Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business' in Sigs

Options
  • 07-03-2006 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I see some people have their business 'advertised' in their signature, can anyone do this? or only special people :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

First off, there are no "special people" on Boards.ie
    Boards.ie cherishes all its posters equally.
    Big Brother really does love you.:D

This has been discussed somewhere before. From what I can gather a discreet mention of one's business in one's sig is not frowned up. Note the keyword there, "discreet". It must not be "in your face" advertising. Some poster's like myself have a link to a web-site in their sig. Notice that the font used is the smallest font possible and that there is no promotional text whatsoever. If you take this approach I don't think you will hear any objections. If you push your luck the SigPo will report the offending sig and it will probably be removed and you may receive a warning or even a ban.

This is a personal opinion given in good faith and may or may not reflect actual Boards Policy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hagar is correct.
    Might I just add, that if you go around mentioning your business on every second thread, that behaviour will result in a site ban, never to be let back in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

is that comment to me? because i have not mentioned my business name anywhere yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm pre-empting.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

hehe fair enough, nah all i'll be doing us a small sig!

• Advertisement
Advertisement