Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going Dirk "Face" Benedict this evening?

Options
  • 07-03-2006 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

I didn't go a couple of years back but I've been told it was good so might go this evening, if I get in that is, probably a big crowd!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

If it's anywhere near the John C. McGinley crowd size you'll want to be there about 90 minutes beforehand at minimum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nah, I only had one lecture today so there was no way I'm hangin around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

He's a very very sexy man. But alas I shall be in the library trying to catch up on stuff. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I will. The new boyf is in Lawsoc so heading along for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

What and miss Chelski get beaten by Barcelona?!?!?!?! I will just have to watch my A-Team series 1 and 2 dvd box sets, and see the original Face Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I peeked in the window. Was the wheelchair his?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pythia wrote:
    I will. The new boyf is in Lawsoc so heading along for a laugh.

Jeez you didnt waste much time did you with a new man?!!:D
    Was really mad last year cos a girl in med kissed 'the face' at the 80's nite in break for the border.I remember cos I was sitting down with me mates in the terrace and disscussing the night before.I asked friend number 1'oh who did u score last nite?' Friend number 1 replied'johnny from ag'.Then asked friend number 2'who did you score last nite' and friend number two was 'oh just the face from the A-team'!!!Couldnt get over that I missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Hate to admit it but it wasn't as good as I expected, "Face" was quite good but seemed a little unenthusiastic, perhaps because trere was a poor turn out, free seats right through it! Also there was an "80s debate" before hand and the speakers were offensively bad, well at least the first four were, the fifth guy, by which time I'd nearly lost the will to live, was actually quite funny. Anyway still glad I went, after all he is a living legend:)

humbert wrote:
    Hate to admit it but it wasn't as good as I expected, "Face" was quite good but seemed a little unenthusiastic, perhaps because trere was a poor turn out, free seats right through it! Also there was an "80s debate" before hand and the speakers were offensively bad, well at least the first four were, the fifth guy, by which time I'd nearly lost the will to live, was actually quite funny. Anyway still glad I went, after all he is a living legend:)

What were they debating?
    Loads of the debates I've been to this year the speakers have been extremly poor.

was the 80s good or bad! which could have been funny but really wasn't, it went on for quite a while and nobody was there the listen to them anyway:mad:

• Advertisement

humbert wrote:
    was the 80s good or bad! which could have been funny but really wasn't, it went on for quite a while and nobody was there the listen to them anyway:mad:
    The 80's was bloody brilliant no questions asked!!If it hadnt existed none of us would have been born:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

panda100 wrote:
    The 80's was bloody brilliant no questions asked!!If it hadnt existed none of us would have been born:(

Apart from irlrobins that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Pythia wrote:
    Apart from irlrobins that is...
    Bitch! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

humbert wrote:

Squigs or the guy in the fur waistcoat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Did anyone see him on Tubridy? He seemed like a decent guy but I couln't help but get the impression that he was trying way too hard. Still, very hard to believe he's 61, fair play.

the guy in the fur waistcoat, Squigs, i.e. the last guy was ok but that was mainly because the others were so poor.
    I didn't see him on Tubridy, mainly because I hate Tubridy with a passion, but he is a decent guy imho, he has an image which people expect of him when he invited onto things like that, I don't think it's that he's trying too hard.

*edit*Are you the guy in the fur waistcoat by any chance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

Fur waistcoat guy, tall guy and fat guy were all very funny I thought. Dirk is a legend. Who else wud have the balls to hassle the hoff. He has some great stories and great opinions on how to live. I liked his thoughts on current tv shows. I do enjoy metrosexual shows like friends, seinfeld and will and grace, but there -are- times when Id like to see something new on the same level as the a-team. Mindless explosions, gun fights, chauvenism, more fighting... Just the odd time.... I'm not saying women should never have got the vote or anything, just that these shows died with the a-team and knightrider, and have never been replaced...:mad:

The 80's -WAS- a brilliant decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

humbert wrote:
    the guy in the fur waistcoat, Squigs, i.e. the last guy was ok but that was mainly because the others were so poor.
    I didn't see him on Tubridy, mainly because I hate Tubridy with a passion, but he is a decent guy imho, he has an image which people expect of him when he invited onto things like that, I don't think it's that he's trying too hard.

*edit*Are you the guy in the fur waistcoat by any chance??

Damn right I am haha... I'd about fifteen minutes to prepare so wasn't my best day... I got my wish though - I asked to be put after a couple of lepers so it would look better!

Squigs would be the "fat guy" and sean smith would be the "tall guy".

Advertisement