for the length of the post ! :o

Originally went to my GP seeking advice for phimosis back in Apri/May. He didn't actually examine me, but i described the symptoms, and he advised that a circumcision would be required, which I had expected. As I live in meath, he referred me to a surgeon in Navan hospital who I met two weeks later.

I met the surgeon, explained to him the symptoms. As it turned out, this wasn't his area of expertise, so he referred me to a different surgeon (also in Navan). He didn't charge.

I met the second surgeon about a week later. He examined me, and advised that urologists don't generally advocate adult circumcisions any more, and that a dorsal slit procedure would be less invasive and less painfull. I quite surprised by this, and questioned him about it at length as I had pretty much expected to get the full snip at this stage. He was absolutely positive that this was the way to go though. He's not a urlogist him himself - he's a general surgeon, also does cardiac work, in his 60s, seems very experienced, and I got the impression this procedure was a very minor thing for him. Not sure if I can mention his name (mods advise?). I have nothing bad to say about him at all.

I was sent to Navan hospital the same day (I had met the surgeon at his office, not in the hospital) for a check up in the day services dept. This was done as it was intended to operate on me in the morning, let me recover for a few hours andsend me home the same day. They wanted to make sure I was suitable for a day procedure as a general anaesthetic was to be administered. They checked vitals/height/weight/allergies/medical history etc., and were happy that I was suitable. I'm 26 by the way, fit healthy, don't smoke, little medical history, no allergies etc. The procedure was arranged for July 14th.

I checked wth my medical insurers regarding costs and they advised they would cover the bill for the day in hospital. I had to pay the consultant's initial bill for seeing me (think it was 60 quid approx), and I have to have a check up with him next week (think its 30 quid), also out of my own pocket, although I think I can claim this back at the end of my insurance year.

I was quite anxious about the procedure as they day grew nearer. I have limited experience of hospitals other than a broken collar bone and a few football related stitches required in the past. I had never had a general anaesthetic before.

Was told to arrive at 7:30 AM, and to arrange to have someone with me to drive me home, as i was going to be groggy. My fiance took the day off to come with me and spent the day in hospital with me - she went shopping in Navan while I was in theatre / recovery.

I was sitting in the day ward till about 10 O'clock, had my vitals checked, changed in a surgical gown, and was given pre-operative drugs (mostly painkillers). I was examined by a doctor, a nurse, and the anesthetist. I made themall aware of my anxiety, and they were all really reassuring and understanding, although I was hoping they might offer me something to chill me out - no joy!

Was wheeled up to theatre, waiting for about 10 minutes, then up on to the table. Had the hand catheter inserted which was barely noticeable. The doctors at this stage were chatting away to me, keeping me occupied and talking etc. The drugs were hooked up to knock me out. She said to expect some drowsiness and light headedness for a few seconds. They also stuck an oxygen mask on. I felt a freezing cold sensation travelling up my arm, I remember taking two deep breaths of oxygen, and then I was out for the count ! They also injected the penis directly with a local anaesthetic after I feel asleep.

Woke up with a bit of a start in the recovery room. Had a sore throat for a few minutes from the tube they use to keep your airway open. Was extremly groggy, but happy enough. After about 10 minuted I did feel some pain. There was a recovery nurse with me while I was waking up. I told her about the pain and the anaethetist was called. She asked me for a pain rating from 1-10. I said I was around the 5 mark. That was good enough for her - she gave me another dose of IV drugs which damn near knocked me out again - very pleasant !

I was kept in recovery ward for about 40 minutes, then brought back to a bed in the day ward. I drifted in and out of sleep for about 3 hours. No pain at all. The nurses checked my vitals every half an hour or so, and were really kind to me.

After about three hours, I was fairly much awake and I was put sitting up in the bed and brought tea and toast. Having fasted from 10 O'clock the previous night, I was starving (it was now 3pm).

My fiance was brought back in at this time, and she sat with me for an hour or so while they did up a letter for my GP, a prescription for painkillers, and the discharge paperwork.

