Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dura01

will keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Day 21

Had the odd **** during the week, that first one after a 15 day drought felt UNREAL. The skin is still peeling on the glands a bit but that's about it.

But yeah all going well still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I went before to urologist in Beaumont regarding circumcision, i put it off to see if any other stretching etc would work. No joy and im going back next week. I think i need a freunoplasty rather than circumcision. I can retract my foreskin fully when not erect, when i am erect i can pull the foreskin down 1/5th of the head. It only seems to stop because of small banjo string rather than tightness.

When i was in beamount last time i was told they would only do a circumcision, are my options simply to go along or does anyone have advice on how to handle the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mister R wrote: »
    Day 21

Had the odd **** during the week, that first one after a 15 day drought felt UNREAL. The skin is still peeling on the glands a bit but that's about it.

But yeah all going well still.

That's the bit I don't like about being circumcised. The whole 'process' is a lot more effort and I find it very hard without lube of some sort

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ronano wrote: »
    IWhen i was in beamount last time i was told they would only do a circumcision, are my options simply to go along or does anyone have advice on how to handle the situation?
    Get another opinion and keep seeking another opinion until you find one that starts from the principle of doing the least intervention possible to achieve a good result. A plastic surgeon may be an option? Earlier in this thread, though god knows how earlier :) I referenced a mate who had a banjo string problem and his first few doctors were all for the full circumcision and weren't interested in trying anything else. The fourth doc he went to suggested a banjo snip and stitch and he was sorted.

Now large caveat here people differ and you could well be in a very different situation, but the more opinions you get and the more information you have the better. Goes for any medical issue. In the end they may well be right and that's what you need, but you will have at least exhausted the options by seeking more opinions.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Thanks for the reply Wibb :)

My problem is i'm on the social, cant afford private so it's all public but will keep it in mind.

anyone who has had a freunoplasty public, what hospitals?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In case anyone is reading this thead at the moment and wondering/worrying about current public waiting times:

My OH got referred from our GP and was waiting about 3 -4 months for an appointment with the urologist in St Vincents. Once he saw the urologist, he got a letter with an appointment for the circumcision. The time between his urologist appointment and surgery date is 9 weeks. We would have paid to go private if the wait was really long but imo, that's a pretty good waiting time. We only have to pay a €75 bed fee.

His surgery is coming up soon so it's been great to read this thread and know what I need to do to look after him afterwards! Thanks for sharing everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi folks,

I had my circumcision last summer, as I had phimosis, and was never able to climax from ordinary penetrative sex. Since then, I've had sex a few times, and sometimes I am able to climax, and sometimes not. It is certainly an improvement on my sex life pre-circumcision. I find it much easier to climax when I do not use a condom; however, this is not something I would want to make a regular habit of.

Can anyone recommend the best kind of condom for people who have trouble climaxing? Would it be Durex fetherlite, or another kind?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 glynandpam

I have had Phimosis for 18 months now and finally plucked up the courage to go to docs last June. He refered me to a Urologist @ Tallaght and I got appointment for Sept I went was told I need circumcision. and was told it would be within 3 months I was happy and relieved it would be over by christmas, (or so I thought) GOt cancelled in dec, new appointment Jan Got cancelled, new appointment Feb yes you guessed it got cancelled, waiting for new appointment nothin so went to A&E on monday in pain was told might have infection and not Phimosis, Urine clear, I know what I have so demanded someone from Urology come down finally got someone and he said he will get me in asap so booked in for this coming wednesday so freaking nervous, and then got holiday 19 days after family booked villa. now scared I wont be able to go swimming while on hols,now I know there wont be asmuch chlorine in the pool as hotel pools but even so. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes so that I can atleast have a swim while away. any advice is so so welcome also we dont have a bath only shower any thoughts or will I have to visit inlaws for baths? Glyn :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Am I right saying you're going away 19 days after the op? I'd say you'll be almost completely recovered by then tbh.

