Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

fair play man. It's never too late. My sympathies on your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chillaxed

Like the above poster, this thread has been an invaluable resource to me throughout the whole process of getting circumcised, so many many thanks to all those who have contributed.

For my part, the procedure was done in Mt Carmel hospital last friday and recovery has been surprisingly quick and painless. Saturday was unpleasant, with the extreme sensitivity turning the task of putting underwear on into an excercise in mental fortitude. Things have improved rapidly though, and I'm now sitting happily with chap in boxers and no need for bandages. Swelling has gone down a lot. The underside where the frenulum was cut is still a bit swollen, raw looking and seeping a bit (lymphatic fluid I think), but I don't think this is anything out of the ordinary. That area also gets a bit itchy occasionally, but this i attribute to the swelling going down.

All in all I'm surprised at how easy its all been and I'm extremely glad to have had it done. I'm 23 and this has fixed an issue which has been dogging me for the best part of the last 6 years (brought to a head about 2 months ago by a rather nasty frenulum tear). Now just looking forward to getting the stitches out and getting to grips with the new equipment :)

Thanks again to all the posters, you've all been a massive help.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 circ

I wouldnt worry to much about stitches falling out early, unless you were pulling at them or anything.

I had bits of stitches in the first few days and i still have some in on Day 20.

Thanks for the reassurance scared silly... much appreciated.

With all the changes going on you just wonder sometimes!

Getting better by the day.

Little bit sorer around one side of stiches when I got up this morning, but that was probably due to the raging boner I got before waking up, pulling at them a bit.

Other than that nothing much to report - all is good down South, nothing I can't do, bit of swelling around frenulum, another stiched dissolved last night and came out, just waiting for it to be fully healed.

Worst thing now is waiting to get back into the saddle and start riding again... another few days and it will be time to lock up your daughters (well lock up my missus anyway!):pac:

BTW fairplay to unregistered guest and chillaxed... best of luck with your recoveries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

chillaxed you said you had a frenulum tear prosuming during sex. my frenulum seems quiet tight even though i can retract the foreskin over the head, just wondering could you retract the foreskin that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭BigProblem

think i need to get circ but have bottled it afew times going to my GP, i know everyone is going to say, it wont be first time he has seen this but dont think i can go to GP. is there a wellman clinic i can go to does anyone know? dont fancy going to my GP

BigProblem wrote: »
    think i need to get circ but have bottled it afew times going to my GP, i know everyone is going to say, it wont be first time he has seen this but dont think i can go to GP. is there a wellman clinic i can go to does anyone know? dont fancy going to my GP

you'll have to see a doctor whereever you go, whether it's your gp or a random gp at a clinic. totally understand the reluctance to see your own GP, but have you considered just going to a new random doc? that's what I did..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 buzzzsnip

BigProblem wrote: »

Hi BigProblem. Mine was a big problem as well - i got a reference from a gentlemen on this site 0- best ever advice 0- went to see clinic in malahide - he checked me out 0 discussed the options and had my procedure done - in and out 65 minutes - great recovery in days and no messing - € 730.00 whole lot including the theatre and sedation anaesthetic -optional, but i took it...was scared sh... Seen few others on this site went to same and looks they had same experience.. hope that can help. Cheers.

Hi Lads - gentle reminder, it's a long standing rule of the forum that we don't allow you to name doctors or clinics. I appreciate there was no ill-intent, and have no problem with details being exchanged via PM, but please, not on thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Jeez...who can believe that it's a week tomorrow......:rolleyes:

No major change today...just a wee bit red and sore around front part of wound....that normal chaps???

Zip

• Registered Users Posts: 11 buzzzsnip

tbh wrote: »
    Hi Lads - gentle reminder, it's a long standing rule of the forum that we don't allow you to name doctors or clinics. I appreciate there was no ill-intent, and have no problem with details being exchanged via PM, but please, not on thread.

