Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smootie additives

• 07-03-2006 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I make a fruit smootie every morning but was wondering is there anything I could add to improve energy levels or immune system e.g herbs or drops from health shop?
    Long shot asking as is food and receipes forum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Crubeens

Try adding fresh ginger. Also, Gin Sing is supposed to be great for energy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I make a few litres of smoothie a week and have experimened with a few different additives.

The best in terms of nutrition is undoubtedly spirulina. It is a pretty serious health food. The unfortunate thing is that it also turns your entire smoothie green! Other great additives are wheat germ (really tasty in there too!), Udos oils and cod liver oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

A few bits of uncooked broccoli is good, Porridge oats are also good for a morning smoothie and protein powder to make it a full meal smoothie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

frobisher wrote:
    The best in terms of nutrition is undoubtedly spirulina. It is a pretty serious health food. The unfortunate thing is that it also turns your entire smoothie green!

And it stinks to high heaven! Only because it's good for you though :) I use this in all my smoothies and I find it makes me feel more full than the fruit alone as it's such an intensive dose of minerals vitamins, protein etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lorcul

Where can you purchase Spirulina?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Nearly all health food shops will have it.

Advertisement