Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 circ

Zipppy wrote: »
    Ya fecker :rolleyes:

I still have about 20 stitches left ... must be cos my scar line is so much longer then yours circ LOL...only messing :p

I think I need to take longer baths...how long are you soaking for ??

Approx 30 mins Zippy, but I don't think it's the baths, I suspect it is the stitches themselves, do you know what yours were made of? Mine were made of vicryl.

I don't know about your scar line being longer than mine, but maybe the speed of my stitches coming out had something to do with them knocking against my ankle? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

circ wrote: »
    Approx 30 mins Zippy, but I don't think it's the baths, I suspect it is the stitches themselves, do you know what yours were made of? Mine were made of vicryl.

I don't know about your scar line being longer than mine, but maybe the speed of my stitches coming out had something to do with them knocking against my ankle? ;)
    Sorry to hear about your troubles circ..................it's a terrible thung that extremely short leg syndrome lol

Few more stitches came out in bath this eve...13 left :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭westskipper

ohdatlewis wrote: »
    Hi as I stated earlier I'm planning on getting the job done mid June. just wondering how long I will need to take off work for recovery after?
    My work is quite physical and active so I'll need to be well up to pace.

I've gone through this procedure twice and on each occasion i was back at work on the third day after. No Problems. I was cycling to work on my bike a week after. This is entirely possible, i am no special individual in any way.

I had the same thing with the scar line. Turns out it was being caused by the stitches working themselves out. My stitches only really came out after 2/3 weeks and once they were gone I was grand again. So at day 9 it's still early days.

Day 13..two weeks tomorrow since op... Still about a dozen stitches left :( Frenulum area getting a wee bit swollen again..think its cos of damned stitches.. where stitches have gone is nicely healed with a tint scar line :) Just wish the rest of the feckers woudl come loose now..has a longggggg bath last night and a few came out so same again tonight (I'll be washed away lol) So is 2-3 weeks ok and normal for remainder of stitches to fall out??? circ .. how you getting on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I've gone through this procedure twice and on each occasion i was back at work on the third day after. No Problems. I was cycling to work on my bike a week after. This is entirely possible, i am no special individual in any way.
    Ou contraire, mon amie. Anybody needing two circs is a very special individual:D.LOL
    But how/why 2 circs:confused: or did i misunderstand the post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 scared_silly

Day 28.

I had my follow up with the surgeon this morning. All good, she pulled out the last 2 stitches and i'm now stitch-free and cleared to go back to all regular activities.

I still cover the scar with a light bandage when im out and about because although the stiches are all gone, a small bit of blood seeps out onto the bandage and the scar is somewhat sore to touch in certain places. Dr said that be gone in the next week or so. My glands are still pretty sensitive so i'll prob keep the bandage on till that goes away, no idea how long that'll take.

The scar doesnt even look that bad and it gets better every day so i'd say in a couple of weeks there'll be only a small bit of evidence of the procedure. The difference in skin colour isn't that not noticable, certainly nothing abnormal.

So all in all, 4 weeks in and 99% back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 scared_silly

Funny incident to share about my time in recovery.

I went out one saturday night about 17 days or so after the surgery so my lad was well wrapped up and in no way in ready for some lovin.

So im at the bar of this nighclub with about 30 mins to go in d nite and im ordering a drink at the side on my own. A girl comes up behind me, without saying a word, puts her arm around me and starts rubbing my lad with her leg under the counter.

I'm left there, stareing at her with a WTF? look on my face. Not WTF? as in "WTF do you think you are doing?" but more "WTF, how come this never happens when i dont have stitches in my cock!?!?"

I say nothing and she eventualy stops and walks away, with her own WTF look on her face.

She was pretty cute aswell....damn, lol

Day 28.

I had my follow up with the surgeon this morning. All good, she pulled out the last 2 stitches and i'm now stitch-free and cleared to go back to all regular activities.

I still cover the scar with a light bandage when im out and about because although the stiches are all gone, a small bit of blood seeps out onto the bandage and the scar is somewhat sore to touch in certain places. Dr said that be gone in the next week or so. My glands are still pretty sensitive so i'll prob keep the bandage on till that goes away, no idea how long that'll take.

The scar doesnt even look that bad and it gets better every day so i'd say in a couple of weeks there'll be only a small bit of evidence of the procedure. The difference in skin colour isn't that not noticable, certainly nothing abnormal.

So all in all, 4 weeks in and 99% back to normal.

Day 28 seems a long time for stitches still in and I thought covering was bad ???

One stitch left in fernulum area.

I had another one on the top but I got at it today, and it came out - I could see that the skin was healing around it and it was serving no purpose, other than annoying me.

The stitch in the fernulum area can stay there as that is still healing.

All great other than that, virtually no sensitivity at all.

Healing very well.

I never bandaged mine tbh - just let the lad get used to everything.

I did have to velcro him to my calf to stop him swinging around but that's another story! ;)

I went out one saturday night about 17 days or so after the surgery so my lad was well wrapped up and in no way in ready for some lovin.

So im at the bar of this nighclub with about 30 mins to go in d nite and im ordering a drink at the side on my own. A girl comes up behind me, without saying a word, puts her arm around me and starts rubbing my lad with her leg under the counter.

I'm left there, stareing at her with a WTF? look on my face. Not WTF? as in "WTF do you think you are doing?" but more "WTF, how come this never happens when i dont have stitches in my cock!?!?"

I say nothing and she eventualy stops and walks away, with her own WTF look on her face.

You really should stop drinking pints of absinthe scared silly. ;)

• Advertisement

5live wrote: »
    Ou contraire, mon amie. Anybody needing two circs is a very special individual:D.LOL
    But how/why 2 circs:confused: or did i misunderstand the post?

originally i had a very tight frenulum and tight phimosis. The surgeon didnt want to chance taking too much off, in case he over did it, the emphasis was on relieving the two problem areas. however after a few months when everything settled down and stretched a bit, the end effect was that of a very loose circ, which i didnt really fancy and wasnt too comfortable with. So i got it re-circed to tighten it up to a shorter tighter circ result which i now much prefer - and its the best thing i ever did, would never go back, its the only way to go.

Two weeks today... Mad question here... 10 stitches left out of about 45 :-) They are driving me mad..all else is healing up very fast but these stitches are holding back overall healing.. Consultant is in surgery today so gonna buzz him in morn and see can I get in to see him to have the feckers removed..but that would probably be a week away.. Could I make an appointment with my GP for tomorrow to have him remove these? What ye reckon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Lads - no medical advice please - zippy give the doc a call and ask him what he thinks, my advice would be to be patient and see where you are in another week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Stu

I had the OP done today, a frenectomy and partial circumcision where there was a slight tightening of the foreskin around the tip but nothing major, the ideal solution for me anyway and haven't felt any pain since having the OP done this morning although i'm sure that it will be more sensitive once i take the bandaging off tomorrow and have a bath.

I have the option of getting a full circ down the line but the Urologist told me its unlikely i will need any further surgery and told me healing time would be around 2 to 3 weeks with a follow up meeting in a months time to check that everything ok.

All in all, i'm very happy that i went with my own gut instinct after researching things and get to keep most of my foreskin without any of the problems of having a tight Foreskin/Frenulum. I'll give an update in a few weeks of how things look and more importantly how differently my penis functions when i get back in action :D.

For anybody whos worried about getting a circ or anything in-between, don't be, its actually a minor op and i was in and out of hospital within 4 hours and have been walking around with only a slight bit of discomfort so far, nothing i won't be able to handle in the coming weeks.

Day 17....

All stitches are out (probably something to do with me trying to roll them out on every bath...)..
    Sides are almost fully healed with neat wee scar....front is red,raided a bit, and a bit lumpy..kinda wonder is there still bits of stitch inside ....but nought I can do about that but wait.....

So all is all ..nearly there....................

Oh and I managed to find some 'release' thsi morning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Nip The Tip

Sod's law!! :pac:

Circ's very quiet LOL

Zipppy wrote: »
    Circ's very quiet LOL

Not much to report Zippy.

All much the same... the scarline is going great... the frenulum is still healing and slightly swollen and I have one bit of a stitch in the side of the frenulum lumpy bit (it's a funny one without a knot, it was just a thread, one end has now popped out).

Slight soreness every now and again on the frenulum.

Other than that all great - loving it!

As for release - day 9!

Not much to report Zippy.

As for release - day 9!

You kept that one quiet lol

Yep loving it here too... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Iceman aka Bobby Drake

Hey lads quick question... Ive done the doctor visits and went the urologist appointment.. Was told since i was goin public it would be a few months! found out im actually still covered on VHi plan.... so my question is how can i go private instead of public.... wanna get it done quicker! a mate who went for an appointment last week is having his done private in like 3 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 livindublin

Went to the GP 2 weeks ago after dreading it for about 3 years!!! Went in, wasn't as bad as I thought. He sent a referral letter to a consultant. Got no response. Eventually called the hospital today, which they said "Yes, we haven't sent you an appointment as there is a 2 year waiting list to see the consultant."

Couldn't believe it. I have VHI also so can't understand what's going on. Bit of an anti-climax as I thought I'd at least have met a Consultant or have an appointment at least. Lads, can someone pm me with the details of who ye went to or saw. After putting this off for years now, I'm eager to just go ahead with the procedure.

I have VHI, which apparently covers me for the procedure in any public hospital.

Any healp is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

3 week mark in the morning... Scar healing up
    quickly... All is good... Intend resuming full service in next day or
    so....

Happy camper :)

Thanks to all on here for advice and encouragement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Iceman aka Bobby Drake

Hey everyone... just got the call! My OP is on monday morning... kinda bricking it but cant wait to get it over with!

just some questions need answering does anyone know how much roughly it would cost.. im goin public! and how long did you take off work! i was thinking about 3-4 days? to little?

Any help would be great :)

Hey everyone... just got the call! My OP is on monday morning... kinda bricking it but cant wait to get it over with!

just some questions need answering does anyone know how much roughly it would cost.. im goin public! and how long did you take off work! i was thinking about 3-4 days? to little?

Any help would be great :)

Mine was free under VHI so cant answer that bit but I was done on a thursday (today three weeks ago in fact :)) and back in work on monday...not a bother .. As for bricking it....not at all..you'll LOVE it..I do...I'm thrilled I did it...really like the look of it ... Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm a mum and just came across this thread and I'm hoping you lads can offer me advice please - I was going to start my own thread in parenting, and just spotted this one.

Im single by the way, so can't ask my sons dad about this, or get another male to have a look.
    Briefly, I have an 8yr old boy, whos foreskin completely covers his penis. It seems like alot of skin to me, although he's never complained or gotten any infections. Doctors have seen his penis in general check-ups (when he had a kidney infection and some bowel problems for example) and none ever commented to me that he might need to be circumcised.

Recently, he commented to that he had seen 2 of his mates willys in the urinal and that his looks completely different! He said they have like a 'head' on them - these lads, I would imagine, have probably been circumcised. I'm tempted to bring him to the GP to see if it's something he might need done, and would rather he had it done while he still young.

Early morning, when he wakes with an erection, which has started to happen every morning lately, the skin still isn't completely over the shaft - i.e. I still can't see the actual head of it.

What should I do, if anything? Thanks for reading and apologies if I'm hijacking this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Hey guys, it was literally one year ago today I posted this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66075418

Well, I've been circumcised for over 2 months now! IT IS AMAZING I AM SO HAPPY. I'm all healed up, just waiting for the scar to lessen some more. All I can is if you need it, do it, now. It is genuinely the best thing I have ever done. My confidence has been boosted - never mind the physical aspects. Didn't cost me a penny by the way (VHI).

I am another delighted circumcised guy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm a mum and just came across this thread and I'm hoping you lads can offer me advice please - I was going to start my own thread in parenting, and just spotted this one.

