Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nickknock28

DAY 4:
    Had a better sleep last night, first night with no bandage. Woke up twice with the start of an erection but quickly stopped it before it hurt. Woke up to find no bleeding at all which was a good start, but penis is still swollen and bruised to hell. Spent the whole day on my bed with nothing on below to just air things out. Glans seems less sensative today, didnt feel much if the tip brushed the inside of my leg etc. The only place that is sensative is where the stitches are, if they touch anything its a little painful.

Also when i stand up the swelling makes the stitches ache a bit but i guess that fade as the swelling does.

Going to the toilet is better, still sitting and still a bit of sprinkler action but but it soon turns into a normal stream.

Can start to see the stitches more now, everything looks neat and tidy. Starting to itch more now so guess they're healing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Nip The Tip

ah you're reminding me of this time last year, i went through all the same stuff :)

Its such a relief reading these past posts from others like yourself. Knowing everything will be ok. Bit worried im still really brusied and swollen on one side :/ Got a bag of peas on it now to help things along.

DAY 5:
    Ok bit of a mixed day today. Woke up as usual, 3 erections in the night but ive learnt to now sleep with one hand on the base of my penis so I can keep it down when the erection comes on and stops it going fully enlarged. Helps alot.
    Woke up, no blood, things looked pretty much the same as the night before. Still very bruised and swollen shaft on the right (but did seem to be slighty smaller). Decided to take a salt bath to start the day which was a little tender on the glans but once under didnt hurt. Stayed in for about 10 minutes and then patted myself dry..but then i noticed blood dripping to the floor..i was gutted, felt so angry but then remembered that the stitched frenulum area takes longer to heal and sometimes can bleed a little. So i wrapped my fella up in a very loose bandage and laid down for 15 minutes. The bleeding soon stopped, hardly any blood at all.
    Decided to take a close look at my stitches and noticed i can now see them on the right where they were previously hidden by the swelling, means its going down i hope :)
    Laid on my bed for an hour or so with a bag of peas on the bruised area, was a very soothing sensation.

Girlfriend came over to keep my company but put me on edge regarding erections. She wanted to curl up and cuddle but I had to keep my distance, starting to get a bit horny now, But no way am I rushing anything, im too scared to even sneeze!
    So rest of the day was pretty normal penis wise. Slight itching in random stitch points and on the glans where the skin is shedding, seem to be healing well and overall im rather happy with how things are looking.

Now onto the worst point of the day. For the 1st time in my 28 years I have bad constipation due to the general anesthetic and painkillers. Felt like i had to go number 2 so pushed and pushed but nothing came out and when i gave up and stood up it felt like there was a pole up my bum. The pain faded over the course of 30mins and I took 2 gentle laxative tablets which kicked in about 6 hours later. Tried going again and managed a small poop but still very painful, almost in tears. Hoping that a bit of walking over the next couple of days and plenty of water will get things moving again.

Until tomorrow!!

Day 6:
    Ok woke up at around 8am, had numerous erections in the night but quickly held them back using my jedi mind tricks :D
    Things didnt look too different that the night before, no new blood spots which was a plus and the bruising has begun to fade! Hoorah! Took a no-salt bath and gave the fella a soak, still a bit tender under water. Girlfriend said shes take me on a drive today to get some air so i wrapped him in some gauze and put on some lose shorts. Still very tender and had to keep the front of my shorts pushed out with my hands in he pockets, must have looked like a right weirdo haha.
    After a short walk in the park I came home and noticed there was a small bit of blood on the bandage, it didnt look dark and was quitle likely just a bit of juice of my fremulum scab. I removed the bandage but pulled off a bit of the scab, DOH! Small bit of blood but not enough to drop. Still looks quite gory on the underside.

Had a slight panic attack when i thought the skin below the stitches, where my swollen bump is had gone infected but turned out to be just paler skin. Still quite concerned about this hardish bump i have though. It dosent seem to have gone down much and is a bit sore/painful to press. I iced it and the rest of my shaft skin went down but this stayed and i could see very dark brusied skin in the center. If it dosent start to fade over the next few days a trip to my GP might be in order.

Oh and i had many poops today so no more constipation :D

Update tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭BigProblem

How long are you off work for?

Going to need to get operation and was wondering what is the normal amount of time you would need before you go back to work? I work in an office so it aint manual labour

Well i work from home running my own business but right now im still unable to move about very much. Still hurts when the stitches touch clothing. At my current rate of healing id say after 2 weeks things should have settled down enough. No way could I spend all day in trousers right now. The stitches are pulling a bit now, cant wait until they start coming out.

Well i work from home running my own business but right now im still unable to move about very much. Still hurts when the stitches touch clothing. At my current rate of healing id say after 2 weeks things should have settled down enough. No way could I spend all day in trousers right now. The stitches are pulling a bit now, cant wait until they start coming out.

cheers man, have to meet consultant on fri week do fingers crossed

No worries! Hope everything goes well for you.

DAY 7:
    Today didnt start off too good, woke up at 4am after an erection and my frenulum was a bit stingy. Was tried to wait it out but didnt stop so took some painkillers which did the trick. Woke up again at 9am after a nice deep sleep and no pain, and no blood. Took a salt bath which stung a little but after a few seconds was fine. A few scabs came away from the frenulum and revelaed a nice neat bit of stitching, glad to see as i was a bit worried about the look of that area.
    Rest of the day spent naked from the waist down, stitch line still too sensitive for clothing :( Cant wait for these buggers to start coming out. I can feel my skin pushin against them and after a while makes my penis ache. looks like a string of suasages.
    Glans is still peeling and after touching it all over with my finger is alot less sensative now.
    Brusing has gone down a little but im still quite blue at the base and a little underneath.
    Everything looks to be healing fine though. Only area im concerned about is the buldge on the right near the stichline. Its still swollen and quite sore to press on. No oozing or redness though, just a sore buldge. The stitches near it too are quite sore. No sign of infection though so ill see how it goes.

Just want these stitches to start falling out!!!! :D

DAY 8
    Woke up a few times in the night from a few erections. Some of them a bit painful, can really feel them tugging at the stitches. Have to check after each one im all still intact :) Bruising on my shaft had gone down a little more. Whole thing is still a little puffy though.
    Apart from that pretty much the same as yesterday. Stitches still making the cut area ache a bit. The slight swelling between each stitch makes them look like a string of sausages haha.
    Had a bath, think i soaked for too long as the frenulum scab bled a tiny bit again. Gunna bathe everyother day now, and not soak for as long. Wore underwear for the 1st time in a few days, feels a bit more comfortable but still hurts a little when the stitches/skin bumps between them touch material.
    Keep having itching and slight pricking sensations around the stitches. Hope this means they're almost healed.

Update tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 livindublin

2 weeks?? :(

I got my appointment today for the end of November. Only thing is that this and December is our busiest time at work and annual leave is strictly forbidden during these months. I was hoping I could maybe take thurs, fri (+ weekend) off with cert and be back at work on Monday. Does anybody who had this done think this is anyway feasible? I know I can get a medical cert but no way this would go down well at work if I was off for a week or so.......

Bit depressing I've been waiting over a year for this and I might now have to cancel over my bloddy job:mad::mad: I work in an office and won't be moving about much. Does anybody think having it done on a Thurs and being in work Monday morning would be in anyway doable?

Cheers lads

Today is day 9 for me and i was able to wear tightish underwear and normal trousers just about without any great discomfort for the first time. But it changes from person to person. Ive heard some guys back at work in a matter of days.

DAY 9
    Woke up around 9ish after the morning glory. Was a bit painful again but im learning to stop myself before it gets too bad. Was able to wear underwear without a bandage on myself for the 1st time today. Wasnt too bad, just still a little sore where the stitches are. Avoided having a bath today as the frenulum scab is looking nice and didnt want to disturb its healing. Girlfriend took me out in the car and i was able to walk (although a bit like id wet myself) around a shop for a bit. Had a scary moments where i thought i felt a trickle of liquid in my pants but when i checked at home was nothing. Stupid worrying imagination. Hopefully the healing process has kicked into full gear now.

Oh and 2 very exciting events I forgot to mention. Took my first standing whizz today and also noticed some stitches have come out. :D

DAY 10
    Another night of rather painful erections. Woke up and took a look at my fella and notices that the stitched area thats half hidden by the weird painful lump i have looks very sore. Turns out it is extremely tender to the touch. I didnt want to just sit around at home worrying so i took a trip to AnE where i was passed onto their urology department (which i was very happy about). Turns out my surgeons stitching method which is very good at sealing wounds was a little too good and I had a bit of bleeding occur under the skin which couldnt escape. Was told this should fade over the next few weeks. Had a blood test which came back infection free but still been put on a course of antibiotics for safe measure. Apart from that problem area everything else is looking good, few more stitches came out today. Just got to look to the future and how great itll be when everythings back to normal. Cant bloody wait at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Nip The Tip

nickknock, i lol'd at your posts :D
    everything you write seems to be the same as what i went through, if that's any consolation. except i think the lump i had at the stitch line wasn't sore, just solid and big? turned out to be the vein knotted up, it went away completely over time. don't remember it being sore though.

Haha yes thats some comfort to me. I just hate sitting about worrying about it all. Great hearing the experts yesterday tell me everything is fine. I think the lump is sore as when i press it it kinda pushes into where the stitches are. Still some sore points on the cut line where they have buldged between the tight stitches, but i guess theyll go down as the swelling does.

DAY 11
    Had a nice long sleep until about 5. After that i got an erection every hour which sometimes hurt due to my newly diagnosed hematoma. Not too bothersome though. Bruising is fading by the day and a couple more stitches came out. Swollen inner foreskin is still a little tender, esp where the tight stitches were. Frenulum area is healing nicely, still very sensative but it looking healthy.