• Advertisement

You should be fine but just be careful. Might be good to dry off the area straight after getting out of the water to stop yourself getting an infection, thats the last thing you want to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

ryanf1 wrote: »
    You should be fine but just be careful. Might be good to dry off the area straight after getting out of the water to stop yourself getting an infection, thats the last thing you want to happen

I was in a pool on day 20, and in the sea day 21. As said above, just make sure you are completely dry down there. The other thing that was said to me (i married into a family of doctors ffs..everyone really was an expert, and quite ok talking about their son-in-law's/brother-in-law's dong at the dinner table) was after being in a pool was to give it a quick salt water bath to ward off any infections.

As long as the stitches are out, you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

glynandpam wrote: »
    I have had Phimosis for 18 months now and finally plucked up the courage to go to docs last June. He refered me to a Urologist @ Tallaght and I got appointment for Sept I went was told I need circumcision. and was told it would be within 3 months I was happy and relieved it would be over by christmas, (or so I thought) GOt cancelled in dec, new appointment Jan Got cancelled, new appointment Feb yes you guessed it got cancelled, waiting for new appointment nothin so went to A&E on monday in pain was told might have infection and not Phimosis, Urine clear, I know what I have so demanded someone from Urology come down finally got someone and he said he will get me in asap so booked in for this coming wednesday so freaking nervous, and then got holiday 19 days after family booked villa. now scared I wont be able to go swimming while on hols,now I know there wont be asmuch chlorine in the pool as hotel pools but even so. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes so that I can atleast have a swim while away. any advice is so so welcome also we dont have a bath only shower any thoughts or will I have to visit inlaws for baths? Glyn :confused:

I went on holidays about ten days after i got mine done. If anything, I'd say the chlorine in the pool was beneficial as it is a disinfectant. It caused absolutely no problems.

ahhh sounds like heaven maybe I should live in the pool for the week lol. (if only) was thinking of cancelling it but knew if i did that I would have to wait months. Wife is getting more frustrated than me atm. I just know that its way to painful she wants action on hols but will have to wait n see lol. so how long do u need to rest and ot lift anythin heavy? as I'm a househusband and struggle to sit down for any length of time and with 3 kids it is gonna be difficult (dad can i have this dad can u get me a drink dad dad dad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Does sexual pleasure diminish somewhat after the procedure? I've heard the glans is not as sensitive afterwards.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Does sexual pleasure diminish somewhat after the procedure? I've heard the glans is not as sensitive afterwards.

Not really, it is different for sure but in a good way. For me the fremulen is almost hyper sensitive during and after. Also the orgasms are definitely stronger for me since the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Went into the hospital today..Got my date for the Op..April 12th :eek:

Didn't think it would be so soon...ill keep yis posted !

Had my op on Wednesday was done at 10am and left the hospital at 1pm OMG had 10 injections as I kept feeling it. Have to say it was'nt as bad as I thought it would be I am taking tylex and difene for the pain. The dressing fell of yesterday on its own. had a salt bath but struggled to get out of it so been told best thing is to bath in a bowl just the parts that needs it and have a shower after but not to use shower gel and if u do rinse of any suds. The tip is the most sensitive part feel like a permanant erection, going to the toilet is hit n miss keep trying to stand but it sprays everywhere. fingers crossed pain is kept to a minimal

Had my op on Wednesday was done at 10am and left the hospital at 1pm OMG had 10 injections as I kept feeling it. Have to say it was'nt as bad as I thought it would be I am taking tylex and difene for the pain. The dressing fell of yesterday on its own. had a salt bath but struggled to get out of it so been told best thing is to bath in a bowl just the parts that needs it and have a shower after but not to use shower gel and if u do rinse of any suds. The tip is the most sensitive part feel like a permanant erection, going to the toilet is hit n miss keep trying to stand but it sprays everywhere. fingers crossed pain is kept to a minimal

The next couple of days will probably be uncomfortable but nothing more. For me the worst thing was going to the toilet the first time - i thought it was going to hurt, it didn't. I couldn't aim right for about 2 weeks, so just kept sitting.
    The bowl is a good idea, especially the first few days, probably by saturday or sunday you will be more mobile and able to get in and out of the bath.