Sorry TBH - did not realise there was private message area - APOLOGY. will send bigproblem PM then - cheers.

No harm, no foul buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

*shudder* wrote: »
    erm, i'm kind of in the same position myself, my foreskin is too tight to retract, anytime it does it's in the *heat* of the moment when the juices are flowing so to speak..

Apart from hygene reasons, is this not normal? Surely a lot of men are like this? Is it unsafe or anything, it's just been the norm for me so i don't really know any different.

When I was 12 or so I had the same problem - nothing that plenty of **** didn't sort out anyhow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chillaxed

guest87 wrote: »
    chillaxed you said you had a frenulum tear prosuming during sex. my frenulum seems quiet tight even though i can retract the foreskin over the head, just wondering could you retract the foreskin that far.

Yep, it happened during sex. Rather unpleasant experience. Both my frenulum and foreskin were quite tight. I could never retract the foreskin fully

Can't believe was a week today since surgery... feels like an eternity.

Not much to report on healing front - much the same except a couple more stitches popped out.

Right-handside of join seems to have sealed very well - and most of stitches have gone from there.

The left-handside is slightly open with some whitish stuff around it, which I presume is lymph?

No real pain, little bit of sensitivity. Still have to mind him, and ignore the bonners.

My main observation after a week - for anyone who will be getting this done - is that the worst thing about having it done is the endless waiting for it to fully heal.

As someone else said earlier - its a waiting game.

circ wrote: »
    Can't believe was a week today since surgery... feels like an eternity.

Not much to report on healing front - much the same except a couple more stitches popped out.

Right-handside of join seems to have sealed very well - and most of stitches have gone from there.

The left-handside is slightly open with some whitish stuff around it, which I presume is lymph?

No real pain, little bit of sensitivity. Still have to mind him, and ignore the bonners.

My main observation after a week - for anyone who will be getting this done - is that the worst thing about having it done is the endless waiting for it to fully heal.

As someone else said earlier - its a waiting game.

Same heer circ....a week today ... who'd have thhought ;)

I do have a bit thats red and slightly swollen about the scar...so presumably a slight infection???.....anything I should do ???

Feck all stitches have come out though :o

Zipppy wrote: »
    I do have a bit thats red and slightly swollen about the scar...so presumably a slight infection???.....anything I should do ???
    Feck all stitches have come out though :o

I have the same thing on parts of the scar line too Zippy, although it looks like a tiny infection I suspect it is just the body healing? And I read on another thread elsewhere that the lymph forms yellow-whitish stuff that can almost be mistake for infection, but it is natural.

So unless mine starts hurting or weeping I'm just going to let my body heal it and presume its par for the course, hopefully I'm right!

About a third of my stitches have come out, but from what I can tell peoples' cuts can vary as can how it is sown up and the type of stitch used. So it may not be that unusual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

still don't know what to do on the circ situation. my foreskin now goes back easily when flaccid and can be pulled back when erect but there is a strain on the frenulum.

ive to see my doctor next week so might see what he thinks about frenuoplasty.

also don't really know what to do to get rid of the sensitivity on the glans as its still covered by the foreskin most of the time unless its pulled back, would anyone suggest leaving it pulled back in the underwear while i go about my day??

OK guys need soem advice here :(

Day 9..all is good except...

1) Scar line is sore all across the front and looks a bit red and raised....hasnt really been sore up to now but since yesterday it is ..
    2) Very littel stitches appear to have come out as yet .. is this normal?

???

Zip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭norrie_1001

Hi all, I've been following this thread for a while now.
    Same issues as most here.

Considering the private clinic option as it seems much faster.
    Does anyone know of any in the munster area?

PM me if ye do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rolandweary

Thought it might be useful to give a bit of an update seeing as I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you guys. So Wednesday was exactly a month and the progress in that 4th week was remarkable. Sensitivity is almost sorted, all the scarring is pretty much healed up. Obviously there's a noticeable colour difference in the skin but this should even out over time.

