Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoneline: New connection time??

Options
  • 07-03-2006 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

I've just moved into a new house in a new development. I ordered a phone line with Eircom about 5 weeks ago. At the time they told me that it should be connected up in 4 weeks (this is the target for all new connections). When the 4 weeks were up , I contacted Eircom again and they said that the it would be the end of March. Then today I got a phone call saying it will now be at least June before I am connected up! They say that this is because they need to do work in the area before they can connect me.

So that will be 6 months to get a phone line connection. This is for a semi-dedatched house in an urban area. It's not like I'm up a mountain in the middle of nowhere. I mean they could build a rocket and fly it into space in that time but they cant connect up a phone line? :mad:

So I'm wondering if anybody else has any experience with this? Is there anyone I can complain to or anyway I can get them to hurry up? I looked up Comreg and the only info I could see about new connections was that they must give you a reason if there is any delay.

Thanks for any info...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

You'll see things like this in the IrelandOffline forum all the time. I had a 9-month fight to get my phone line also in a new house in a new development, and heard just about every excuse imaginable. Did they elaborate on what "work" they need to do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

giveth wrote:
    So that will be 6 months to get a phone line connection. This is for a semi-dedatched house in an urban area. It's not like I'm up a mountain in the middle of nowhere. I mean they could build a rocket and fly it into space in that time but they cant connect up a phone line? :mad:
    Consider yourself lucky, the max time set by Comreg isn a decision last year is now 1 year for applications made since the 1st of December 2005 , before then there was no max time. Thast assuming they have not lost the application, your 1 year max wait starts from date of confirmed receipt ....in writing.

Go to the Top , thats phil.nolan@eircom.ie , especially if you work from home.

Advertisement