Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 year old stabbed in Waterford City

Options
  • 07-03-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0307/waterford.html

Schoolboy in hospital after Waterford stabbing

A 15-year-old schoolboy remains in hospital after two men in their 20s stabbed him on a bus in Waterford city yesterday afternoon.

Two men were arrested yesterday. They were subsequently released without charge but gardaí say a file is being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.

More information has been emerging today about what gardaí say was a very serious incident in broad daylight.

Just before 4pm, a single-decker Bus Éireann city bus had stopped at the bottom of Parnell Street, one of the busiest streets in the city, to pick up passengers.

A fight ensued on the back seats of the bus between three or four young men.

One of the youths, a 15-year-old teenager, was left with a number of stab wounds to his shoulder, hands and legs.

Those who attacked him jumped off the bus and fled the scene.

Gardaí say the teenager managed to walk the 300 or so yards to the main garda station at Ballybricken, from where he was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital.

Gardaí say his injuries are not life threatening.

They are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which they believe may be connected to an on-going feud on a housing estate in Waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Jesus its just getting rougher and rougher around here isnt it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

It could be the new town motto - "Welcome to Waterford, you may not get stabbed"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think the last sentence in that report is the important one. "Springers" on some estate. Every town/city has them.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

deise59 wrote:
    Two men were arrested yesterday. They were subsequently released without charge but gardaí say a file is being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.

For God's sake!! These people are obviously dangerous.. why are they not locked up!? Im sure the fact that the DPP is preparing a file has them shaking in their boots.

I know I know.. innocent til proven guilty etc... but still, surely theres evidence there if theres a file being sent.

Who else are they gonna knife while the DPP considers the file!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

not to mention this too: http://www.munster-express.ie/news1.html

town is stab mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

THink the little fella's name was Pierce Moran btw from Kilcohan. Not sure but that's what I heard. You'd want to be a right prick to stab a little fella like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 The War Dept.

how long are we going to piss about with filth like this ?? it would cost a lot less if we just shoot them............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

The poor little fella is probably an angel who would'nt say boo to a goose and just got picked on for no reason;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

how long are we going to piss about with filth like this ?? it would cost a lot less if we just shoot them............
    And would you stop when you got rid of all the scumbags ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 blondi

the war dept guy/girl? is reading my diary, in dublin now we have gatecraschers that shoot people because they are refused entry to a private party ?? someone in power is going to have to decide sooner or later, id rather it be sooner personally, and if i got caught in the crossfire id take my chances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shivering Man

you cant just shoot them ?? electrodes to the testicles until their trial comes up makes a lot more sense

right, its a bit extreme, fair enough, but when is someone going to act ?? as blondi said ? i mean where the f**k is this country going now ? i dont wanna sound like and old cu*t but where are heroes like lugs brannigan these days ? he never took any sh*t from the dregs of society / he had the best attitude in that the best place for a wild animal is in a cage. FULL STOP .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

gas would be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

i can get you a quote ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 blondi

marcsignal wrote:
    i can get you a quote ??
    Really ? im interested, it would certainly be cleaner and less public, ha ha ya fckn nazi bstd

lads you're all just takin the piss now ? get real will yis ? don't you think it all getting out of control ? i mean seriously ? how many people have been shot stabbed or beaten to within an inch of their lives for stupid reasons ? not that there's ever a good reason ? i never leave the house without a weapon personally and if i had to use it id argue my corner i court, if some scumbag tried it on i would waste the bstd and wont apologise to anyone here for it ? sorry ?

i never leave the house without a weapon personally

If thats true then you are proberly a statistic waiting to happen.

Mike.

we're all statistics, id just rather be a live one than a dead one, and if i got outta there in time, who would ever know ?

Okay thats enough dumb ass bar-stool talk. Thread closed.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement