Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone anygood with a v3?

• 07-03-2006 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all -

I got a v3 yesterday through boards, and unlocked it - 02 -> Vodafone. I changed a few settings on the phone as well - just simple stuff like changing the external display pic etc.

I'm having a problem now where I can't get at the stuff on the phone - pictures, sounds etc. When I try to open sounds or pics through the regular menu, I get "Accessing Device - Please wait" and it just does that for ages (doesn't hang tho). I also can't use phonetools in file manager mode, but everything else works fine. The sounds and pics work fine as well, I have an mp3 as my ringtone and startup and I can hear it ok.

I bought this off a boardsie, so I'm not sure if I can take it back to 02. I'm also not sure if this is a phone fault, or if I did something myself - seemed to happen all of a sudden tho, I hadn't made any changes for about 20 mins before it happened.

is anyone able to shed any light as to whats going on?

tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I can't help you with that problem specifically, but I can tell you that the Moto V3 is the buggiest piece of crap of a phone I've come across in a long time.

If you can't figure it out, just bring it to a service centre. The latest firmware is probably a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

thanks Blaster99, that seems to be the general opinion of the people I've spoken to. Any idea where I could get that done? Could I do it myself even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Never had that problem and I've had mine for about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Never had that problem and I've had mine for about 6 months.
    if it's under warranty, you could try taking it to the Mobile Phone Repair Company mprc.ie . AFAIK, the warranty coverage is based on scanning the IMEI, rather than the receipt for purchase. It shouldn't matter that you bought the phone second hand, if it's still in warranty.

You might have an issue with them as regards how the phone was unlocked. I take it that it was not unlocked by one of the networks? I had a V3, which I had done some software modification on, but not unlocked, and the repaired it fine. I subsequently had it replaced after 3 failed repair attempts by them.

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

thanks lads for all the advice - I took it to an O2 shop yesterday, and explained the whole situation. The guy took it to send off for repair, so hopefully that'll sort it out. I unlocked it myself, he said that wouldn't make a difference, and it'll still be unlocked when I get it back. Very good service actually, but I'll wait and see if they can fix the phone before I go too mad with the praise ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement