Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Day 3. Pain has made its debut. The swelling has started to come down and its starting to hurt, not a lot but you can definitely feel that you have stitches in your johnson today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Vicxas wrote: »
    Day 3. Pain has made its debut. The swelling has started to come down and its starting to hurt, not a lot but you can definitely feel that you have stitches in your johnson today.

I spoke to my consultant a while back and she said that I would need seven days rest.. So going by that you're nearly halfway through which ain't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm on day 3 post op too and continuing with near zero pain & discomfort.
    Now to qualify that, I am on neuropathic pain meds for a different issue aswell as 10 days post nerve block on ilioinguinal, hypogastric and pudendal nerves so it's fairly likely I'm not going to experience much in the way of pain post circumcision (at least I hope so)

Swelling is greatly reduced and I'm not taking any difene.
    Recovery is going far better than I'd hoped and a lot of my own post-op concerns on comfort in particular were fairly unfounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Are the poos getting any easier?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Are the poos getting any easier?

Oh yeah. Took some stool softner. However my stomach is in bits the last few days. Fluctuating between constipation and diarrhea.

Day 4 update. Penis is sore but not as swollen. Little more uncomfortable today but i guess we're in the proper healing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 pearshaped21

Hi all. Hope everybody is keeping well in these times. New to the forum but have read a good bit so fist of all I'd like to appologise if anything I ask has been asked before.

I'm in my 20s a recently was told I need a circumcision due to Phimosis. I knew it was something that needs doing but kept putting it off. With COVID I feel now is the time to do it because I'm going to be stuck at home anyway with plenty of time to recover.

Firstly, does anybody know what waiting lists are like publicly at the moment? My VHI only covers private in public hospital. The other road I was thinking of was going private and paying myself as like it normal times I could have it done fairly soon. Any idea what the going rate of a circumcision is? :D

Secondly, I've read how recovery goes and there's nothing that can be done other than grin and bare it as things only get better BUT the problem I have is I have a fairly low pain thresh hold and ngl I get squimish lately with my own blood etc... any tips?

Again, appologies if I've asked really obvious questions or if I'm doubling up on what's been asked before but I appreciate any advice at all!

Stay safe everyone!!!

Hi all. Hope everybody is keeping well in these times. New to the forum but have read a good bit so fist of all I'd like to appologise if anything I ask has been asked before.

I'm in my 20s a recently was told I need a circumcision due to Phimosis. I knew it was something that needs doing but kept putting it off. With COVID I feel now is the time to do it because I'm going to be stuck at home anyway with plenty of time to recover.

Firstly, does anybody know what waiting lists are like publicly at the moment? My VHI only covers private in public hospital. The other road I was thinking of was going private and paying myself as like it normal times I could have it done fairly soon. Any idea what the going rate of a circumcision is? :D

Secondly, I've read how recovery goes and there's nothing that can be done other than grin and bare it as things only get better BUT the problem I have is I have a fairly low pain thresh hold and ngl I get squimish lately with my own blood etc... any tips?

Again, appologies if I've asked really obvious questions or if I'm doubling up on what's been asked before but I appreciate any advice at all!

Stay safe everyone!!!

Welcome!

Going rate i think is between 1300 and 1700. Not sure on the waiting lists publicly is but private it was 2 months from referral to the procedure.

As for recovery the pain isn't THAT bad. It's uncomfortable for the most part, and the sensitivity on the tip of the penis is annoying but you pretty much get through it.

Main piece of advice is rest, for the love of God rest.

Stay safe everyone!!!

I'm going public myself. The only cost is the anaesthetic for the surgery itself and that is 80 euro.

The waiting list is long more-so now with Covic! I went to my GP and she sent a referral letter last summer.

I was then seen in person on the 24th of November.

Then I had a consultation over the phone on the 17th of January. They said it would be a few months depending on Covid as non-emergency appointments were stopped when the case number was high, not sure if things are back to normal yet..

So Covid is the reason it's taking longer than usual. But, I can wait!

In my 30s, finally got onto the doctor for a referral so we'll see how that goes.
    Hoping I can get the partial one done. I assume it'll involve a bit less recovery and pain/discomfort afterwards.

How long have people been taking off work? I WFH but the idea of going up and down stairs several times a day with a wound on my lad doesn't really sound great. :pac:

In my 30s, finally got onto the doctor for a referral so we'll see how that goes.
    Hoping I can get the partial one done. I assume it'll involve a bit less recovery and pain/discomfort afterwards.

How long have people been taking off work? I WFH but the idea of going up and down stairs several times a day with a wound on my lad doesn't really sound great. :pac:

I was told at least a week to 10 days, you can work but you'll be distracted for sure for a week at least.

• Advertisement

I'm 10 days post op now.
    Pain and discomfort was near zero. I mentioned possible reasons for this earlier with a concurrent nerve block.

On to my recovery, finished the post-op antibiotics on Thursday.
    I only too Difene for 1 day post-op swelling was quick to dissipate and pain was near zero.

I did pop a stitch yesterday, woke up with quite a stinking piece of morning wood and pinged a stitch :(

No bleeding and the wound beneath the stitch is fairly well healed and sealed so no panic on that front.

Far less traumatic than I'd built the procedure up to be in my head.
    Here's to the rest of the stitches dissolving over the next week or so and my lovely newly remodeled Micky getting back into action! :D

10 days in and my concerns so far are:

There's a smell. Not a bad smell just a smell like when you didn't wash your belly button smell.