I also had my first look at my penis post-op. Basically there are two incisions shaped like a V facing towards the end of the penis. Obviously it's way too early to assess how successful the op has been, but I've already seen more of the glans than I ever have before - I reckon I've only ever seen about a third of it - I can now see at least half without stretching or pulling etc. It's hard to tell how much of the foreskin was removed, or how aesthetic it's going to be after it heals etc. I'm meeting the surgeon for a follow up next week.

Was discharged around 4pm, the nurses helped me to the door and herself drove me home. Got home and was well able to eat and drink, sat up watching TV till about 10 - extremly drowsy and at times not very coherent!

Slept quite well last night, woke up a few times and checked the bandages, all well as far I can tell. Took the dressings off this morning and changed them, no real hassle. Have had several pees without problem (other than the dressing getting wet, but that can't be helped).

I must say how grateful I am to the staff in Navan hospital. Having anything done with the penis is going to envolve some levels of pain/anxiety/embarrassment etc., but they were all excellent. Really kind, and very understanding. I'm going to drop in a few boxes of choccies for the nurses next week as a token of my appreciation. It's a hospital that doesn't have the best name in the country, but i would have absolutely no problem going back or recommending it to others. I noticed they were extremly careful about changing gloves, washing hands etc. after every patient interaction before moving on to the next.

My only misgiving is having the procedure done as a day procedure. The general anaesthetic really left me comepletely knackered and very woozy, and i wonder if maybe an overnight stay is more appropriate. My advice for anyone having something like this is to make sure you have someone there to drive you home and look after you for the night. You're going to find it hard to anything for yourself for a few hours. The hospital said they would be in touch today to see how I'm getting on.

Woke up this morning with a bit of pain/discomfort. I've taken some painkillers which have given me relief though. I'm on difene & solpadeine for a week. The stitches should dissolve within two weeks.

Apologies again for the length of the post - that just took a full hour to write up ! As I said, I'm more than happy to answer any questions or to keep the thread updated with my progress...Best of luck! :cool:

BM

Out of interest guys..I'm in next Thursday for Op..

When can I realistically expect to be able to go back to work? Desk job at a PC...
    I'm hoping to go back on the monday !!

Zip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭westskipper

I had my op done on a friday early afternoon (Local anaesthetic), I was back at work monday morning.
    Local anaesthetic is fine, no need for general, and none of the risks / complications, you dont need surgery in an operating theatre in a hospital, its an outpatient procedure, 20 mins and you're done, you can drive home :)

Well having a general...not given a choice....

I argree with outpatient procedure....a buddy of mine ripped his frenulum :confused: whilst away on hols many many years ago in spain..they performed a circumcision in the a&e dept and he went off couple of hours later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Iceman aka Bobby Drake

I had my op done on a friday early afternoon (Local anaesthetic), I was back at work monday morning.
    Local anaesthetic is fine, no need for general, and none of the risks / complications, you dont need surgery in an operating theatre in a hospital, its an outpatient procedure, 20 mins and you're done, you can drive home :)

I know im gonna sound like a complete Dumba$s for asking this.. but what's the difference between general and local anesthetic?
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I know im gonna sound like a complete Dumba$s for asking this.. but what's the difference between general and local anesthetic?

general: you're knocked out, local, only the bit being operated on is numbed.

Thanks. But F-Dat.... theres noway id wanna b awake. General all the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 time4tea

BigProblem wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I was wondering for most people on here who have had the circumsion, did you have a choice in doing so? Could you not of done the stretching exercises or was it a case of getting circumsion was the only road to go down?

I need to go to doctor myself but worried i will need to get circumsion, really would like to avoid this.

Thanks for any advice!

I wasn't aware of any choices - I was in pain and went to the dr he recommended a circumcision so I went with that.
    Biggest mistake of my life.
    This should only be the last resort. As Wibbs says on the first page there are other options.
    From my personal experience it is much less sensitive afterwards and more prone to friction. If I'm being honest sex is nowhere near as pleasurable as it was but i try not to think about that.

I find dr's are far too quick to recommend surgery in general.

My advice would be to do your research and try other methods first.
    There are methods which have worked for other posters so why not give them a go before taking an irreversible step?

time4tea wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of any choices - I was in pain and went to the dr he recommended a circumcision so I went with that.
    Biggest mistake of my life.
    This should only be the last resort. As Wibbs says on the first page there are other options.
    From my personal experience it is much less sensitive afterwards and more prone to friction. If I'm being honest sex is nowhere near as pleasurable as it was but i try not to think about that.