Im single by the way, so can't ask my sons dad about this, or get another male to have a look.
    Briefly, I have an 8yr old boy, whos foreskin completely covers his penis. It seems like alot of skin to me, although he's never complained or gotten any infections. Doctors have seen his penis in general check-ups (when he had a kidney infection and some bowel problems for example) and none ever commented to me that he might need to be circumcised.

Recently, he commented to that he had seen 2 of his mates willys in the urinal and that his looks completely different! He said they have like a 'head' on them - these lads, I would imagine, have probably been circumcised. I'm tempted to bring him to the GP to see if it's something he might need done, and would rather he had it done while he still young.

Early morning, when he wakes with an erection, which has started to happen every morning lately, the skin still isn't completely over the shaft - i.e. I still can't see the actual head of it.

What should I do, if anything? Thanks for reading and apologies if I'm hijacking this thread.

Dunno how you managed to get any of this out of your son O_O

I'd take him to a doctor and ask about it if you're particularly worried.

The foreskin mightn't detach till his mid-teens so it can be hard to determine how necessary the op would be, but it'd probably be easier to get him to agree to the op while he's younger.

Just do me a favour, explain to him what's happening, no one did with me, and I still resent that a little.....

To be honest, it doesnt sound like there's anything wrong with your little lads's willy, and thats how most irish GPs are likely to view the situation also. The medical culture in ireland is opposed to circumcision unlness there are medical reasons, and (especially in children) surgery which is not deemed medically necessary is not likely to be entertained. This is not one of the countries that consider routine childhood circumcision to be a common elective procedure, and the relatively small number of ethnic and religious groups that routinely circumcise children for religious reasons (Jewish and Muslem faiths etc) do so within their own community network, not via the health system.
    A 8 year old boy with a bunch of foreskin at the end of the penis but without symptoms of infections or discomfort may not convince a GP that there is a medical reason to circumcise. Adult men with the same condition do not automatically need circumcision either, unless there is a history of phimosis, infection, etc. However an adult electing for private surgery for personal reasons will be treated differently to a child being submitted for 'elective' surgery in the irish health system as there is mature consent of the individual involved.
    As others have said, seek medical opinion, but dont be surprised if the suggestion is to wait until after puberty at least.

Just over 3 weeks after the circ.

Penis skin is slightly swelled and hardening around the scar line - I suspect this is a natural part of the healing process - is this the norm for people who have gone before me?

Frenulum still raised but healing - I have one stitch still present there, it doesn't have a knot but just sticks out, like a piece of fishing line, wish it would fall out.

Skin on glands reddened the last few days and started peeling again.

Other than that all great - I'm happy out. :)

To the mother who posted a question earlier about her son - if you are concerened go to a doctor.

To the poster who said it would be a two year waiting list to see a consultant, check that out - that sounds disgraceful. If you are in need of seeing a consultant and they are telling you it will take 2 years publically then get onto your TD and complain If its two years because you're not urgent then ignore my suggestion.

Edit - I see you have VHI, contact your local private clinic.

• Advertisement

Just over 3 weeks after the circ.

Penis skin is slightly swelled and hardening around the scar line - I suspect this is a natural part of the healing process - is this the norm for people who have gone before me?

Frenulum still raised but healing - I have one stitch still present there, it doesn't have a knot but just sticks out, like a piece of fishing line, wish it would fall out.

Skin on glands reddened the last few days and started peeling again.

Other than that all great - I'm happy out. :)

To the mother who posted a question earlier about her son - if you are concerened go to a doctor.

To the poster who said it would be a two year waiting list to see a consultant, check that out - that sounds disgraceful. If you are in need of seeing a consultant and they are telling you it will take 2 years publically then get onto your TD and complain If its two years because you're not urgent then ignore my suggestion.

Edit - I see you have VHI, contact your local private clinic.

Hi Circ

Yeah slightly swollen and slightly red about scar here to...but little to concern tho....
    Otehrwise perfect...no peeling at all...

Did the 'bold' thing last night...gently mind but there was no problem... :rolleyes:

So kinda done at this stage...just wait as the scar line heals more over teh weeks...

Would ya not just pull that last stitch out???

Advertisement