Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE Balancing Statements P21 Error

Options
  • 07-03-2006 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Please take note of the following incident, especially if you are or have claimed medical expenses back from Revenue....

yesterday I received PAYE Balancing Statements ( P21 ) for the years 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2002.
    These statements revealed that I am due money back for 2005 and 2004
    And also that I owe money for 2003 and 2002.

After further investigation, I discovered an error in the 2003 and 2002 statements
    My wife's PAYE tax credits were NOT included in the two statements 2003 and 2002.
    This error caused an underpayment of tax to be declared for both these years.
    Because of this error, money that was due back to me for 2005 and 2004 were not fully paid out,
    and I could also be owed money for 2003.

I notified a representative from the Revenue this morning by calling 1890 777 425
    She told me they are aware of the problem, that some people's PAYE tax credits were left out of the P21 calculations. A computer error she called it.
    She said new P21s will have to be sent out to me to rectify this problem.

Advertisement