I find dr's are far too quick to recommend surgery in general.

My advice would be to do your research and try other methods first.
    There are methods which have worked for other posters so why not give them a go before taking an irreversible step?

I must say I'm REALLY worried about the after effects...

I'm not in pain at all during sex...only thing is that I used to be able to retract foreskin back fully when erect and now I can only get it about half way..will go fully at a push/stretch..its not sore...just fcuking annoying....sex is as pleasurable as ever..in fact I could easily stay as I am but it annoys me that I cant retract fully..does anyone think I could be successful in stretching??

Doc went straight for circumcision so what can I do? :confused:

Well just back from the Dr's and what a load off.. seriously wat was i ever afraid off! Now just gotta wait to hear from Beaumount.. anyone know how long of a wait i'll b in for??

Oh 1 tip for any guys thinking of visiting the G.P lol try get a male doctor... and not the january jones look alike G.P i had

Zipppy wrote: »
    I must say I'm REALLY worried about the after effects...

I'm not in pain at all during sex...only thing is that I used to be able to retract foreskin back fully when erect and now I can only get it about half way..will go fully at a push/stretch..its not sore...just fcuking annoying....sex is as pleasurable as ever..in fact I could easily stay as I am but it annoys me that I cant retract fully..does anyone think I could be successful in stretching??

Doc went straight for circumcision so what can I do? :confused:

Zippy mate, you need to put this off - mentally you're not ready for it. You should go to a different doc and tell him you want to try other alternatives first.

tbh wrote: »
    Zippy mate, you need to put this off - mentally you're not ready for it. You should go to a different doc and tell him you want to try other alternatives first.

Yeah might postpone a month......alternative might be in order :(

Wow guys!
    A few words of comfort for those who are considering circumcision:
    The first week is the only week you will actually feel real pain.
    After that it's more grit your teeth and get over it discomfort.
    I highly suggest letting the wound dry out in the day with no bandage over it because it no longer hurts to touch when dried.
    Things have started to brighten up for me;
    Erections no longer cause me pain :D
    Peeing is always in a straight uniform stream :D
    I can handle wearing underwear with no bandage on :D
    And glans sensitivity is barely noticable :D

I reckon the only thing to improve now is the actual appearance of it.
    While I'm no longer in any genuine pain, the wound still looks mangled :(
    The inner foreskin on the bottom that's been flipped out to create the rest of the shaft has finally bonded together with the original shaft skin.
    Unfortunately the sides and top aren't going so well, the same goes for the swelling. I guess I should just give it some more time. :confused:

I've stopped applying bandages and antiseptic (betadine) because I'm not really sure if I should bother... Should I still be doing it or should I stop now?

Well, that's it for now, I guess it's just plain sailing from here :cool:

Bear in mind that despite the scary title of 'circumcision', which is enough to give most guys the frighteners, its just a minor cosmetic surgery procedure to remove a piece of thin unattached skin from a peripheral appendage of the body.

It is not like having your appendix removed or anything, there is no incisions through muscle or body cavities and therefore in most countries where it is more common it is done under a local anaesthetic in a day surgery room. This not only makes the procedure much faster, but also much cheaper since no operating theatre time is required, and there are no additional personel required.

technically the risks of general anaesthetic are reduced greatly also, as only the local area which is being cut/stitched is numbed, rather like for a tooth filling (You dont go to hospital for a tooth filling or routine extraction, do you ?). There is no risk to respiration, heartbeat, falling blood pressure, or hospital infections etc and therefore no need for an anaesthetist to attend. Neither is there the requirement for post-op recovery and the grogginess and nausea that sometimes accompanies that.

If you have it done under local anaesthetic all you feel is an injection to the base of your penis with a thin needle (like a dental anaesthetic) and everything past that point is numb for 6 - 8 hours after. You are still lying down or lying back on a dentist type chair, covered in a surgical gown and not watching what is happening below. I had my eyes closed for the whole procedure but was chatting with the doc who was a cheerful pleasant bloke and i found that very reassuring. You cannot feel anything that is happening, but when he says he is finished, you can hop out of the chair and pull on your jeans and away you go home on the bus or whatever.

