Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumped

• 07-03-2006 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was dumped on Sunday night. Was with him for 6 months. Finding it very hard at the moment. I just feel all depressed and want to cry but just can't. I dont want to talk to my friends, I dont know why. Just need to talk to someone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Why not start writing a diary? Whenever I broke up with a man I wrote it all down....diaries are great as you can talk to them whenever & wherever you like......

You could also try calling the Samaritans (1850 60 90 90) or a similar organisation....

Best of luck....it does get easier....:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the first week & month are always hard especially when you're the dumped one. make sure to keep in touch with your mates, try doing things you enjoy and have a good few nights out in the short term to help you relax. good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You may not want to hear it but try and take your mind off it, do something you enjoy... the Samiritans are a great bunch to talk to if you cant face your friends but im sure your mates would like to talk it out with you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Yea I agree with the above! Its a strange place to be soon after being dumped! You don't know what to think and what to do!

Just ride the storm and it will soon die down and you will be off out on the hunt for fresh meat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Treat yourself. Give yourself a week or so, and just be really extra nice to yourself, your feelings will surface in due course, and you'll be ready to deal with them then. You're kind of in shock at the minute, give it a few days, and be really, realy nice to yourself in the meantime ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Treat yourself. Give yourself a week or so, and just be really extra nice to yourself, your feelings will surface in due course, and you'll be ready to deal with them then. You're kind of in shock at the minute, give it a few days, and be really, realy nice to yourself in the meantime ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

easier said than done, but keep yourself busy. involve yourself in interesting activities that will help you to stop focusing on the break-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭R-KEANE

this is going to sound like rubbish advice but what has helped me in the past was focussing on my girlfriends bad points. why i was better off without her. you'll be over him in know time if you do that. if you're not going to be seeing him every again, then this might be ok. dont go overbord though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dubwhite

Dumped:( wrote:
    I was dumped on Sunday night. Was with him for 6 months. Finding it very hard at the moment. I just feel all depressed and want to cry but just can't. I dont want to talk to my friends, I dont know why. Just need to talk to someone

What reasons did he give for ending it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

R-KEANE wrote:
    this is going to sound like rubbish advice but what has helped me in the past was focussing on my girlfriends bad points. why i was better off without her. you'll be over him in know time if you do that. if you're not going to be seeing him every again, then this might be ok. dont go overbord though.

no offence, but thats horrible....:eek: and unhealthy.

why put the conscious effort into hating someone? moving on with your life is more important that convincing yourself (whether it's true or not) that you went out with a horrible person for all those months or years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭R-KEANE

no offence, but thats horrible....:eek: and unhealthy.

why put the conscious effort into hating someone? moving on with your life is more important that convincing yourself (whether it's true or not) that you went out with a horrible person for all those months or years.
    well thats not really what i meant. if you can focus on why they are not good for you then you are closer to being over them

Advertisement