DAY 12
    Most comfortable sleep yet! Can move around alot more in bed now without worrying about any sensative parts hitting my leg etc. Not too much change today apart from bruising has gone down alot and the frenulum scab has begun to wear away :) Still got 90% of my stitches. Noticed that a few of the tight stitch bumps have begun to dry out and peel. Guess that means they're healing up. Walking about in boxers and pajama bottoms is alot more comfortable. Almost all sensitivity in the glans has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

I have to say that I'm amazed that some guys do this from choice!
    If I had some awful disease I might see the point but jaysus, it sounds like a nightmare to me!

DAY 13
    Another great sleeps last night. Bruising almost totally gone now few small scabs around the stitched area falling off. frenulum scab itching a bit and small bits have fallen away where its rubbed on my underwear. Things seem to be healing nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

Paulownia
    I think that most of the men here who arranged for themselves to get circumcised had endured years of pain because of their foreskins.
    They are adults and I guess they were fully informed of any downsides of the surgery before consenting to it. I hope that they had attempted conservative treatments before resorting to surgery.

What concerns me is that the men here who have had their problems fixed by circumcision may feel inclined to have their new born sons circumcised as a preventative measure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Iderown wrote: »
    Paulownia
    I think that most of the men here who arranged for themselves to get circumcised had endured years of pain because of their foreskins.
    They are adults and I guess they were fully informed of any downsides of the surgery before consenting to it. I hope that they had attempted conservative treatments before resorting to surgery.

What concerns me is that the men here who have had their problems fixed by circumcision may feel inclined to have their new born sons circumcised as a preventative measure.
    Why would we do that? Its not definate that they will suffer from phimosis as less than 10% of men do. It is a fairly extreme position to lop off part of a childs anatomy to avoid a 10% chance of something that can be corrected by a minor surgical procedure in later years when a problem can be diagnosed. I have 3 sons and no way on earth would i consent to routine circumcision for a problem that may not exist for any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

Thank you for the reply and the reassurance, 5live. I'm sure that neo-natal circumcision would not be available for the asking in Ireland nowadays. Would it?
    Maybe this is getting a bit far from the purpose of the thead. Mods - delete, or modify, if you think fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Great thread thanks for posting - i have a very tight forskin, needing an operation.

I was told i was getting a Dorsal Slit and not a circ. I have read that the dorsal slit leaves an untidy gathering of skin under the gland. Is this true?

I was hoping for a nice tidy looking willy afterwards and I have seen examples of this extra skin kinda hanging from the base of the gland and it look terrible....

Has any one had a dorsal slit???

Cheers!

DAY 14 AND 15

Sorry for my lack of an update yesterday, fell asleep before I could post. Things still healing nicely. Being able to sleep on my front joined with nighttime erections no longer bothering me means im sleeping alot better. Took a bath today and had a pick at a few scabs and stitches. Really hard not to yank on them all, bit worried theyll leave scars and marks if i do. Got to be patient like when a tattoo is healing :) Walking around fine again, wearing trousers and underwear is no bother. Cant believe how far ive come in 2 weeks!

went to see consultant today and i need the circumsion so. said i could get it done in the next few weeks but im putting it off till Jan wont be able to take afew weeks off work now at such short notice. Not looking forward to the pain after operation :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

BigProblem wrote: »
    went to see consultant today and i need the circumsion so. said i could get it done in the next few weeks but im putting it off till Jan wont be able to take afew weeks off work now at such short notice. Not looking forward to the pain after operation :eek:

I guarantee you it won't be as bad in reality as it is in your head.

tbh wrote: »
    I guarantee you it won't be as bad in reality as it is in your head.

i hope not but nicknock28 account is pretty raw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

BigProblem wrote: »
    i hope not but nicknock28 account is pretty raw :)

:D I'm pretty sure he'll tell you it's worth it tho, It's more uncomfortable than sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Its more like a bad bruise than anything else. In 4 or 5 days you will be walking around like normal, instead of like John Wayne, pard'ner;)

• Advertisement

Oh yes im so glad i had it done! Im still healing but things are alot better now and really like the look of my penis, even with half disolved stitches etc :) The problem with me is that im a worrier. The 1st week after the op was hell for me as i was just worrying all the time at every little thing, but now im over the worst i feel alot better. Its a bit scary seeing your new member all bruised and bloody but its amazing how the body recovers. Its true what ive read countless times before, the healing really kicks in after a week.

DAYs 16 and 17
    Ok im going to start my updates every 2 days now. Day 16 was pretty normal. Took a bath and had a pick at a few more lose scabs and stitches. The frenulum scab is still quite thick so i wont be tugging on that anytime soon, just gunna let nature (and my underwear) wear that away slowley :) The following night was my 1st night of interupted sleep!! I woke up though to find some old dry blood on the stitch line. I wasnt too worried as it was only a little. Think i had an erection in the night which loosened a scab and it bled a little, just like when you pick a scab on your arm too soon. Took another bath and washed it all away, everything looks fine still. Inner foreskin swelling is going down now and my hematoma lump looks a little smaller too. All in all im feeling pretty good about the whole thing. Dying to give it test drive now but must be patient. Dont want to ruin all this healing by rushing into anything.

Advertisement