It the easiest thing in the world and there is no need to be in anyway apprehensive about it. After all, an estimated billion men in the world today are circumcised so its not like its a dodgy new procedure that is poorly understood, although some irish GPs seem to have a poor understanding of it compared to other countries.

In my case, i have found the benefits (after 2 months now) to be overwhelmingly positive, but thats not to say that every man will feel the same. No two people are the same, no two circumcisions are the same and no two results are the same either I would guess.

Yes, you are giving away 2 inches of foreskin that you will never see or feel again, nor will you ever feel the sensations that that chunk of foreskin would have given you. You must accept that. However that is not to say that you will have no other sensations as a result. There is still a lot more foreskin left and you will receive lots of good sensations from that, as you will from the head of the penis also.

Personally, i enjoy the freedom of not having a long foreskin anymore, along with the inmproved sense of cleanliness and freshness that goes with that - but perhaps not everyone will enjoy that either.

The circumcision has not changed my sex life or my relationship in anyway, its still as good and enjoyable as ever, and my missus would agree there too , although understandably it is a bit different than before, but not in a bad way, in fact the difference in sensations for both of us is quite erotic and sensual - other daily functions like urination and showing are also much easier also.

When i went for my circ (which was voluntary and not through the GP / hospital route) the doc asked me what result did i want as regards tight / loose and high/low etc. I asked for fairly high and medium tightness, which has worked out well. This means that most of the foreskin that was removed was 'outer' shaft skin which was not all that sensitive anyway and most of the inner foreskin was retained, although a large part of this is now the new outer foreskin. This means that i still have about 1 1/2 " of inner foreskin from the glans back along the shaft if i stretch it tightly, including the highly sensitive 'ribbed' section of inner foreskin, which means i retained most of the foreskin that gives you sexual sentivity and satisfaction.

I also had my frenulum removed, but that is not essential for a lot of guys, just mine was also way too tight and adding to my problems, some guys will be OK with their existing frenulum, some can have it lengthened by patially cutting and stitching it, while other may need to have it removed. Again, its removal has not had any negative effects on my sex life but possibly that is because it was causing me negtive issues when it was there so the outcome is a definitine improvement.

The scar is about 3/4" back along the shaft under normal conditions. As it is not a 'tight' circ the foreskin still bunches up behind the glans when flaccid and droops over the rim and covers a small part of it when soft. However, by mid erection it has pulled back taut and the glans is completely free and by full erection it looks like a classic pornstar c0ck.

You should discuss what desired result you want with the surgeon before the op, since there is a lot of choice available, there is not just one style of circumcision.
    in the USA for instance, where upwards of 75% of male boys are still circumcised routinely just after birth, the style tends to be tight and medium to high. Whereas in muslim counties and among jewish communities, the normal style tends to be much looser and low.

if you have a low cut, very little of the inner foreskin is retained, while a lot of outer foreskin is retained so that the scar is low down close tot he glans and is not as notceable, but may lead to a lot less sexual sensitivity.
    therefore it is important that you consider and discuss this BEFORE the op with the surgeon, its too late afterwards.

My own two cents worth is that for an adult circumcision, where the man has been used to a full inner foreskin all his life, he should strongly consider retaining as much of it as possible, even though this will lead to a 'higher' and more noticeable scar line. Giving that inner foreskin away will have a profound difference on the sensitivity and sensations that may not be desirable

Dont worry about the sensitivity of suddenly exposed inner foreskin and penis, it will soon calm down and thicken slightly to adopt to its new situation of being permanently exposed, although not to the extent where it becomes dull and numb either, it still feels 'right'. The body is amazing, it quickly adjusts everything to the new situation while optimizing feeling so that very little is lost.

I suspect that maybe perhaps a lot of guys who have said they lost a lot of sensation after their op was due to the loss of too much inner foreskin in a 'low' circ. You MUST ensure that the surgeon knows what you want the outcome to be, it should NOT be his decision, there is no such thing as a standard style of circumcision. You should be totally in control of the desired outcome.

