Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best size

Options
  • 07-03-2006 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

I was wondering wat size alloys would fit best on a mitsubishi colt

I was thinking of getting these

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

17's would be as large as I'd go - stick with 16's at most if you want performance. Lovely choice of wheel by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

yeah,great wheel, considering them for my 206. i wouldnt go bigger then 16s on a colt plus with those rims they look bigger then they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Progen

those OZ racings would be best in 16s with a low profile rubber. You could go for 17s, but be different, get 16s, and fit some competition coilovers (H&R / Tein) and drop it down low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Each to their own. Like they said 17's will kill whatever performance the car has. Also if the cars loaded with people you may experience back arches rubbing. 16's are a good compromise.
    I myself prefer lightweight 14-15" JDM alloys on a very low car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It was back in the day, but I had 195/50/15 rubber on a MK2 Colt, and they rubbed slightly under hard cornering. It handled beautifully - wonderful neutral steer, very hard to put a wheel out of place - but the ride shook the shít out of the interior with 15s. Going bigger would be just plain silly unless it's a pure posing car.

I hope it's not a late model Colt, not a fan. You could use the spoiler as a feckin' coffee table.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

em... id have to say get them in 16's because 15's jus look too small. Also get the car lowered so rim fills the arch makes the wheel look bigger and gives the car a better stance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Would agree with everybody else so far.....16's would be the best especially wit that alloy.......sweet looking wheels by the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Also bare in mind that bigger rims need bigger tires which usually cost more as the inches increase. Bigger rims are also usually heavier and can therefore reduce acceleration. I have a set of 15 inch 205's and a set a set of 16 inch 225's and I notice a subtle, yet noticeable difference in acceleration.

Advertisement