Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

strike while the iron is hot unrage, make another appointment asap. Even if the second doc tells you the same thing, it'll put your mind at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭riiight!

I (21) suffer from the same problem as the rest of you guys. When erect, the foreskin does not retract over the head. Instead when I'm jerking off i can only see the very top of the glans/head. I have tried stretching it gently when erect but it never looks like it will roll over. It is not sore or anything when I get an erection or masturbate but my technique is different from the normal way: I stroke it gently as opposed to pumping.

Will this cause me problems when having sex? as I have been put off from trying it on with girls for this reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

riiight! wrote:
    Will this cause me problems when having sex? as I have been put off from trying it on with girls for this reason.

Didn't cause me major problems for years but I was using a condom - it only becomes an issue when you're having sex without a condom - and even then, you can simply use a bit of lube. Over the years I managed to strech it to the point that it just about retracted, but I finally had the circ done at the age of 40 when it started to tighten up even more than usual...

milod wrote:
    Didn't cause me major problems for years but I was using a condom - it only becomes an issue when you're having sex without a condom - and even then, you can simply use a bit of lube. Over the years I managed to strech it to the point that it just about retracted, but I finally had the circ done at the age of 40 when it started to tighten up even more than usual...

So what your saying is that if I I use a condom, when I suffer from a tight foreskin (about a centimetre and a half of the head is visible when erect) I don't need to worry about any injuries (the foreskin tearing/ripping) happening when having sex?

thanks for responding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭finbarrk

It wont be a problem when having sex without a condom because the womans juices will make it easy.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote:
    It wont be a problem when having sex without a condom because the womans juices will make it easy.

So what about the stories I have heard where having sex with a tight foreskin has caused injuries to people? like someone said earlier in the forum that they ripped they're frenulum/ banjo string

Sex is natural, believe me it will work out ok.

ok thanks for your help

This problem is just annoying me to the point that I have avoided getting close to girls for fear of ending up in a messy situation, so sorry for my scepticism.

what do you mean when you say that everything will work out ok? that the foreskin will forcibly pull back when enter her? or will there be little friction to pull back when I have a condom on so there is no chance of injury?

It will come back naturally when you enter her, it will feel great actually, it wont be sore.

finbarrk wrote:
    It will come back naturally when you enter her, it will feel great actually, it wont be sore.

Anyone care to back this up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep, that's what it's supposed to do. Feels very niiiiice. Just one of the many reasons I wouldn't want to lose the oul turtleneck. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hang on Im confused, if the tight foreskin just pulls back naturally then whats the point of having the surgery?

Wibbs wrote:
    Yep, that's what it's supposed to do. Feels very niiiiice. Just one of the many reasons I wouldn't want to lose the oul turtleneck. :D

Ok I realise that I'm getting a bit repetitive, but even with a tight foreskin where I cant normally roll it back over the head, I don't have to worry about any injuries(tears, rips etc.) while doing the business?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In fairness that's how it's supposed to work with a fully functioning one. I suppose this whole thread could be broken down as follows. With a tight one you may have to stretch it over a period of time(when it's warm, in the bath or shower). It's quite stretchy skin anyway. One of the stretchiest in the body apparently. Given that there are men who have been circumcised as infants who "reconstruct" a foreskin, by stretching what's left shows what can be done, if given enough time. If that doesn't work a visit to your GP to explore the use of steroidal creams should help. I would suspect that stretching is not a quick fix, hence people go for the circumcision. Full circumcision should be the last resort. Even then as others have pointed out the degree of circumcision should be discussed before going in for the operation. There is a tendency for circumcision to be the first choice in this case. While it has a place certainly in the cases of severe tightness(phimosis) there are alternatives that keep the functionallity of the complete penile anatomy. It is not a useless piece of skin. Not by a long shot.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

So you think that I should try and cure this before I attempt to have sex?

Well given that you see it as a problem, problems require solutions so yes, try and fix it, but it wouldn't put me off having sex, especially as you should be wearing a condom anyway.

Wibbs wrote:
    Well given that you see it as a problem, problems require solutions so yes, try and fix it, but it wouldn't put me off having sex, especially as you should be wearing a condom anyway.

Oh so while wearing a condom, there will be no problem at all?

Of course, as the condom covers the penis the chances of an uncomfortable foreskin retraction is obviously not in play(though not being able to retract at all means the sensations are going to be even further reduced, above and beyond the reduction with condom use). I mean think about this stuff. You need to get as much info as you can before attempting sex. No offence but you seem quite ignorant of your own anatomy so you need to figure out your own anatomy and of course the womans. If you don't know the basics then sex isn't going to be the best really. It's not as if this stuff is hard to come by these days. Wikipedia and Google are your friends.