One final word - most men fall loosely into two categories, 'grow-ers' and 'show-ers'. A grower is where there is a marked difference in penis length between flaccid and erect, whereas a shower is where there is not as much difference between flacid and hard(ie the flaccid penis is still quite long and defined) .

A good surgeon will not excise too much skin so that when fully erect the skin would stretched too tight. So obviously, if you are a shower, it is possible to have quite a tight circumcision so that the glans is always exposed and the foreskin is smooth and quite tight along the shaft when flaccid (in classic American style). This wont be possible to the same extent for a grower, because if only 2-3" when soft (this is very common, lads!) but 5 - 6" when hard, the foreskin is not going to be able to look tight and glans exposed when flaccid and still be able to stretch another 2-3" when erect without being far too tight and uncomfortable.

I do think that if you get it rght, you will be very happy with it.

Finally, as somebody else has rightly pointed out, circumcision is not for everyone - if you dont actually want a circumcised penis, then dont have it circumcised, without considering other optons which are maybe worth investigating first.

Dont get forced into circumcision if you are not comfortable with the idea since you will possibly be not happy with the result either, and there is no going back and it will leave you feeling cheated and unhappy.

You will not be the only guy who presents to a GP or clinic with foreskin problems, it is very common and affects a significant percentage of all males. Its just a taboo subject in ireland like so many other 'sexual' problems and is not discussed. However, its a medical problem and you should have it addressed by a competent medical practitioner. These things dont get better with time, in fact they usually get worse if not treated. Tight foreskin is often hereditary also and may run in your family, thereforre it is not your fault and not somethign to be embarrassed about, but you do need to have it medically addressed, whether surgery is the final answer or not. i am not advocating circumcision to any male here, all i am saying is that i have been impressed at how it has sorted out my problems and i am sharing that with you guys because i know that there are a lot of other guys who have the same issues and questions as i had a few months ago and are looking for more information about it.

Final word: seek professional advice, dont put it off, and dont make up your mind as a result of reading posts on the internet either !!

Sad face wrote: »
    Wow guys!
    A few words of comfort for those who are considering circumcision:
    The first week is the only week you will actually feel real pain.
    After that it's more grit your teeth and get over it discomfort.
    I highly suggest letting the wound dry out in the day with no bandage over it because it no longer hurts to touch when dried.
    Things have started to brighten up for me;
    Erections no longer cause me pain :D
    Peeing is always in a straight uniform stream :D
    I can handle wearing underwear with no bandage on :D
    And glans sensitivity is barely noticable :D

I reckon the only thing to improve now is the actual appearance of it.
    While I'm no longer in any genuine pain, the wound still looks mangled :(
    The inner foreskin on the bottom that's been flipped out to create the rest of the shaft has finally bonded together with the original shaft skin.
    Unfortunately the sides and top aren't going so well, the same goes for the swelling. I guess I should just give it some more time. :confused:

I've stopped applying bandages and antiseptic (betadine) because I'm not really sure if I should bother... Should I still be doing it or should I stop now?

Well, that's it for now, I guess it's just plain sailing from here :cool:

Hi Sadface,

From day 2 onwards my surgeon told me i wouldnt need to keep it bandaged - if it weeps / bleeds slightly, just wear tight briefs with a medical absorbent pad at the front (sounds a bit feminine i realise...), but he said exposure to the air would help healing, which it did i think. After than, i apllied nutrogena to the scar daily to keep it from drying out and getting caught in underwear, and an aloe vera healing gel to it at night - seemed to work great for me, soothed the scar a lot and seemed to reduce swelling. Didnt need any antibiotics at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Nip The Tip

time4tea wrote: »

I'd have to respectfully & completely disagree with you there :)

I would as well, to be honest, but it's always good to hear a different opinion. I know there's lads reading this who think it's a pro-circ thread, I can totally understand that, but the reality is, no posts are censored - people unhappy with it are just as welcome as people who are happy. It does seem that the vast majority who post here are delighted they got it done, I promise there's no manipulation being done on thread :)

• Advertisement

Me again :(

Ok thursdays the day GULP...help..

