Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Srcapping PTSB "Save to Buy" account and investing the funds elsewhere?

Options
  • 07-03-2006 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I dont think Mrs. Soupercomputer and I are going to buy property in Ireland in the forseeable future. Why is another debate for another day!

Anyway, I would like to put the money we have saved (3.5K) and our future installments to work for us. Any suggestions of how to go about it? Heres what I am thinking so far:

Would a pension be worthwhile?
    What about Mutal funds etc?
    Investment in wine?
    Stocks (although we dont really have enough to open a decent account)

Off the cuff, I am thinking of having some in a "high risk" pension and the other in a "medium" risk.

Any pointers appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Im now looking at the investment funds from Rabo.

What think yé?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

That's what I would do. Looking at doing that myself. Very good returns last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Tazz T wrote:
    That's what I would do. Looking at doing that myself. Very good returns last year.

Cool, thanks.

Any reccomendations for sources of information on the funds they sell? Ive read up on askaboutmoney.com. Any other places that will help me decide what "mix" of funds I should go for?

I think ill be taking it agressively for the first six months anyway, and see how it goes. Hopefully diverisfy a little after that if things go well.

Advertisement