Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Vitaliorange

Day 3.

I switched to wearing boxers last night from briefs. Its more sensitive but I figure I'll have to desensitize it at some stage. Took my first salt bath yesterday. All in all it looks very neat even if its swollen and bruised at the frenulum.

Im trying to figure out what style I have. I'm fairly certain it's low as the stitches are right behind the glans. Not sure if its loose or tight.

Day 5.

The swelling still hasn't really gone down but the bruising looks better. The hypersensitivity seems to be gone already which is great as Im back in work today. To be honest I would have been fine going back to work on day 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

After a week you'll really notice a massive improvement in all regards, I found that first week dragged forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

[yeah it really does, by +7 days healing really kicks in - once the stitches come out you'll be flying

Day 8.

The swelling is still there, I wish the swelling would just go down. Seems to be taking forever. The stitches look fine, still some scabs there. Almost can't feel any difference as I go about my life now.

• Advertisement

Day 9.

I think a stitch came out last night, there is a bit of blood and the skin there is looser compared to the stitches beside it. Hope this doesn't mess up the scar line.

Also I still have absolutely no sex drive, is this normal?

Day 9.

I think a stitch came out last night, there is a bit of blood and the skin there is looser compared to the stitches beside it. Hope this doesn't mess up the scar line.

Also I still have absolutely no sex drive, is this normal?

It won't, remember you scar line will continue to heal for another 6 months or so. When the stitches are done there is some slack given to facilitate erections etc, the skin thing happened to me as we'll.
    As for sex drive, I didn't feel any for 3 weeks or so, your penis had a pretty traumatic event happen to it which affects your drive. You'll notice even though you get erections you probably won't have had any semen come out.
    Give it time, I started to feel normal drive around 21 days in, I knocked one out on day 24 and resumed normality around day 32

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've got phimosis as well I am starting to stretch the foreskin daily. I would be very reluctant to get a circumcision, I'm amazed so many people seem to be willing to go down this route. If it takes me a year of stretching I still wouldn't do it. People can make inch wide holes in their ears so I really don't see how this is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Bolderdash

I had a circumcision done two weeks ago. I noticed that I don't seem to be able get a full erection. It feels tight like the skin is restricting it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Bolderdash wrote: »
    I had a circumcision done two weeks ago. I noticed that I don't seem to be able get a full erection. It feels tight like the skin is restricting it. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's normal! Think about it, your penis went through a pretty traumatic surgery. It takes time to get back to normal. At this stage probably you have a couple of stitches left. Likewise the skin and scar tissue are still healing.

Give it time, in 2 more weeks you'll barely notice it

• Advertisement

It's normal! Think about it, your penis went through a pretty traumatic surgery. It takes time to get back to normal. At this stage probably you have a couple of stitches left. Likewise the skin and scar tissue are still healing.

Give it time, in 2 more weeks you'll barely notice it

Thanks for the reassurance, actually still have most of the stitches left, the surgeon said they should dissolve in three weeks after the operation, was a bit worried it would be permanently smaller.

Bolderdash wrote: »
    Thanks for the reassurance, actually still have most of the stitches left, the surgeon said they should dissolve in three weeks after the operation, was a bit worried it would be permanently smaller.

I've quoted this before, but it was said to me before my operation "if you chop the sleeves off a jumper, your arm stays the same length" :). It'll look different than you're used to, but it won't be smaller.

With your stitches, there is going to be a lot of pulling, it's normal. As the stitches start to come out, you'll notice a lot more give when you're erect. My stitches first came out around the 2.5 week mark, most were gone by week 3. My doctor told me to remove them in the shower, with tweezers that had been dipped in antiseptic. A little tug on the end of them will tell you which ones have dissolved. They don't all go at the same rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

I had my circumcision done 8 weeks ago tomorrow. Apart from an infection I got a week after the operation he penis has healed very well. I'm happy and more confident now than I was before and I glad that I went through with it. Anybody suffering with phimosis should definitely look at the option of circumcision. The penis doesn't feel as sensitive and sex is different to than it was before. Wish I got it done much earlier.

smokie72 wrote: »
    I had my circumcision done 8 weeks ago tomorrow. Apart from an infection I got a week after the operation he penis has healed very well. I'm happy and more confident now than I was before and I glad that I went through with it. Anybody suffering with phimosis should definitely look at the option of circumcision. The penis doesn't feel as sensitive and sex is different to than it was before. Wish I got it done much earlier.

me too...I had an infection as well, which slowed down healing a bit. However within 8 weeks I could barely remember the operation (aside from when I ran into the surgeon in a bar...but that's Spain for you). I was far more confident in life in general, and sex was no longer uncomfortable.

Wish I had done it in my late teens, early 20's.Life could have been so different :D

A few more stitches popped out. I noticed that near the frenulum where one of the stitches is gone there seems to be a bit of a gap in the incision line whereas everywhere else the incision binds the skin on both sides tightly together.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 arealhumanbein

Getting cut next month, bit worried about sensation.. Given its phimosis should sex be now more pleasurable?

Getting cut next month, bit worried about sensation.. Given its phimosis should sex be now more pleasurable?

yes...i actually 100% enjoy sex now, it's different but way better

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

it's different
    It won't hurt is why it's different.

Unless you're into kinky stuff.

Seriously, it feels better and you don't have the fear of the elastic band effect on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Blitzen15

<modsnip>

No medical advice to be sought or given here I'm afraid, you're best off to check any queries such as this out with your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Lads, I was told a few weeks ago that my foreskin seems ok, It's actually my ''string'' that's causing my tightness and pain. Am I better off with a full circumcision or just have the ''string'' cut?

I reckon leaving the foreskin might be the best option...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

carzony wrote: »
    Am I better off with a full circumcision or just have the ''string'' cut?

Mod note: Your doctor should be able to advise you. Apologies but medical advice is not permitted on boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Right so after knowing I've had phismosis for about a year now, but have had no issues with it so haven felt like I need to see the GP or anything about it, this has now changed. Had sex with a girl recently without a condom and it got slightly uncomfortable as I got going "harder" probably due to the skin getting stretched. Also I've noticed sensitivity starting to decrease gradually over the psst few years which isn't good.

So I think it's time to get this fixed. Is this thread just for circumcisions or also about phismosis in general as I don't think I could go through with a circumcision.

To the people who cured phismosis without circumcision, by stretching etc. How long did it take of stretching daily for it to be possible to peel the for skin back fully on an erect penis without discomfort? A couple of weeks or many months?

Also is the stereoid cream that is only obtainable by prescription essential to go along with the stretching?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Haz619

Hi Charlie, i for one tried the stretching with the steroid cream but it didnt really work.. I was also told by my doctor that if it did work it would take possibly years to get it right. He also said that its not a permanent solution because in most cases the problem will come back. If it is really bothering you i would recommend just getting it done. I don't regret it and im sure 99% of people on here would say the same.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If the stretching doesn't work then another option CH is Preputioplasty. This is a surgical technique that preserves all the original structure and tissue in place and has a faster healing time. It certainly seems to be a much more conservative and sensible technique than the complete removal of the foreskin. More like goin to the dentist and getting a filling rather than the whole tooth being extracted. IIRC this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but it seemed few Irish doctors were even aware of the technique, much less practiced in it. I see you're in Australia, maybe you'll have better luck there finding a clued in surgeon?

On the stretching front, I wonder why it wouldn't work? The skin that's stretched has grown new cells to allow for expansion and they'd still be there. I mean there are guys who have regrown whole "foreskins" by stretching and there would be centimeters of skin involved there. Never mind folks who have stretched earlobes for aesthetic reasons.

Though I can see how it would be hard to keep constant pressure on the area to force the skin growth. Maybe that's why it's not successful? Folks who wear earlobe plugs slowly increase the size of same with constant pressure until they reach the size they want. I doubt they'd get anywhere just leaving it in for 10 minutes a day. Someone needs to invent a series of silcone rings or somesuch that increase in size so a constant low level pressure is applied to the area of the penis that needs it? I tell you this, if god forbid I ever get phimosis, I'll be breakin out the thinking cap and pencil and paper. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

I have just recently found out I have phimosis in probably the most awkward fashion; a girl commented on it when it got hard. She said this isnt what she used to, so it was very embarrassing for all of 2 mins ;)

But still don't want this to happen again as next time it could affect my chances and could lead to talking amongst her friends. Also the talk of sensitivity being reduced greatly with phismosis has made me eager to get this fixed ASAP, not to mention the issues with cleaning etc.

I also am unsure if I could go through with a circumcision though. Im weighing up the stretching technique but having to do 10 mins twice daily of stretching really puts me off. I really could not see myself sticking to it, but im also a bit hesitant of going to the doctor with it. Firstly as I cant afford it at the moment, and would be a bit nervous about getting my junk out for a doctor (childish I know! :o)

Is there any over the counter steroid cream that you can purchase in pharmacies, that works similar to the topical one that is prescription only, or is that allowed to be discussed here?
    Wibbs wrote: »

Though I can see how it would be hard to keep constant pressure on the area to force the skin growth. Maybe that's why it's not successful? Folks who wear earlobe plugs slowly increase the size of same with constant pressure until they reach the size they want. I doubt they'd get anywhere just leaving it in for 10 minutes a day. Someone needs to invent a series of silcone rings or somesuch that increase in size so a constant low level pressure is applied to the area of the penis that needs it? I tell you this, if god forbid I ever get phimosis, I'll be breakin out the thinking cap and pencil and paper. :)
    I have been looking online and have found these: http://www.phimocure.net/#!instructions/c1481

These are exactly what you are talking about and at less than €30 shipped I think these could work well, as I could leave it in while in college during the day for a couple of hours.

Has anyone used these or similar? Has anyone seen something similar in pharmacies such as boots/sam McCauley?

I have also been looking extensively online just there, and found that skin tunnels, which people used to put in their ears to stretch them, might work also, as they are silicone rings, that you can just put under the skin after its been lubricated for an hour or so at a time. Has anyone tried them, or do you know where you could buy them on the high street?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have just recently found out I have phimosis in probably the most awkward fashion; a girl commented on it when it got hard. She said this isnt what she used to, so it was very embarrassing for all of 2 mins ;)

But still don't want this to happen again as next time it could affect my chances and could lead to talking amongst her friends.
    OK, but for me, regardless of phimosis or whatever if any partner makes dodgy comments about your junk, don't get embarrassed, scrape her off pronto. It's not as if her junk is likely to grace the Louvre anytime soon. Goes for the ladies too(if any are reading this :)). Saw some article recently that showed a load of women are concerned about the look of their wobbly bits. Eh no. And any man who notes anything should be shown the door.
    Is there any over the counter steroid cream that you can purchase in pharmacies, that works similar to the topical one that is prescription only, or is that allowed to be discussed here?
    Steroids are strong drugs and can cause all sorts of issues even when used topically, so it's good that in Ireland that these creams are prescription only. Other countries seem to be less concerned but for me I agree with our way of doing things.
    I have been looking online and have found these: http://www.phimocure.net/#!instructions/c1481

These are exactly what you are talking about
    Feck! There goes the business idea. :(:) But I could see how they might work alright. Who knows? The interweb is full of all sorts of claims about health.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 anfearbeag

Wibbs wrote: »
    If the stretching doesn't work then another option CH is Preputioplasty. This is a surgical technique that preserves all the original structure and tissue in place and has a faster healing time. It certainly seems to be a much more conservative and sensible technique than the complete removal of the foreskin. More like goin to the dentist and getting a filling rather than the whole tooth being extracted. IIRC this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but it seemed few Irish doctors were even aware of the technique, much less practiced in it. I see you're in Australia, maybe you'll have better luck there finding a clued in surgeon?

Preputioplasty is merely a fancy term for cutting a slit in the foreskin to relieve the tightness. While no foreskin is removed, it looks daft as you now have 2 'flaps' of loose foreskin which must surely change the sensation - is it really a 'better' solution ??

On the stretching front, I wonder why it wouldn't work? The skin that's stretched has grown new cells to allow for expansion and they'd still be there. I mean there are guys who have regrown whole "foreskins" by stretching and there would be centimeters of skin involved there. Never mind folks who have stretched earlobes for aesthetic reasons.

Stretching doesnt work because its not an earlobe which you want to enlarge, its scar tissue which you want to restore elasticity to. The problem is that scar tissue (the 'white ring' which is formed over years of stretching and tearing due to the tightness) is NOT elastic, so applying steroids to it have no beneficial effect at all. Men who 'regrow foreskins' do not regrow elastic inner foreskin at all - they regrow shaft foreskin which is just normal skin and is a bit like making an earlobe longer - but is a completely different thing to repairing a scarred tight inner foreskin and has no bearing on this discussion.
    By the time you have a tight ring of scar tissue formed, there is no way of 'fixing' it without surgical intervention to remove the problem area. Dont waste your time.

see my other comment above - earlobe tissue is not the same as inner foreskin tissue, it is not elastic tissue and doesnt need to enlarge periodically. Pointless conversation.

anfearbeag wrote: »
    see my other comment above - earlobe tissue is not the same as inner foreskin tissue, it is not elastic tissue and doesnt need to enlarge periodically. Pointless conversation.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean that once the foreskin is stretched, that it won't close in again and will stay stretched forever?

• Advertisement

What do you mean by this? Do you mean that once the foreskin is stretched, that it won't close in again and will stay stretched forever?

Just because it's skin, doesn't mean it is the same type of skin. Foreskin doesn't work in the same way as earlobe skin.

Advertisement