Wibbs wrote:
    Of course, as the condom covers the penis the chances of an uncomfortable foreskin retraction is obviously not in play(though not being able to retract at all means the sensations are going to be even further reduced, above and beyond the reduction with condom use). I mean think about this stuff. You need to get as much info as you can before attempting sex. No offence but you seem quite ignorant of your own anatomy so you need to figure out your own anatomy and of course the womans. If you don't know the basics then sex isn't going to be the best really. It's not as if this stuff is hard to come by these days. Wikipedia and Google are your friends.

It's just that while looking through this thread, I'm reading stories about people getting injuries when they have a tight foreskin. Then somebody else is telling me that while wearing a condom, the foreskin will retract. Though with my problem I see this as an issue. Then you are saying that this will not happen. So I have come to the conclusion that the main reason for getting circumcised or trying stretching techniques is when you don't want to wear a condom.

Thanks for all your help, but its a bit confusing when I get conflicting stories.

riiight! wrote:
    So I have come to the conclusion that the main reason for getting circumcised or trying stretching techniques is when you don't want to wear a condom.
    Ehhhhh what? How in God's name do you come to that conclusion? 2 +2 = frog? No, that's not why people have this operation.

OK Very basic sexual function 101. The head of the uncovered penis (the glans) is the most sensitive area on the penis to sexual touch. You have one, I'm sure you've spotted this. You know, when you have a peddle and crank?

In a normal functioning penis the foreskin covers and protects the glans. When aroused or upon entering the vagina the foreskin should naturally retract and expose the sensitive head to friction from the vagina. Pleasure all round. With me so far? If you can't retract the foreskin or it is painful to do so then either you won't be stimulated at all as well as a retracted foreskin(obviously) or the retraction itself will cause pain. Now. Wearing a condom over an un retracted foreskin will stop that friction that causes it to retract, hence no pain, rippage etc. It will also give you precious little stimulation of any kind as condoms reduce the sensation to varying degrees anyway. Any clearer? If not, someone else better start drawing pictures at this stage.

Bit of advice, if you're thinking about sex and are at an age to do so, I would seriously and I mean seriously get to know the whys and wherefores of your own anatomy, before you even think of getting sexual with someone. For your sake. Not to mention her anatomy. For her sake. If you are not that clued in about your own what hope do you think you have giving pleasure to another? I'm actually shocked somebody doesn't know this stuff about their own bodies. I mean a bloke not knowing about his willy and the function of same? Maybe it's an upbringing thing, but curiosity should get the better of you now. Fair play you're asking questions. Keep doing that and explore the options for you. There's little excuse for ignorance of these matters today. In fact reaching the age of reason and not being exposed to this stuff would be the bloody rarity not the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

for me, it was a case of too sore without a condom, and no sensaion with one. Because the skin was so tight, it was difficult to keep clean. Again, in my specific case, surgery was the only solution - the fact that i'm diabetic complicated things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Well Im a 15 yr old male, virgin and my foreskin has never retracted fully over the head, not even close really. At my age would it just be a matter of waiting a bit? Is this called Phimosis btw?'

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

This weekend there was an interesting article in the FT Magazine. It covers a lot of the arguments in the pro vs anti debate.
    (Although it fails to mention 'banjo strings' - shudder.)

FT Magazine Article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Unreged15 wrote:
    'Well Im a 15 yr old male, virgin and my foreskin has never retracted fully over the head, not even close really. At my age would it just be a matter of waiting a bit?'
    I discussed this with my doctor at one stage and he said its quite normal up to teenage years (in my case 14) for the foreskin not to be retracted.

Gradual retraction seems to happen with mastubation and experimentation. Just take it easy.

If you have any questions, just ask the next time you are at the doctors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I was given a hand before and the banjo string went....she was being a bit rough and i could feel a slight pain. It was pitch black in the room and after a couple of seconds i could feel something weird below the belt or lack of belt.

Turned on the light anyways to find i had a blood soaked boxers. Needless to say my personal swelling didnt take long to go down. One of the most embarrasing things that has ever happened to me. There was a tear at the banjo string for a week after.

Doctor had a look and said it would heal. I think men are afraid of women doctors going near teh willys in case the soldier stands to attention. Gives her a better look really!! :) Sure i was scared of having a bad reaction with the male doctor...get aweh from mah willah!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Circumcised Penis is MUCH nicer!! ;)

Circumcised Penis is MUCH nicer!! ;)
    I think you are failing to see that a balance is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Victor wrote:
    I think you are failing to see that a balance is needed.

Do you want a circumcision too?:D

Do you want a circumcision too?:D
    Do you realise how offensive a statement like that is? Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brum

Well its nearly 17 months since i went under the knife. Ive never looked back to be honest. There is still a major different in color between the head of my penis and the shaft. I knew there would be a difference for a while... just didnt think it would be so noticable after 17 months. Even said, Im delighted I got the job done.

Anyone out there considering it.... dont be afraid. I was 23 getting it done. Never too late. My sex life has never been so good, it made the few days of discomfort worth it. I check back here from time to time so feel free to pm or leave questions to answer.

When I got my job done, other people commented that they had done or were getting the job done... how are things lads?

Advertisement