Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if.....

Options
  • 07-03-2006 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Anyone else reading the newer crop featuring the likes of namor, Captain America, and Thor?

They're not too bad, but I hate the new "Watcher". Why did they update this? The old "Watcher" was perfectly fine, this new guy pisses me right off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Downloaded a couple of them and they are really bad I found. The art is god awful and plot lines and very mundane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Venom wrote:
    Downloaded a couple of them and they are really bad I found. The art is god awful and plot lines and very mundane.

Is this the recent ones "What if featuring....", with Captain America, Thor, Namor and so on?

In fairness there's not a huge amount they can do in one-issue, I THought they were all right myself, not winning any awards for the most part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Loved the original series of What ifs? Some great stories in there - recenty got a few of them thrown in as part of a big order, they still read well today. I'll give the new ones a look next time I'm ordering though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

yeah, have to say this was a really dissappointing batch of 'what ifs'.

The artwork in the Wolverine one was just awful, I really get the feeling that these were rushed out because it wss that time of year when they release the what if's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I thought the art on the Daredevil story was excellent, and a brilliant story. The rest I found all right, Robert Kirkman really isn't doing anything spectacular off Invincible, "Zombies", and "What If....Thor" are mediocre at best.

No question though, the original "What if..." series was the business! the Shiznit if you will! Doanloaded a bunch of them a while back, great reading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement