Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

can i suspend my insurance policy

Options
  • 07-03-2006 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

i was just wondering if it is possible to suspend a car insurance policy and if you can is there much hassle because im going to be in germany for the next few months and my car insurance isnt due to be renewed until june which is exactly when im coming home,so is it possible to ring up my company and tell them to give me credit for the four months i wont be using it or something.my premium is nearly €1300 so it means quite a saving to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why not ring up your insurance company and ask them? They're likely to be somewhat more familiar with their terms & conditions than we are.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Hiberian agreed to that when I went to Germany a few yaers back I went in April and twas suspended till August when I got back My policy was up in mid August so I think they deducted the ammount from my following years policy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yes you can, I am with quinn and my car was off the road for a bit. They will send you out a form to fill in stating when you want to suspend you policy. :cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Should be possible, but be aware if your car is damaged or stolen whilst you are away it's your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭bammccabe

very good il give them a call now and see if i can get the negesssary forms,
    thanks for the help because i didnt want to give them the satisfaction of telling me i couldnt do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement