Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

www.electro.ie New site soon promoting Irish Electronic music

• 07-03-2006 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all, Setting up a site over the next few weeks (www.electro.ie) Basically anyone who makes any style of electronic music can have a page on the site, put up a few tracks etc, we'll also be running remix competitions with the winners getting studio time etc.It will also be a place for producers to share ideas, give advice and ultimately better their music production. It's completely free and if you feel you could contribute in any way please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Many thanks
    Djamel
    medjy@eircom.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

sounds like a good idea

fair play

i shall be joining up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah its a good idea. I'll sign up anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

thanks guys, just drop us an email whenever. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 breandan

I'll definitally be putting up a few tracks in a few months.
    All the best for the future with the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, definitely a worthwhile idea.
    i'd put up my own stuff if i ever get around to finishing a track...

• Advertisement

thanks guys, really are getting a great response to the site and we look forward to hearing your stuff, finishing a track sometimes can be a nightmare, I find layering sounds and loops etc within an 8 or 16 bar loop until you have built the "peak" so to speak of the track and then subtracting parts to have a bigger picture of the track and how to progress it/wind it down often helps, obviously this is a very rudimentary approach but it does help to get beyond the dreaded 8 bar loop! talk soon
    Djamel
    medjy@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Sounds like an excellent idea. Will defo be posting some tracks up there. Will the signup be through the site or should people stake a stake a claim for a page now?

sorry for the late reply, in response to the post anyone can have a page, theres plenty of space so get in contact for more details mate, thanks
    Djamel.... medjy@eircom.net

p.s. won be able to reply til sunday nite, heading over to this music expo in London. talk soon

sorry for the late reply, in response to the post anyone can have a page, theres plenty of space so get in contact for more details mate, thanks
    Djamel.... medjy@eircom.net

p.s. wont be able to reply til sunday nite, heading over to this music expo in London. talk soon

Just a note to anyone interested in putting tracks up on the site myself and Will Kinsella (Dj,Radio na Life) will be compiling an ableton live mix of tracks for broadcast on Radio na Life. This will be a monthly mix with full tracklist and mix will also available for download from the site. So for those of you interested get in contact,site will be going live 30th march, many thanks
    Djamel.
    medjy@eircom.net

• Advertisement

excuse the poor grammar in the previous post, really should read them before posting!

Advertisement