Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Split

• 07-03-2006 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi im 23 south/dublin..I just split with my g/f today-we only met before xmas but feels like a year still

we broke up today over something ridiculous(think its for good)--she went haywire telling me how **** i treat her sometimes which believe me is'nt true, she just seems to want to pick petty fights all the time despite being the lovely girl she is and then what annoys me most is she lectures me like im a child and talks exactly how her mother talks to her little brother(makes me cringe when she goes on like this)....

shes told her friends my treatment of her is disgraceful which is a terrible thing to do on me aswell because its so untrue-she just overreacts to, and blows up on me about ANY little thing i might say wrong....on the flip side there has been a few times shes been rotten to me and has made me promise not to tell anyone she was like this to save face(not that i would tell anyone!)

shes been really really thoughtful towards me and always best intentions to be fair to her and i fell i owe her an awful lot because she gave more in the relationship than i did but im gone off her now because of this fighting-it just wont stop even when we agree to..

i feel embarrassed cause i know everyone will believe her and even though i know ive done nothing wrong i feel extremely guilty...im even down myself because i know shes crying her eyes out now EVEN though its all her own doing....this feeling really sucks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry to hear that. It seems to me that you are not suited for each other - and you are well shut of her. I have a view that when women don't behave themselves it is better to get rid of them. Leave it til late - then they are getting rid of you, keeping the property and screwing you for maintenance. Welcome to the New Oireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

Sometimes people have to be hurt before they realise how they themselves could be hurting someone too. Not that it's your case...

This feeling of guilt is exactly the same for both of you, because no matter what others think or say about you, it was still up to both of you to stay together or break up.

Just don't be selfish. If she tries to get back together, don't fight it - after all, you feel some kind of guilt - so maybe that's just a sign that she does deserve another chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Rockstar* wrote:
    Hi im 23 south/dublin..I just split with my g/f today-we only met before xmas but feels like a year still

we broke up today over something ridiculous(think its for good)--she went haywire telling me how **** i treat her sometimes which believe me is'nt true, she just seems to want to pick petty fights all the time despite being the lovely girl she is and then what annoys me most is she lectures me like im a child and talks exactly how her mother talks to her little brother(makes me cringe when she goes on like this)....

shes told her friends my treatment of her is disgraceful which is a terrible thing to do on me aswell because its so untrue-she just overreacts to, and blows up on me about ANY little thing i might say wrong....on the flip side there has been a few times shes been rotten to me and has made me promise not to tell anyone she was like this to save face(not that i would tell anyone!)

shes been really really thoughtful towards me and always best intentions to be fair to her and i fell i owe her an awful lot because she gave more in the relationship than i did but im gone off her now because of this fighting-it just wont stop even when we agree to..

i feel embarrassed cause i know everyone will believe her and even though i know ive done nothing wrong i feel extremely guilty...im even down myself because i know shes crying her eyes out now EVEN though its all her own doing....this feeling really sucks

And when she starts hitting you, its all your fault. Her violence towards you is what you brought out in her. It is all your fault.
    Her tantrums are something you did. Live with it. It is your fault.It is not her fault. It is yours.Find your true love. not some one who says they love you and does not show it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

If she lies about you then you are well rid of her....and anyone who believes her lies don't deserve any of your time either....you don't seem to have been suited at all & so I'd thank my lucky stars you are out of that one & move on....best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Just as well buddy! She sounds like a bit of a pyscho to be honest! Stay well clear!

She isn't a fellow boards person by any chance? She sounds familiar! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

And when she starts hitting you, its all your fault. Her violence towards you is what you brought out in her. It is all your fault.
    Her tantrums are something you did. Live with it. It is your fault.It is not her fault. It is yours.Find your true love. not some one who says they love you and does not show it.

What manner of BS is this?
    Rockstar* wrote:
    she gave more in the relationship than i did but im gone off her now because of this fighting-it just wont stop even when we agree to..

If this is true maybe that's why she gets so annoyed with you.

Otherwise I'd consider myself well rid of a fool like that. No-one gets to monopolise one side of every argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Rockstar*

thanx for all the posts - anyway We broke up this morning - life goes on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Please leave the site now!!

To the OP, it seems that she likes to put you down in public yet she doesn't like it herself, IMO you're better off without her if she's going to be this way. If she can't treat you with the respect you treat her (an assumption) then she doesn't deserve you. This **** hurts but it'll make you stronger in the long run and wary of any such behaviour from future partners.

Advertisement