I have a gap at the tip where my banjo string used to be, the stitches have dissolved from there but i don't think its normal.

Going to call my GP tomorrow for a second opinion on them.

Going to call my GP tomorrow for a second opinion on them.

Hope everything went ok on the 2nd opinion Vic.

Have you guys tried to masturbate or anything yet?

banie01 wrote: »
    Hope everything went ok on the 2nd opinion Vic.

Infection where my banjo string used to be and split the stitches beside it. So i'm on heavy duty anti-biotics and steroid cream to remove the external pus and aid healing.

Infection where my banjo string used to be and split the stitches beside it. So i'm on heavy duty anti-biotics and steroid cream to remove the external pus and aid healing.

Hope the recovery from the infection goes well.
    Were you on antibiotics for a week post-op?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Don199

Been advised by consultant to get Dorsal slit procedure for phimosis after having it for years, anyone on here have experience with this, also been waiting a year for procedure and thinking of going private, any suggestions appreciated.

Hope the recovery from the infection goes well.
    Were you on antibiotics for a week post-op?

Nope given painkillers and set on my merry way. Not sure how i got the infection seeing as i cleaned it pretty regularly. Guess its just one of those things.

Nope given painkillers and set on my merry way. Not sure how i got the infection seeing as i cleaned it pretty regularly. Guess its just one of those things.

Well I've joined you in the infection club!
    Had a stitch let go yesterday a little blood and pus and ended up over in the Laya clinic.
    Great experience there, in and out in 20 minutes.

The Doc there was a lovely South African bloke who had me home in time for the rugby.

Fairly bad infection, 2 antibiotics and a strong antibiotic ointment.
    Gave totally different aftercare advice to my Urologist too regarding the soaking of the area.
    Urologist was once a day for 10 minutes, he's was minimum 3 times a day and more if possible.

Thing is, my infection got bad not just because of diabetes but also because the nerve blocks the week before the op left me still fairly pain free even with a knob looking like it's bullseye's a windscreen in a carcrash :pac:

Have you tried to masturbate or anything since the surgery? I left to for ages af,
    after mine

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »
    Have you tried to masturbate or anything since the surgery? I left to for ages af,
    after mine

So you had a circumcision and waited for a while to rub one out?
    Great :)
    Why your fascination with others post op **** habits and **** in general tho?

I'm a bit to swollen, infected and oozy to partake in a 5 knuckle shuffle at the moment, haven't partaken since the op either.

So you had a circumcision and waited for a while to rub one out?
    Great :)
    Why your fascination with others post op **** habits and **** in general tho?

I'm a bit to swollen, infected and oozy to partake in a 5 knuckle shuffle at the moment, haven't partaken since the op either.

Same. Aftercare said no bang bang of any kind for 3-4 weeks after that includes the 5 knuckle shuffle.

It'll probably 4-5 weeks now thanks to my infection. The sex thing I was ok with. Used to 3-4 weeks seeing as I'm married but I'd still rub one out every few days. But this has been nearly 3 weeks and I'm a bag of hormones. Feel like a teenager again.

Finished my weeks course of Anti biotic tablets. Wound doesn't smell anymore and seems to be healing. Still going to use the anti biotic ointment until it closes up.

Finished my weeks course of Anti biotic tablets. Wound doesn't smell anymore and seems to be healing. Still going to use the anti biotic ointment until it closes up.

I'd double-check with the doctor if I were you in regards to continuing with the ointment, unless you were told to. Some times it can create issues if we continue with prescription medication, if not directed by the doctor. I'm not a doctor, but I'm just going by better safe than sorry.. :)

job seeker wrote: »
    I'd double-check with the doctor if I were you in regards to continuing with the ointment, unless you were told to. Some times it can create issues if we continue with prescription medication, if not directed by the doctor. I'm not a doctor, but I'm just going by better safe than sorry.. :)

While you're not a doctor this is actually probably good advice

While you're not a doctor this is actually probably good advice

Yeah, It could be perfectly fine. but having that reassurance from your doctor is peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nods123

Can anyone recommend Nuacell / Arte Novi Clinic in Malahide?
    Need to get a circumcision done and don't want to be waiting months to get it done publicly.
    Seems to have good reviews on whatclinic but I'm just unsure

Just a quick update on my journey.

Finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, infection has cleared. I still have to use the ointment for the next week(ish) but the split skin from where the infection bust the stitches is starting to heal.

I reckon another week or so and it'll just be the sensitivity i have to deal with.

So all going well total recovery time will be in line with what they told me, 4 - 6 weeks.

Hi all, hope everybody is enjoying the mighty weather. Just an update on my story (if anybody is interested).

FINALLY went to my doc again and got referral sorted but this being Ireland..... and more specifically rural Ireland in my case...... I'm being put on the public list in my local hospital but there is no Urologist there so on a waiting list for a general surgeon. Anybody else been done like this?

Again, this being Ireland and with covid I'd be lucky to be done by 2030 I'd say! :D

UPDATE Got a date for my surgery already!!!
    Hi all, hope everybody is enjoying the mighty weather. Just an update on my story (if anybody is interested).

FINALLY went to my doc again and got referral sorted but this being Ireland..... and more specifically rural Ireland in my case...... I'm being put on the public list in my local hospital but there is no Urologist there so on a waiting list for a general surgeon. Anybody else been done like this?

Again, this being Ireland and with covid I'd be lucky to be done by 2030 I'd say! :D

• Advertisement

UPDATE Got a date for my surgery already!!!

Best of luck!

Advertisement