Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Longford

Options
  • 07-03-2006 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

i just move to longford because of work.
    anybody no of anything decent to do in the area, havent found much to do yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 HEATZ

what do you want to do? there is plenty about ya just gota look for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

... sorry for your troubles :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

What did you do in Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Talwin Hawkings

connundrum wrote:
    ... sorry for your troubles :(

haha thanks.

im goin to college in waterford but ended up in longford for me placement for the next 7 months. ah sure have to have a look around, see whats on offer.

Depends what exactly you want to do doesn't it.
    The best nightclub is Blazers in the Longford arms but it is also well worth a trip to Carrick-on-shannon(20 mins drive), totally different atmosphere here, people very relaxed women tend to wear more clothes but everyone knows how to have fun.Both entirely superior to anything in Limerick.
    My fav pub is Valentines very chilled.
    Best place for irish food is The aubergine, great grub and unbelievable good value! The chinese gormet across the street is also the best chinese I have been too.Actually do you know a good chinese in Limerick?Oh and lord forbid I forget the infamous luigi chip.
    For shopping for boys spirit down dublin street is pretty good, and the owner is lovly, but you are just an hour and half from dublin.Well worth a trip if you are going staying weekends.
    My personal favorite thing to do is visit the excellent karting track in Edgeworthstown, there is also a kayaking club in ballymahon, a scuba diving club that meets in the county pool and you can learn to fly a two eater in abbeyshrule.There are various team sports that will accept you but to be honest I'm not that into them, invest in a copy of the Longford leader to see if there is anything you want to join.
    The gym in the longford arms is usually expensive but they do have a student rate, the mall is cheaper but not as handy, as it is provided by the council you have to traipse uptown to go swimming in the town pool.
    Assuming you have a car I would really take the opportunity to visit a bit north, leitrim really is very beautiful, and has lots of watersports, explore the old roads,no doubt you will fancy a trip to gowel, and sligo and derry are great for shopping and belfast is fantastic for going out.
    EHHMmm tell me what your actually into and I'll direct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Talwin Hawkings

some good stuff there thanks!! generally was lookin for stuff to do durin the weekend for the day. really good help! have tried the aubergine already and must say tis a really nice place, and the indian takeaway is nicer than anythin ive had in limerick or waterford. didnt realise there was a go kartin track of any of that stuff in the surronding area. good to no bout these things.

and for limerick, chinese in the centre of town, jasmine palace is really good but on the more pricey side. since i live at the university side of the city i kno a few places that side too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭TiwstaSista

Yes Jasmine palace is great. Do they still do that green curry stuff? :D

Advertisement