Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

rjwill246 wrote: »
    Am an Australian doctor, who has worked for over 20 years in the US, just returned to OZ.
    I'm an Apollo astronaut, recently returned from translunar orbit. No? Dont buy that? Both statements are just as non provable, especially when posting anon. People have been rightfully rounded on for claiming similar in the past on this site.
    Sad to see the anti-American sentiment that smacks of stereotyping or not understanding the attitudes of US men
    I don't see any anti American sentiment. Examples please.
    Forums like this are quite different in the US as someone here rightly noted, often dominated by gay men who want their foreskins back.
    Right... so some bloke who may question this cultural medical fetish of circumcising newborns is now likely gay too? So which group are you more prejudiced against?
    There are few penile problems discussed on the US boards because there are so few penile problems there.
    Utter tosh. Google newborn circumcision problems and get back to us.
    There has been a bit of a drop in the rate because of immigrants who haven't yet adopted the custom for their children, but the rate is still well into the high 80% range. This mostly eliminates the need for a forum like this!! ;-)
    Sorry, it's a thread, not a forum. Though you've hit the nail on the head with "custom". Those pesky immigrants eh? Probably gay too.
    And it is definitely not the money that US doctors do newborn circs for!
    Well I'm sure they get paid, given any basic surgical procedure on average costs more in the US than any other nation, but that's not the issue.
    Done by someone who does lots of them- there are a few good clinics in the UK with excellent expertise- will produce a result that is as good as or better than the "original" equipment.
    What? What do you mean by original equipment? A biologically normal functioning penis? This is not about men who needed circumcision as adults(or as kids) for valid medical reasons. They have normal willies too, but I'd like to hear your "medical" definitions of "original".
    I had mine done for non-medial reasons at 34 years of age and I wished I had done it sooner.
    Here we go. This is what I mean by fetish or fashion. Cool and the gang, whatever floats your boat, but very very few men with normally functioning foreskins are going to present for an operation that requires a couple of weeks of healing if it isn't a fetish or fashion. Hell part of the problem is that very few men would be comfortable presenting for just a medical examination. It's what needlessly delayed a fair few of the men in this thread. From my reading of this thread and the guys experiences, all of them had penile problems that required medical intervention and they sought that out. And as TBH has said all of them seem to have had a positive experience from that. Bit of a difference from your story, where for no medical reason at all you've undergone a circumcision? If it wasn't for medical reasons it can only be for personal reasons. IE fashion or fetish.
    Of course, creams, stretching have a place if the man is adamant about keeping the foreskin but as many studies have shown, and it has been my experience, the bit of foreskin that is removed plays no great role in sexual function and the low maintenance thereafter is a valuable gain.
    TBH I'm beginning to think you've never had a full foreskin at all and have no medical knowledge. Unless you had very little of one naturally, then there is a fair removal of tissue. There is also sexual function, though one can debate how much. Low maintenance is just down to personal hygiene. It's not a reason.
    Here is a good website for scientific information and not the rubbish about miles of nerves arteries and the like being removed from the most sensitive part of the body!

http://www.circinfo.net/
    A quick perusal of that site shows it to be incredibly biased and eye swivellingly daft in places. Hell they even try to link lack of the snip with breast cancer in women. Genius eh? They also claim it is an evolutionary adaptation and all earlier societies practised it. Wrong on both counts. Good God they even insinuate anti circumcision men are more likely to be paedophiles. I shít thee not gentle reader. From this page http://www.circinfo.net/anti_circumcision_lobby_groups.html I quote: The anti-circ organizations are a magnet for pedophiles, whose preference is for the uncircumcised appearance of a boy"s penis since this arouses in their twisted minds an image of untouched innocence. Such sexual predators then set about robbing the boy of this innocence. You could not make this drivel up. Oh and the appeal to vanity with "What's worse, while waxing self-righteous about a few millimeters of lost manhood, these guys are forgetting what the opposite sex have to say about the matter. An informal poll of women provoked one response when asked their opinion of uncircumcised men: "Yuck". I think that just about says it all." If that's your definition of a non biased scientific site then to be frank I take anything else you write with a large pinch of salt. It's just as daft, unscientific and as culturally fetishistic as those sites and groups who claim the procedure should never be done under any circumstance. It's even more dodgy when the person linking it does so anon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Nip The Tip

I like my circumcision :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭westskipper

So do I, I don't regret having it done at all.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

LaughOrDie wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm getting a circumcision on the 1st April. I have a question for anyone who's had the op.

