Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP !! song on sony ad ??

Options
  • 07-03-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

can some one please tell me the name or artist of the song on the sony ad with the ping pong balls for the flat screen tv! its so frustrating !! !
    please..... :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Search is your friend but for the millionth time on boards.ie we are proud to present Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats from the album Veneer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Wow there is someone who did not know that? Hell just go to Sonys website and its right there.. video included.
    All the radio stations announce the song as being from the sony bravia ad too :D

Great album by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

jose gonzales- heartbeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

and just as a matter of interest the song is a cover of Heartbeats by The Knife.

Nope its his song! he wrote it. It WAS however released before.. his family moved to Sweden and released a very funky version of it years ago! No where near as good as the accoustic version he re-released

Wait maybe thats the band he was in when it was first released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think you're mistaken there Saruman.

The Knife (Karin Dreijer and Olof Dreijer) have no specific ties with Jose Gonzáléz.. he covered 'Heartbeats' which was on their 2003 album, "Deep Cuts".

Though The Knife's version is a bit too electronica for my liking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Saruman wrote:
    All the radio stations announce the song as being from the sony bravia ad too

I wonder how much Sony are paying them to do that?

Shít ad , great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pigman II wrote:
    .. Shít ad ..
    Blasphemy! :eek:

Ad is fantastic.. did you see any of the behind the scenes footage? Twas phenomenal the amount of effort involved and it looks amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

basquille wrote:
    Blasphemy! :eek:

Ad is fantastic.. did you see any of the behind the scenes footage? Twas phenomenal the amount of effort involved and it looks amazing.

Yep saw it. The ad is still a ponderous, pretentious and contrived mess imho, perfectly highlighted by the fact that the tune they used has no connection to what were looking at or even the product itself other than one couplet that goes on about 'perfect tunes' and 'the colours red and blue'. I can picture some ad man in an office somewhere squeezing his stupid little executive toy when he heard that lyrics only for the 5watt lightbulb to go off in his worthless head.

I could be wrong.. im only relaying what i was told after a today FM interview with him..
    I probably did not hear right... i was driving at the time so probably did not understand right..

Probably put the fact he is from sweden (via argentina :D) together with the knife being from there too and thought he was saying he was a member :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This isn't the first time I've had to do this, lol, taken from jose-gonzalez.com track listing:

01. slow moves
    02. remain
    03. lovestain
    04. crosses
    05. heartbeats (written by The Knife)
    06. deadweight on velveteen
    07. all you deliver
    08. stay in the shade
    09. hints
    10. save your day
    11. broken arrows

The advert as a whole is very good, they picked a song that is very likeable, it is a great song, the ad can be easily described "the one with the bouncy balls", bang, everyone knows what you're talking about, although it gives little information about the product, it conveys a message of colour (like no other), people always link to the making of videos, their website, etc etc, this is what they want, it is one of the most talked about ads, numerous threads have appeared on boards alone about it. People want to find out more. People relate the song to the ad and the ad to the song, it's mentioned on radios so people are familiar with it. At a concert it wouldn't be surprising to hear "this is the one from the sony ad". That is good advertising!

Advertisement