After having my Circumcision 10 days ago now I am worried as my wife took a picture of it so I could see better ( I'm a big man) and my frenulum is not attached to my head its seperate and asking now is this normal, I have googled and cant find anything on this and starting to get stressed out about it, Have they cocked up (sorry only word i could think of) feel like its been botched up

• Advertisement

After having my Circumcision 10 days ago now I am worried as my wife took a picture of it so I could see better ( I'm a big man) and my frenulum is not attached to my head its seperate and asking now is this normal, I have googled and cant find anything on this and starting to get stressed out about it, Have they cocked up (sorry only word i could think of) feel like its been botched up
    If you feel something is wrong the best thing is to go to see your GP and then urologist if needed.
    Its been a while since mine was done so I cant remember it being like that or not

• Registered Users Posts: 14 teacherabu

i need to get this circumcision done but whats putting me off is how long I will have to stay idle. Like howlong would you have to wait before you could drive again or say would you be able to cut the grass the day after the operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D87

Had mine done this afternoon mate.. drove down to the local tesco for a bit of shopping.. Found the build up scary enough this morning and last night.. So glad the big step is taken.. Road to recovery now.. It'll be over before you know it mate..!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 going2aus

Hi lads . just read some post here and Im pretty sure iv got phimosis. I've never been able to retract my foreskin.sometimes during sex it would retract back about 80% of the head but when finished i would have to wait till it goes a bit softer and pull it back over the head myself.... Does this sound like t Phimosis?????.kinda getting worried about goin to a doc atm .so just wondered is anyone else in the same boat.any help would be great cheers .

Got mine done yesterday,i'm 43 (Phimosis) overall was not nearly as bad as i thought

Arrived at 8am in mallow general,was giving a chat by the lovely nurse on what's going to happen,brought to my bed,got me ready for the op,took blood pressure etc.,

Brought me into the theatre,gave me my anesthetic and before i knew it,I was been woken up by the nurse saying its all done,brought back to ward were i slept for about two hours whilst they kept an eye on me,then gave me after care hints and some sterile gel to numb any pain and a prescription for pain killers

Took it easy for the rest of the day,got up this morning took a bath with a bit of savlon in it, and went downtown for a few beers,feels slightly uncomfortable,buts thats just the rubbing against my underwear

All in all very happy I went through with it and looking forward to the next few weeks when i can try it out for real:D

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Got mine done yesterday,i'm 43 (Phimosis) overall was not nearly as bad as i thought

Arrived at 8am in mallow general,was giving a chat by the lovely nurse on what's going to happen,brought to my bed,got me ready for the op,took blood pressure etc.,

Brought me into the theatre,gave me my anesthetic and before i knew it,I was been woken up by the nurse saying its all done,brought back to ward were i slept for about two hours whilst they kept an eye on me,then gave me after care hints and some sterile gel to numb any pain and a prescription for pain killers

Took it easy for the rest of the day,got up this morning took a bath with a bit of savlon in it, and went downtown for a few beers,feels slightly uncomfortable,buts thats just the rubbing against my underwear

All in all very happy I went through with it and looking forward to the next few weeks when i can try it out for real:D

Where you waiting long from your first doc visit until now ?

going2aus wrote: »
    Where you waiting long from your first doc visit until now ?
    No not really ...went to the doc about 6 weeks ago and its done now

pebbles21 wrote: »
    No not really ...went to the doc about 6 weeks ago and its done now
    Hope it heals quick for you.Im still fretting about going the doc ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

going2aus wrote: »
    Hope it heals quick for you.Im still fretting about going the doc ha.

Just do it. It's not going to be as bad as you think and you can't avoid it so just get it over with. Waiting won't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

going2aus - I'm a once-a-year visitor to the health centre. Not penis repated problems. Blood pressure, blood fats, diet, exercise problems. I always type up a list of 6 or 7 points and questions beforehand and give a copy to the doc. This helps to keep the consultation relevant.
    Why don't you start a list now?

Advertisement