Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to move from the UK to Ireland.

Options
  • 07-03-2006 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm looking to move to Ireland within the next few months, once i've found a job (anyone looking for a Injection Moulding Technician, i'm good honest !).
    And i'm just trying to work out what sort of place i can afford to rent. I'm looking to be on around 35k euro (don't have a Euro button on this pc :rolleyes:) which i think works out around 2200 take home a month. So what do you think I could afford, With Bills and things ? Is there anything i should be aware of in general ? I'm hoping to live around the Wicklow/Bray area.
    Thanks for your help,
    Mike.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You should spend about 25% of your gross on housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭kensutz

If Waterford is any good you might get a job with those figures quoted. Would probably have to do shift work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭MikeHunt

You could find a nice place to rent in the Wicklow/Bray area with rent slightly cheaper than in Dublin city, but this should be weighed up with consideration for the area you'll be working in. Bear in mind that the transport over here is sub-standard, somehting which is especially noticable if you're coming from the UK.

You can find a studio apartment for under €700 per month in Dublin city, or a double bedroom in a shared house for around €375-450

http://www.daft.ie seems to be the most popular site by far for finding rented accomodation.

There's a good journey planner here http://www.dto-journeyplanner.ie/dtojp/jsp/journeyplanner/content/start.do

and Google maps covers us pretty well too

Advertisement