How much time do you need off work? My GP said to take a week off after. I applied for the holidays off work but can't get it. My manager said if it's for a medical procedure I have to get it certified.

Did any of you's have to take time off work? If so, how long? Was it certified?

If it was certified can you get a doctors note in advance? And one last question who do I get to write the note? GP or Urologist?

Thanks in advance

I took one week off work, and it took six weeks to fully heal. The urologist would probably be fine with providing the sick cert. Very best of luck with the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

I don't like my circumcision. It was done, by parental demand (free on the UK NHS) in 1948 when I was a few months old.
    I don't like the very obvious scar - yes, it is still there after 62 years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yes and I bet you got it for medical reasons NtT? That's bang on. No issue with that at all, nor with any medical procedure that makes someone's life better, if medically warranted. A functioning cut penis is a magnitude better than a non functioning intact one.

Now where it is damn near a cultural fetish for some? And when that cultural fetish is aimed at newborn boys I think it's primitive and should be fought as such by a society. It's bad enough when it's religious in nature(though originally the Jewish version was much less invasive), but when it's backed and indeed pushed as "healthy" by some in the medical field(mostly in the US), then yea I do take issue.

* though I do have some reservation that for too many doctors it's the first port of call. They could aim to be more conservative(if they even know how) and IMHO that's bad medicine.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

Was circumsized 7 weeks ago and bloody loving the new look! :D

Anyone here who is considering it for medical reasons i would advise you to just do it! It seems terrifying but is worth it in every sense, im so proud of my new artful-dodger i have to stop myself from waving it at the world every day haha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Camilo wrote: »
    Was circumsized 7 weeks ago and bloody loving the new look! :D

Anyone here who is considering it for medical reasons i would advise you to just do it! It seems terrifying but is worth it in every sense, im so proud of my new artful-dodger i have to stop myself from waving it at the world every day haha! :D
    Any before and after stories ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 1984Louise

has anyone any problems with masturbation and what type of lube to use as have tried a few and within a minute or so we seem to have to reapply lube - is this the norm for going forward or does it get to stage where you wont have to use lube?

1984Louise wrote: »
    has anyone any problems with masturbation and what type of lube to use as have tried a few and within a minute or so we seem to have to reapply lube - is this the norm for going forward or does it get to stage where you wont have to use lube?

Haven't had any masturbatory issues, but I need to be bone (:rolleyes:) dry or pretty well lubed for it. If it's just moist then it's kind of tacky/sticky and isn't great.
    When it's dry it's just like rubbing one hand with the other. When's it's properly lubricated it's like a vagina :)
    But either way it isn't as messy to clean up afterward as when I had the foreskin.

Apparently oil based lubes don't "dry up" but I prefer water-based myself as a little saliva reactivates it when it does dry up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Hey guys,

I got circumcised yesterday and it is the best thing I have ever done! I love it already. It looks like I caught my wang in a door at the minute so I'm looking forward to it healing up nicely... it is a little tender but I'm on strong painkillers and it is also still numb since yesterday. It has almost been 24 hours since the actual operation.

I'm 18 and got it done without telling anybody. I went private and it took about two months from regular doctor consultation to operation. Will probably skip the next week of college...

Anyway I highly recommend it. It's so great being able to see the head for the first time properly! My foreskin was quite tight.

Another success story here lads. :)

1984Louise wrote: »
    It all depends on what type of circ you got. The two main types are loose and tight.
    Personally i received a loose, so some inner foreskin remains and there is a very, very small amount of skin, this means the shaft remains malleable so that means lubricant is not needed(but can be used) the shaft be pumped and that is enough to have a ruddy good time ;)

If you received a tight circumcision then there is no way to move or stimulatate the penis without a type of lubricant.

Zipppy wrote: »
    Any before and after stories ????
    Sorry for double post but only saw this now :).

Before i had a bad case of phimosis and due to micro-scarring near the tip of the foreskin i found out that nor-surgical, manual streching would never work for me. I was initially extremly anti-circumcision but then i got into a sexual relationship with a lass and found that any action performed upon my artful dodger, either hand, mouth, or the gates of oblvion themselves ( ;) ) was, if not carefully perfomred, very uncomfotrable and sometimes painful as the foreskin would not retract. Sex was the worst as the tightness of the vagina did battle with stubborn foreskin.