By now I'd forget it had been done at all except when I take a sudden turn or have to squat or something like that, and even then its nothing too bad.

I think what's been said here a few times is true, you just need to be patient and everything will be fine. It seems that while the timeframe for the different stages of healing are broadly the same there are always going to be differences between individuals so I wouldn't be too concerned if you're not at the same stage as someone else here after the same time.

1) Scar line is sore all across the front and looks a bit red and raised....hasnt really been sore up to now but since yesterday it is ..

???

Zip

I had the same thing with the scar line. Turns out it was being caused by the stitches working themselves out. My stitches only really came out after 2/3 weeks and once they were gone I was grand again. So at day 9 it's still early days.

I had the same thing with the scar line. Turns out it was being caused by the stitches working themselves out. My stitches only really came out after 2/3 weeks and once they were gone I was grand again. So at day 9 it's still early days.

Thanks for that ... puts my mind somewhat at ease :)

Day 9, although now over was I believe a bit of a turning point in the healing process... I have about one quarter of the stiches left and the scar line that was red and still a bit raw is still red but seems to have healed over quite a bit in the last 24 hours.

I started taking salt baths yesterday for the first time and have found them good too. Had just plain water baths before - no soap products,

But yeah there seems to be a noticable difference in the healing of the join, so I think the worst is over and day 9 was a pivotal point in the recovery.

All good.

Best of luck to everyone else recovering.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Nip The Tip

???

Zip

I'd recommend being patient, you know, chill out relax pay your income tax :).
    I freaked out a couple of times too :o, like when I had the haematoma (which disappeared) and then again with the bumpy ridges (sewn up veins which smoothened out) and once again when I realised the lad was a bit shorter than before (which returned to normal after) :pac:
    So it appears to be normal to get worried over things. Those things sound normal to me

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ohdatlewis

Hi as I stated earlier I'm planning on getting the job done mid June. just wondering how long I will need to take off work for recovery after?
    My work is quite physical and active so I'll need to be well up to pace.

Day 11..

About 1/3 of stitches gone...sore/uncomfortable on touch where stiches are still there...but all is good where stitches are gone :o

Really love it but need recovery to be faster :rolleyes:

ohdatlewis wrote: »
    Hi as I stated earlier I'm planning on getting the job done mid June. just wondering how long I will need to take off work for recovery after?
    My work is quite physical and active so I'll need to be well up to pace.

I would suggest 10 days.

All going great - I have only had two stitches left for the last few days.

Can't believe how well it is going, except for one stitch and the frenulum which is good but still healing.

Sensitivity is all but gone on the glands.

Advice to anyone getting it done:

ASK your sugeon/consultant detailed questions

From how long to have off work to when you can expect to have sex make a list and ask for detaled answers from your surgeon.

Everyone's cut will be slightly different and as such so could their healing, sticthes can be made from different material, so important to get specific info off your surgeon relating to yourself.

Other than that the information here is great.

• Advertisement

circ wrote: »
    All going great - I have only had two stitches left for the last few days.

Can't believe how well it is going, except for one stitch and the frenulum which is good but still healing.

Sensitivity is all but gone on the glands.

Advice to anyone getting it done:

From how long to have off work to when you can expect to have sex make a list and ask for detaled answers from your surgeon.

Everyone's cut will be slightly different and as such so could their healing, sticthes can be made from different material, so important to get specific info off your surgeon relating to yourself.

Other than that the information here is great.

Ya fecker :rolleyes:

I still have about 20 stitches left ... must be cos my scar line is so much longer then yours circ LOL...only messing :p

I think I need to take longer baths...how long are you soaking for ??

where stitches are gone is almost fully healed...

Sensitivity also is almost gone..full erections have been achieved :D but pulling a bit on remaining stitches so a wee bit uncomfortable :(

Advertisement