Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcast Style?

Options
  • 07-03-2006 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

The Podcast page is really attractive, I especially love the way the drop-down menus across the top are done, Is their any style's like this ? If not I think it would be cool to do a Boards Podcast style, just like BIE, Cloud, Minimalist etc. It looks cool and really MAC like which I like :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Ah, come on, man. You are just high on the podcasts because you got a mention in the last one...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

the podcast page is like a Wordpress page, but is actually a loudblog page.
    Why not get a vB style and edit it and make it an XML file for Cloud and see if he takes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I'm still amazed that he's taking my direct and whole-heartedly meant suggestion that he should be shot on sight as a compliment. Fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sparky-s wrote:
    the podcast page is like a Wordpress page, but is actually a loudblog page.
    Why not get a vB style and edit it and make it an XML file for Cloud and see if he takes it.
    I wonder how he managed to do the link back to the forums on the side there. That's something I haven't managed to do with loudblog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Shabadu wrote:
    I'm still amazed that he's taking my direct and whole-heartedly meant suggestion that he should be shot on site as a compliment. Fascinating.
    It does lend weight to the theory that he's just a particularly adept troll. However it could just be:
    farside3.gif

• Advertisement

I wonder how he managed to do the link back to the forums on the side there. That's something I haven't managed to do with loudblog.

you mean the one thats

I personally havnt used loudblog but i would maybe think he used it in the links section, or altered the index code to include the data.

btw on the topic of your podcast, nice off topicness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sparky-s wrote:
    btw on the topic of your podcast, nice off topicness :D
    Ha cheers. There'd be a new one up already, but I burned myself horribly making the chocolate cake.

Once the blisters have died down I will record another one.

As for the links... I tried lots of different things in loudblog... even copying the code that Cloud has there, but the tags would always show up in the final text.

he could be using php to add it
    id say a good pm to cloud will sort ya out, he sorted me out on a simular issue on adding links.

Mmmm. cake

Advertisement