The relationship ended and i vowed that i would never again have my foreskin stand in the way of an relationships. I was furious at it and decided to research circumcision and arrange one. I soon found out all the benefits, and risks, of the circ and felt confident enough to arrange one. I went to my GP and after having a gawk he arranged one at the local hospital, i was furious as it was 4 months away and i didnt want to spend another day with the accursed thing.

Anyway the day came and i went in and awoke with a new member :D had to stay overnight in hospital due to excessive bleeding but nothing serious. I was terrfied to look at my penis and when i did i actually fainted onto the floor :eek: it looked like the elephant man on a bad. But that was only temporary ;)
    I left hospital the next day having lost all modesty and bashfulness about my dinger, by the time i left 17 doctors, nurses and med students had seen and examined my bloodied member and i had spent 48 hours being referred to exclusivly as "The Circ". :o

The next few weeks passed in a blur, i had dissolvable stiches (Fcuking useless!) which didnt go away for 4 weeks thankfully only leaving me with only 1 small stich mark on the left side.
    The newly exposed head was extremly tender for several weeks and i had to wear a pad-TIP!: use non-fleecing cotton strips coated in vaseline as a pad and put it inside tight underwear, vas stops the leaking blood and plasma from sticking your pecker to the pad and the resulting tearing off at end of day :eek: -.

But 2 months on and im ****ing loving it! I feel so proud and confidant of the member and it looks much more attractive, masterbation has not been affected (if anything its much better!) and overall im delighted. Still quite swollen around the corona due to my getting a loose style but that will go down.
    JUST DO IT MAN! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 4skin

!!! wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I got circumcised yesterday and it is the best thing I have ever done! I love it already. It looks like I caught my wang in a door at the minute so I'm looking forward to it healing up nicely... it is a little tender but I'm on strong painkillers and it is also still numb since yesterday. It has almost been 24 hours since the actual operation.
    I'm 18 and got it done without telling anybody. I went private and it took about two months from regular doctor consultation to operation. Will probably skip the next week of college...
    Anyway I highly recommend it. It's so great being able to see the head for the first time properly! My foreskin was quite tight.
    Another success story here lads. :)

Same here, got it done yesterday, 19 years old. Was told to take off the bandage in a bath tonight so not sure what to expect, consultant told me not to be shocked so I'd say it's gonna be bad haha.

Just wanna say a big thanks to all the lads on here, especially TBH and NipTheTip, wouldn't have ever gone for it without this forum.

The procedure itself was so hassle-free I couldn't believe it. Went to the GP before x-mas with an earache and afterwards said the classic "while I'm here..." He referred me to a urologist whom I met with 2 weeks ago, and yesterday had the op.

Went in at 7am, signed a few forms, got my gown etc, quick check from the nurses and then wheeled into theatre around 9. Anasthetic was some craic(general), tried to see how long I could fight it until I gave up and went to sleep(around 3 secs I'd say). Next thing I remember was waking up and finding myself talking absolute sh1te to a nurse, I though I was in Dublin(I was there on wednesday night), and told her to come with us down to Coppers, this was met with great laughter and I finally realised where I was. Morphine is some buzz!

Anyway, sitting onthe bed now with the boys out over the waistband, telling my story. Will probably keep ye updated as I know how useful regular accounts are for people waiting to get the op.

Cheers again lads!

Okay so it's Day 2.

Managed to use the oul vaseline and tape trick lastnite and managed to go out for a few pints, had no problems at all, just had to be careful taking a piss.

Took off the bandage for the first time lastnite, wasn't as shocked as I thought I'd be, only thing worrying me is the large amount of skin on the underside of the penis close to the head, it looks huge, hope it's just swollen:o

^ I was going to head out for some pints last night but decided against it as I was on so many painkillers... I'm not actually in that much pain but I'm taking them anyway. My dick is EXTREMELY bruised and swollen but it seems to be healing anyway. Nothing to report really. Woke up twice during the night from painful erections though.

^ I was going to head out for some pints last night but decided against it as I was on so many painkillers... I'm not actually in that much pain but I'm taking them anyway. My dick is EXTREMELY bruised and swollen but it seems to be healing anyway. Nothing to report really. Woke up twice during the night from painful erections though.

Yeah I just noticed mines deep purple underneath the head, I'm sure it's normal enough though. I found the sleeping in the foetal(sp?) position at night to be a great help in dealing with erections. Only woke up once lastnite due to them which was good. Are you wearing boxers or going commando?

4skin wrote: »
    Yeah I just noticed mines deep purple underneath the head, I'm sure it's normal enough though. I found the sleeping in the foetal(sp?) position at night to be a great help in dealing with erections. Only woke up once lastnite due to them which was good. Are you wearing boxers or going commando?

Yeah I heard about the foetal position alright but found it kind of uncomfortable so whatever... I'm wearing tight boxers when outside my bedroom (where I let the air get to it), you?

Haha the exact same, I'd say I spent a good 6+ hours sitting on my bed, laptop between my legs and the crown jewels pointing at the screen:P

Lastnight and tonight though I wrap the lad up when going to sleep, plenty of vaseline and ya don't notice it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Stretching not working out...

Tightness is only mild and I could manage without too much trouble but I reckon I'll end up in more trouble as the years go by so I may as well bite the bullet now...

Ringing doc for new op appointment date tomorrow ...

• Advertisement

If you received a tight circumcision then there is no way to move or stimulatate the penis without a type of lubricant.

Sorry but I totally disagree with this. I got a tight cut and I have no probs choking the snake when dry...

Took off the bandage for the first time lastnite, wasn't as shocked as I thought I'd be, only thing worrying me is the large amount of skin on the underside of the penis close to the head, it looks huge, hope it's just swollen:o

I had the same thing, think I said it before but it looks like they did it nice & neat on top and sides but stuffed it in a bit on the bottom?
    I had a huge bundle of thick shaft skin there suddenly joined up to real thin inner skin but now (nearly 6 months on) it's almost bottle smooth. Takes time but I'm sure it'll be fine

My dick is EXTREMELY bruised and swollen but it seems to be healing anyway. Nothing to report really. Woke up twice during the night from painful erections though.

If you feel adamant about it you could call the surgeon's secretary. I did out of a bit of a panic as it was a full blow haematoma on me but it went away completely in about 4 days iirc.

I had the same thing, think I said it before but it looks like they did it nice & neat on top and sides but stuffed it in a bit on the bottom?
    I had a huge bundle of thick shaft skin there suddenly joined up to real thin inner skin but now (nearly 6 months on) it's almost bottle smooth. Takes time but I'm sure it'll be fine

Nice one man cheers. I presume the bumps and lumps around the scarline/stitches even out too so.

Today (day 3) has been the most painful day for me. It's quite bad today! :( Ugh... my body is fecked from being constantly on painkillers since Friday too so I'm definitely easing on those big time.

Sorry but I totally disagree with this. I got a tight cut and I have no probs choking the snake when dry...
    As i said i only have the experience of the loose cut, the needing of lubricant just seems to be the common consensus amongst tightly cut brethren, not necessarily the case all the time.

Nice one man cheers. I presume the bumps and lumps around the scarline/stitches even out too so.

Ah yeah. For me they dwindled out over time, I think there were bits of stitches sitting under the skin causing the lump, just took time to dissolve. I guess a lot of it would be scar tissue too, had a few scars now and they all start rough but end up smooth over time. Body seems to rid itself of useless skin :pac:

As i said i only have the experience of the loose cut, the needing of lubricant just seems to be the common consensus amongst tightly cut brethren, not necessarily the case all the time.

Well if I had sweaty palms it would be uncomfortable without lube :D

Update :D :

Day 5 and it is SORE! That is all, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

last few weeks, under my foreskin, can get very red and even the head of penis sometimes

went to the doctor he told me it was casue of sweating

i got cream which seems to help, but im starting to think my foreskin is getting a bit tight, im not sure. I may have to go back again

Day 5

Had the very bright idea lastnight to try an oul tommy tank, couldn't hold out any longer, a very do-able MILF on Dragon's Den was enough to tip me over the edge. Anyway, 5 mins later after some small bleeding started I realised how idiotic my plan was, oh well, will just have to endure the blue balls for another while...

Day 5

Had the very bright idea lastnight to try an oul tommy tank, couldn't hold out any longer, a very do-able MILF on Dragon's Den was enough to tip me over the edge. Anyway, 5 mins later after some small bleeding started I realised how idiotic my plan was, oh well, will just have to endure the blue balls for another while...

Sorry but this made me laugh! :pac:

• Advertisement

It's been a week today :) It's rarely painful now. It's still very swollen though with bruising. Most of the sore, raw areas have developed a comfortable scab now. Erections are painful if they last a while... really frustrated about that! Overall everything is going smoothly at the moment anyway.

Advertisement