My latest 'worry' (and I always have one..) is what type of circ Im gonna get..I did mention loose/tight to doc but he dismissed it and said he was gonna do blah blah blah...

Now what I'm concerned about is if circ is too 'tight' that skin on erection will be stretched too far and it'll be sore, painfull, impossible or something..
    I'm a grower rather than a shower so this really could be an issue...

Hopefully I might get to see doc on the day before op but this is unlikely ....

Opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 time4tea

I did think that explicitly stating it was my 'personal experience' would have been enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Nip The Tip

Me again :(

Ok thursdays the day GULP...help..

My latest 'worry' (and I always have one..) is what type of circ Im gonna get..I did mention loose/tight to doc but he dismissed it and said he was gonna do blah blah blah...

Now what I'm concerned about is if circ is too 'tight' that skin on erection will be stretched too far and it'll be sore, painfull, impossible or something..
    I'm a grower rather than a shower so this really could be an issue...

Hopefully I might get to see doc on the day before op but this is unlikely ....

Opinions?

I got the same schpiel from the surgeon. My dinkle was so shrunk on approach to the operating theatre that I'm sure it was, in fact, inverted at some point.. yet they tokk exactly the right amount off. I don't know how they did it. Maybe injected me with some viagra when I was out for the count, to make the necessary marks etc?? :pac:
    I'm sure they know what they are doing.
    There's a chance you will see the doc prior to surgery, might be an idea to ask to see him. For my op (and a few other bits & bobs ops over the years) the doc's assistant and the anaestheseologist (sp?) or his assistant will call down to ask me about medications, allergies, post-op stuff etc.

I got the same schpiel from the surgeon. My dinkle was so shrunk on approach to the operating theatre that I'm sure it was, in fact, inverted at some point.. yet they tokk exactly the right amount off. I don't know how they did it. Maybe injected me with some viagra when I was out for the count, to make the necessary marks etc?? :pac:
    I'm sure they know what they are doing.
    There's a chance you will see the doc prior to surgery, might be an idea to ask to see him. For my op (and a few other bits & bobs ops over the years) the doc's assistant and the anaestheseologist (sp?) or his assistant will call down to ask me about medications, allergies, post-op stuff etc.
    Glad to see the operation hasn't damaged your sense of humour :D
    Unless you were serious when you said it might've actually been inverted...:eek:

ye are gonna kill me but.........................

I'm going to ring doc this morning and discuss...

I've been doing a bit of stretching with steroid cream...checked last night wink.gifand forskin now comes over head A LOT easier and further when erect..just a bit tight when over...so methinks I might just be able to salvage my foreskin..

Gonna request a months stay of execution..if a month doesnt produce satisfactory results then I'll have no qualms bout getting it done..
    reckon I owe it to my lad to have a shot at this..

What say ye all??

ye are gonna kill me but.........................

Not at all! why would you think that? Dude, what's best for you is the best thing.
    I'm going to ring doc this morning and discuss...

I've been doing a bit of stretching with steroid cream...checked last night wink.gifand forskin now comes over head A LOT easier and further when erect..just a bit tight when over...so methinks I might just be able to salvage my foreskin..
    that's great!
    Gonna request a months stay of execution.

:) - dude if that's the way you feel about it, then you shouldn't get it done at all.
    .if a month doesnt produce satisfactory results then I'll have no qualms bout getting it done..
    reckon I owe it to my lad to have a shot at this..

What say ye all??
    a month is nothing - and as before, you deffo seem like you don't want it to happen - so don't let it happen :)

Deferred till next month :p

Gentlemen, I will herefore go forth and conduct an indepth research study into whether stretching can actually work for a foreskin that's not too tight...

I think my OH will have to get involved and get stretching also :rolleyes:

Stay tuned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anyone tell me how long before you can masturbate or have sex after getting circumsized?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

I need this done :( Big rotten vein under me head too argh

• Advertisement

Anyone tell me how long before you can masturbate or have sex after getting circumsized?

I had my first jerk off at day 7, first sex at day 12. no problems, all worked fine. It gets better with time of course, it takes about 6 weeks before everything has 'settled' down to a normal fully healed condition, but that wont stop you doing stuff much earlier.

Advertisement