Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Esat Cust

• 07-03-2006 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

2 years ago, I did the 3-month trial with Esat. It was good but too expensive for me at the time so I returned the router on completion of the trial.

Last summer I tried to sign up to Esat for Broadband. After receiving my on-line application, they called me back for my bank account details and called me a few days later for my Universal account number as I am with UTV talk for line rental.
    I never received anything nor heard anything from Esat again!

On Feb 17th, I called them and signed up for the Broadband option 2 pack.
    I gave all the required details and called them back last week for an update as I heard nothing back.
    They said that my application status was on hold! This was due to Eircom rejecting the application, which I presume is on the exchange side of things.
    Esat's resolution for this is to re-submit the application again!

I have a bad feeling about this, as it seems that nobody in their Customer Services department seems to know what they are doing and this appears to be going around in circles.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm on the verge of just cancelling Esat and going to different and more expensive supplier..
    Unfortunately SMART do not provide their service for my local exchange based in Dun Longhaire.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Wickerman1 wrote:
    2 years ago, I did the 3-month trial with Esat. It was good but too expensive for me at the time so I returned the router on completion of the trial.

Last summer I tried to sign up to Esat for Broadband. After receiving my on-line application, they called me back for my bank account details and called me a few days later for my Universal account number as I am with UTV talk for line rental.
    I never received anything nor heard anything from Esat again!

On Feb 17th, I called them and signed up for the Broadband option 2 pack.
    I gave all the required details and called them back last week for an update as I heard nothing back.
    They said that my application status was on hold! This was due to Eircom rejecting the application, which I presume is on the exchange side of things.
    Esat's resolution for this is to re-submit the application again!

I have a bad feeling about this, as it seems that nobody in their Customer Services department seems to know what they are doing and this appears to be going around in circles.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm on the verge of just cancelling Esat and going to different and more expensive supplier..
    Unfortunately SMART do not provide their service for my local exchange based in Dun Longhaire.

Surely the most important thing to do at this stage is to find out why exactly your application was rejected by Eircom - until this is resolved you wont know where you stand.

Are you still with UTV for your calls? If that is the case it may be a contributing factor - I say may because I dont know about this aspect but perhaps others who have had their calls with UTV might be able to offers some advice. (Do you pay line rental to UTV?)

Have you checked to see if you number still passes the Eircom test?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

:rolleyes: Called Esat this evening. Eircom have now accepted my application and I should be up and running in a week. I don't know if the Customer Service Rep was just telling me what I wanted to here to get rid of me!

Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Their customer service are beyond useless. Their retarded mistakes and lies have cost us over a hundred euro.

Their tech support are a little more helpful, but will still never admit a problem with their service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yeah, Esat BT support is totally retarded.

Remeber the upgrade of Jan 23rd? BT Broadband was supposed to go from 1Mbps/128K to 2Mbps/256K.

I got nothing >_< and I've been going around in circles trying to find out what the hell happened. Two weeks to-ing and fro-ing with tech support by E-Mail nothing. Called them about 2 weeks ago they said (after sending me back and forth from tech support to customer care keeping me on hold and cutting me off) it would be sorted within the week.

Still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

I was right, it was total Bulls**T!
    I called them on Friday evening and spoke to some foreign dude who did not have a clue what I was talking about.

It seems that they have done absolutely nothing except give the same spill, "Eh! You will need to ring back next week" I told him that I wanted speak to a manager and was told that there was none available!, I asked for the managers name! "oh it's Lisa!", "Can I speak to Lisa please", "no she is not available", "Can you ask Lisa to call me back then", "No, she doesn’t do call backs", "Well what is she there for?", he agreed to send a mail to Lisa to call me back on Monday or I was going to take my custom somewhere else".

Of course nobody even bothered to call me back! On principal, I am considering to go somewhere else. They are unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Yep, I had the same thing more or less. I wanted to transfer the phone line from Eircom to BT, then get BB. Said I should do the transfer first, then order BB 2 weeks later. After 2 weeks nothing at all had happened, and they didn;t know why. Then it turned out they had gotten my back a/c details wrong, so I gave them new details. FInally a couple of weeks later my line was with them, and I ordered BB. Again, they said it should take less than 2 weeks, but in the process the order was stoped internally and I was given later and later go live dates. Any time I called it was like starting all over again, although the chap who finally got my line sorted was good as he did call back etc, but the others were terrible.

It takes alot to get me angry, but after 10 weeks of this crap, I finally got the BB connected, but not before being overcharged by a random 104 euro, and being billed for a few weeks of BB that I didn;t even have a connection for.

They still didn't get my bank a/c details right, so my first two bills were follwed by "late payment" notices, as I had assumed they had sorted that bit!

I did write to Pat McCabe, head of customer services, and did get an apology, and a refund for my over charging, and I think I got some credit, but man, over 10 weeks to do something that should have taken 4 at the most.

Funny thing is, about a month after getting it all sorted the doorbell rang one night and there were 2 youngish blokes standing there, they asked are you "Mr Adeptus Titanicus?" I said yes, and they kinda stood there till I said "and who are you?". Turns out they were from Eircom and were calling to see if I wanted to go back to them! lol Ya know, I regretted leaving Eircom after the BT fiasco, but I told them I had been through so much crap, I just couldn't face the possibility of more, plus BTs line rental was much cheaper. He said fair enough, and suggested I look at Smart! lol

Hmm.. this post is longer than I intended...

Anyway, if you can get a better deal, go elsewhere! Go somewhere where the customer service IS service!

Advertisement